Reviews: outofmind82

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 32

Casa Agua Canela

Quito, Ecuador

David was incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Excellent location if you want to be far enough away from the noise and craziness of Fosch, but close enough that you can walk there (and other locations like Parque El Ejido and The Artisan Market) in about 10-15 min. Most of the other tenants are there for long term stay, but they were friendly as well, and there are a few rooms available for short term guest like myself who stayed three days.

El Manzano

Puno, Peru

"Check in anytime" does not actually mean anytime so if you arrive on a night bus expect to wait several hours for your room. They did provide a "waiting room" where 2 of the 5 of us could sleep but it reeked of cigarettes so none of us used it. Also initially set aside a 3-bed and a 1-bed instead of the 3-bed and 2-bed we requested. TV/DVD did not work in common room either. To give them benefit of the doubt staff eventually fixed the room problem, were friendly and provided good advice.

Dear Guest, we apologize for what happened, but I think there was a confusion in the reserve and differentiate one double bedroom and one twin, sometimes the translation is not exact. The common room offers a TV and a DVD with premiere movies , if any tourist friend does not know how to use it, you should only seek help from the staff and will be attended to quickly and cordially. The arrival time previously always coordinates in the confirmation of the reservation, for added comfort. Regards

Murali Hostal Airport Guayaquil

Guayaquil, Ecuador

I would really only recommend if you have an overnight layover at the airport (like I did). The hostel is not very conveniently located to anything but the airport and even though the receptionist assured me the neighborhood was safe, I probably would not have really wanted to wander around much at night. Receptionist was friendly and told me where I could get food, not many other guests and not really much to do at the hostel.

Hostal Yakumama

Cuenca, Ecuador

Staff was super friendly and helpful, hostel fairly centrally located, beds were comfy with personal lockers. Great mix of laid back and "party" atmosphere. I'm not one to party every night, but the hostel did throw a Friday night party with a DJ from London and all guests were able to attend for free. Other nights were just general socialization with other guests in the bar and common room. My only complaint was that the 10 bed dorm is pretty drafty and also the roof leaks when it rains.

Duilio

Florence, Italy

I really only slept here and didn't get much of a chance to experience the hostel, but I was pleasantly surprised to be immediately greeted by fellow travelers who invited me to go out drinking with them, and a very friendly and helpful gentleman at the reception desk. The hostel was clean but a little bit small and a bit out of the way from the center of town but not far from bars and restaurants. Only major concern was that I wasn't given my own key to the room.

Hostel Des Artistes

Rome, Italy

Very nice hotel/hostel for the price, clean, secure, with nearby bars and restaurants. Fairly conveniently located only a 2-3 minute walk from Metro line B and about 5-7 minute walk to Roma Termini station. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I might not recommended if you're looking to meet people to hang out with as it's more of a hotel atmosphere than a hostel, but it's a great place if you want something comfortable for a good price.

Hostel Ospitalia del Mare

Cinque Terre, Italy

Clean, secure and staff was willing to stay after the check-in deadline when I called them and told them we missed one of our train connections (they did say they would've locked us out had we not called). First night we were there though, people were yelling outside the room until 2:30 with no response from the staff. It also seemed like few people staying here were interested in socializing with everybody in our room in bed by 11:00pm and no real social rooms, hence the yelling in the halls.

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

Convenient location near airport and train station, friendly staff, great place to socialize. Downsides are no free WiFi, limited computer stations, and hostel charges a 3 Euro "rental" fee for sheets that you don't get back when you check out. Also, probably a better place for social backpackers than of you want sleep, it's pretty loud fairly late.

Astor Hyde Park

Great hostel just down the street from Hyde Park, right by the Natural History Museum and relatively close to two tube stations. Astor Hyde Park has a great atmosphere where I met some cool people to hang out with all three days of my trip. Excellent facilities including two common rooms and a kitchen. Friendly and helpful staff. Only negative is that the "locker" baskets under the beds are somewhat small, and involve potentially waking up a fellow traveler to access.

Hostel Santini Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Facilities are great with access to a kitchen, common room, large lockers, and surprisingly spacious dorm rooms (the 9 bed dorm was actually two attached rooms with a 3 and 6 beds). While it didn't bother me at all, the location is closer to the castle on the opposite side of the river from the old town and the city center, but there is still plenty to do and only about a 10-15 min walk to everything. Most of the staff provided some great recommendations for things to do.

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

Great hostel! Super helpful and friendly staff, a fun bar and social rooms which are great to meet fellow travelers, personal lockers in every room , clean rooms and bathrooms. Fun and energetic atmosphere, but not too much of a "crazy party scene" for those that like to have fun but not go overboard. Located within 10 minutes of both the "modern" city and central train station, and some of the more historic sites. Only downside, be prepared to walk up at least 4 flights of stairs to the room

Dragon Hostel Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Positives: Friendly staff, very helpful answering any questions that I had. Mong Kok is definitely also an interesting/happening location if you want to experience Hong Kong outside of the touristy places. Downsides: the rooms are tiny, air con is on a timer you can't control, no real social areas so it's very difficult to meet other travelers, and as interesting as Mong Kok is it's not the cleanest or most secure place to be in Hong Kong. Probably best if you're only planning a short stay.

Easy to get to/from Wulingyan Park and bus station on the #2 Bus. Within about 10-15 min walk of riverfront shopping area and Baofang Lake, many nearby places to eat. Hostel is comfortable, staff is very friendly and will help you plan your exploration of the parks to get the most out of your visit. Only downsides: storage lockers in room are small, internet is only available in lobby, and common area in the lobby was not terribly lively, but I still managed to chat with a few other guests.

Lucky Family Hostel

Beijing, China

Lucky Family is located a bit away from major destinations like Tiananmen/Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, etc. which are all at least 4 metro stops or 20-30 min walk away. It is located in it's own cool neighborhood with shopping and restaurants with more of a local vibe and metro stop within minutes walk. Staff was friendly and helpful, helped me book train tickets and upgraded us for free when there was a booking mistake. Hostel has two social rooms, but no bar or "party" atmosphere.