Reviews: EddieMercury

Location: Ireland, Gender: Male, Age: 26

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

It may look a bit rough around the edges - but that is because it has recently been taken over by Robert who is doing a great job. It has everything you want and is in a great location (right beside the riverside). The staff are very helpful and will answer every question you have. Breakfasts were nice and cheap. Their tuk tuk tours were good value. Thoroughly recommend this place!

Angkor Wonder Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

The big draw for this hostel is its location - it is so close to the centre of town (and Pub Street). I stayed in a private single room with just the fan and it was fine, it never got too warm or uncomfortable. I had already done the temples before staying here so I can't comment on their tours but the room was nice.

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

A great family run hostel. They know how to treat their guests and any problem you may have they will go out of their way to solve it for you. A great location, great facilities, and breakfast was very nice. The only problem was my bd was on the 5th floor - but that was worth it when I was given a big single bed and not a bunk bed. Stay here!

HQ Cafe

Nha Trang, Vietnam

A good location - near to the beach. The rooms are big and have a couch, a pc, and a tv. If the people in the room are nice and talkative then this makes for a great atmosphere. I booked a snorkeling tour with them and I was very happy with it. The lockers are huge!

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

It's a bit of a party hostel but a good one at that! The breakfasts were great! 15 min walk from town. One thing I really didn't like were the cleaners. I often spent the afternoon in the room and the cleaners would walk in, look at me and then walk out - which appeared very suspicious to me (so use your lockers). Once they woke me at 8.45 to clean my bed! Also, the manager came into the room to ask me if the other people were staying for the next night (eventhough I didn't know them).

Phoenix Hotel Hue

Hue, Vietnam

A very strange hotel. When I booked a trip to Hoi An with a different travel agent the lady who runs this place tried to make me feel guilty. The rooms were nice but the locks on the doors weren't the best. No real atmosphere to the place. Never felt comfortable there. Decent location. Could be a great hotel if the staff were better.

Street Backpackers Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Probably the best hostel I've been to. Have never been given a hug upon checking out but it goes to show how much the staff here do for their guests! A great location. Booked tours to Sapa & Ha Long Bay with them and was very happy with them. Breakfast is basic, but their are plenty of places to get food in the area. Wouldn't recommend their laundry though - it needed another rinse to get rid of some leftover detergent (but that's a small problem). Overall - stay here!

Smile Society

Bangkok, Thailand

It's location is good as it is close to local transport - but it is a good distance away from the sights which will require around 30 minutes to get to (at least, more if you use the water tourist boat). Staff were all really helpful. Clean. Relaxed.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

All round the hostel is good. Near to local transport which is very useful. It is loud - so don't go there expecting to get to bed early.

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

Great hostel. Clean, and in a good location. Would be nice if they had a free breakfast in the morning, especially considering the high price. Was in the couples room (which is not advertised online) it is just for girls, and guys can only stay there when traveling with girls. There were quiet a few people sharing beds in the room, which was a bit annoying.

Hi Edward, We're happy that you enjoyed your stay! We have free cereal and milk on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings, and each and every morning our guests get a special discount at a very nearby diner that already has low prices. Instead of breakfast, we have free things in the evenings to encourage our guests to socialize. These include free wine and cheese on Tuesdays, a free pasta dinner on Wednesdays, free drinks on Thursday before our free pub crawl, and free beer Friday through Monday! Our prices may seem high because we include the tax in our prices, unlike most hostels these days that add it when you check in. We're actually one of the lowest-priced hostels in the Northeast. You also get an additional $2 off with your ISIC card and there are other discounts that can be found if you look for them. I'm sorry if some guests decided to sleep in the same bed in the mixed dorm room. Everyone in the room obviously has their own bed, I guess sometimes they just want to be next to each other (this will wear off though after a couple of months of traveling together!) ~Marc

The guy at the desk was a bit grumpy at the start (more likely due to the early morning), but became rather chatty later on. The cleaner was very nice too. Located in the middle of the nightlife area of DC, great spot. Hard to find the hostel as there is a little sign. The place was cleaned daily, but the heat in the room was horrid (the AC was on, but didn't seem to have any effect - didn't appear to be any good).

Not too far away from downtown - and in a really beautiful area of Portland (with great shops, restaurants, and pubs). A very good experience.

This is a hotel. Not a hostel. Fantastic though. Great position. People at the front desk were a great help.

Crowns Etoile Hotel

Paris, France

This is a small hotel, just off the Arc D\'Triomphe. In a nice area, and I can\'t complain about the hotel at all.

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

An excellent hostel. The best that i have experienced so far (this includes hostels over the US, and Europe).

A good walk away from the reception. But they do keep your luggage for free after you check out.