Reviews: cat_devil6666874

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Love this hostel, it's not a party hostel. I stayed in the girls only dorm which was had a beautiful wooden floor, high ceilings, white linen, very nice for a hostel! Staff were wonderful, friendly, helpful, informative-everything you would want them to be. Great night's sleep, the air con was very nice in the August heat. Downside was the toilet did not flush very well and the bathroom floor was very wet. Wifi in room worked well too. Would highly reccommend.

The Place in Rome

Rome, Italy

I stayed in the single room, booked after a long haul flight. I got a great, quiet night's sleep, as well as during the day! Manager was very friendly with lots of tips for the local area. Wifi in room was good. Aircon worked well. The room was clean and shower nice and powerful. Great location for the train station.

Great value for money in the area, close to the beach and the walk to the train station isn't too far. Nice rustic settings. We had to cancel our week long booking after 2 nights and the owners were great and only charged us for our stay, which was very good of them. It gets hot here in July!!! I would stay here again if back in the area.

• 27th Jul 2013

Pentlands Backpackers Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Great friendly hostel, the bathrooms are excellent. Good place to meet other travellers. Not a party hostel

Oaklands Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Lovely hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Mt Eden is a really nice area with lots of bars and cafes. The hostel has a big kitchen and a decent amount of showers. Feels like a home away from home!

Fernloft East Coast

Singapore, Singapore

Less than $10 taxi ride from airport. Incredibly helpful staff, all you can eat bread, jam, tea, coffee 24/7. Loads of activities to choose from and a really friendly place. Much better than other Singapore hostels I've stayed in. The best nice sleep my friend and I have had in months-cool dorms with duvets makes for an excellent nights sleep!

Keystone House Kings Cross

Great location for Kings Cross, St Pancreas and Euston train stations. I stayed in the 24? bed dorm, which had a partitioning wall, so it was effectively a 12 bed dorm. It was clean, although the toilets seemed to be out of order a lot.

Highlander Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

A strange place! It seems like this place is used as a homeless hostel as well as a backpackers one! We were in a room with other travellers though, so it was fine. Location is good and it's above a Lush soap shop so smells amazing!! I would maybe not use this place if i were alone (female) but in a group it's fine.

Lucky Lake Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Best hostel ever! Comfy beds in the caravan, loads to do on site, good shower and toilets for a campsite. We had a brilliant day cycling round the local countryside on bikes, there's a really pretty town very close by for shopd and bars. The only negative is if you plan on spending all your time in the city centre, the journey in would get annoying if you did it everyday. 10/10

Astor Kensington

The goods: Great location, really near the tube, really clean and efficiently run hostel, good variety at breakfast and seems to be a lot going on there with organised trips etc... The bads: Only a few toilets/shower rooms and 10 bed mixed dorm was fairly noisy during night due to road noise but if you're a fairly ok sleeper then not a problem! Lift not working so sore legs if you're on the top floor!! Would stay again :)

Cardiff, Wales

The only thing we missed were mirrors in the room - there weren't too many bathrooms and we felt a bit guilty using them up to put on make-up etc... Nice, modern hostel-we recieved a warm welcome and lots of info. The bar and outside area was a nice touch too!

Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel

Kuta, Indonesia

I stayed in the cheapest room which did not have a sink!...i had to use the hotel toilets to brush my teeth! Its not the easiest place to meet other travellers if you are on your own. The staff are friendly and the safety deposit boxes are free and secure. It's a 5 min walk to the beach, most people who stayed here were surfers. The food is excellent and there's a good mix of Balinese/Western dishes. For the price you pay it is very good.

Hostel Cosmopolitan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Was impressed with the hairdryer and straighteners in the girls dorm. There's a milion and one DVDs, books and travel guides to choose from. Chow Kit is not the best place at night but the hostel is very close to the monorail which will take you anywhere you need to go. Very good overall.