Reviews: madteapartynet8345

The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

This was my favourite hostel in Toronto. It doesn't feel as new or hotel-esque, but it has the kind of personality that made me first fall for hostelling. I didn't really fall for the bigger fancier hostels in Toronto; this place, I felt at home, it was relaxed and easy to talk to new people but without being annoyingly "party" in the hostel itself; the local bar downstairs was great for when you did want a drink. Free breakfast quality is amazing; even my latte was free! Cafe staff were great!

• 3rd Mar 2013

Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

Nothing wrong here; everything is new & clean & convenient, staff are very good. Everything nearly perfect & I slept well. Kinda modern, university-esque atmosphere? Personally though, I guess I prefer smaller, indie, unique places, warmer atmosphere; this is more hotel-ish. My only warnings: a) ensuite baths mean that roomates will leave all their stuff in the bathroom, instead of keeping it clean like with seperate hostel-style showers b) worst coffee of my life. Otherwise, a safe bet.

• 1st Mar 2013

There's nothing more I could possibly have asked for from this hostel. Because of Toco, Tokyo became a relaxing place to stay instead of just a big city. I was reluctant to move from Kyoto to Tokyo, but because of the garden and buildings at Toco I was able to feel more balanced. The staff are all wonderful I can't say enough about them. It's easy to meet and talk to people (but it's not noisy), and the bar is not intimidating even for someone like me. My best decision in Tokyo was this hostel.

• 15th Jun 2011

Hotel Chuo Oasis

Osaka, Japan

IchiEnSou

Kyoto, Japan

I stayed here for a month. I didn't want to leave Kyoto or this hostel. The staff become like family, the house is relaxing, and the location is beyond excellent; it's right in the middle of Gion (yes you sometimes see geisha :p), but also right next to the river, temples, kiyamachi, subways , shopping, etc. So whether you want to sightsee or drink or just be lazy like me and get coffee and sit by the river, it's perfect. On weekends sometimes everyone will go out to eat together. I loved it.

Pink In The City

New York, USA

We couldn't have hoped for a better place to stay. Very clean, not too loud, and easy to stay there, and all the staff were nice. no problems with this hostel at all. Would definitely stay there if I went back. No lockers but they will keep anything you want behind the staff desk (someone is there 24 hrs) or in the one lockbox there so I felt totally fine with that. Would be nice if they had toilets seperate from the showers coz the bathrooms are kinda busy in the morning but I was fine. Again, couldn't hav

Very spacious for price! Interesting building with lots of character and japanese style. Nice staff. Shared bath is very nice too. Good daily amenities in rooms for the price. Only complaint is some areas of building are rather musty-smelling, but unavoidable due to age/wood construction. Adjustable AC/fan in each room as well as windows make it not much of a problem. More expensive than hostels but would definitely stay here again! :)