Reviews: shaunmont2287

Pandora after 80s

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Staff nice and helpful. Good location. No atmosphere which I felt let the place down.

• 15th Dec 2013

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Good hostel in excellent location. Staff were friendly and helpful. The bar and club downstairs were pretty lively and it was easyish to meet people, it was also cheap for auckland. A lot of people seem to live there which means there is a crowd of people who know each other which can be daunting for a solo traveller there for a few days. I managed to meet a few people for a drink though, so it cant be that much of a problem. i'd reccomend.

• 29th Apr 2013

Hi Shaun! Thank you for your feedback. I always try and read every single one and reply personally. The reviews are really important to us! Of course it is a great honour to reply to a positive review like yours ;-) So thank you for your generous rating and feedback. I hope you get the chance to stop in at the other bases around New Zealand and Australia. And make sure you say hi next time you stay with us! Safe travels, Amanda. General Manager, Base Auckland

Downtown Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

My bed sheets were stinking! Staff were ok, and location was good. My bed sheets were appalling though, so I wouldn't recommend.

• 22nd Apr 2013

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2

Singapore, Singapore

The hostel was ok. Good location. The price seemed expensive after travelling the rest of SE Asia but it's probably not too bad for Singapore which generally is pricey. It gets on my nerves when I have to make my own bed, especially having paid as much as I did. The staff were helpful and friendly. The communal area seems pretty good although I couldn't say what it's like for meeting people as I didn't really try.

• 12th Apr 2013

Cocoa Mews

Penang, Malaysia

The location is very good even if it's a little hard to find because the entrance is very small and easy to miss. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Showers and toilets were fine. Wifi was poor. Cocoa mews certainly isn't a party hostel, so if thats what you're after, I'd look elsewhere. I had a good nights sleep. I heard stories of bed bugs, but neither me or my friend were bitten. In summary, nice and cheap (for Penang) for a quiet night.

If you come to hanoi and don't stay here, your stupid! Great atmosphere, location and facilities. Castaways tour is the highlight of my travels so far and definitely worth the money.

• 25th Feb 2013

This hostel was good. I read the comments on hostel world and it was about right. A big bonus is that a lot of the staff are western so can help out a lot more than pretty much any other hostel I've stayed at in Asia. The atmosphere for meeting people here was ok, but a little bit cliquey. This was most likely just when I was there but the western staff seemed to hang out with a few of the backpackers that had been there a while. Having said that I was never alone here as a solo traveler.

• 21st Feb 2013

A Little Bird Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hostel. Loved the courtyard. Had lots of fun just chilling out with a beer chatting to everyone. If you want a quiet hostel, this probably isn't for you. But if you want a fun, sociable, extremely cheap hostel it's perfect. Ideal for solo travellers. I booked a bus and an elephant trek in the hostel. Both were spot on.

Suneta Hostel Khaosan

Bangkok, Thailand

Suneta is a comfortable, clean hostel with helpful and friendly staff. The location is perfect, really close to khao san rd but without the noise. You can lock all of your belongings inside your capsule bed making it a secure place to say. Downstairs there is a nice little common area with good WiFi and a tv. The common area being so nice I was surprised it wasn't busier. I only really met one person to hang out with. The beds make it hard to meet friends in your room.