Location: Japan, Gender: Female, Age: 26

The showers are good; Able to use plenty of hot water and having enough space, so you do not need to squeeze your body into a small cell. Equipped shampoo and body soap are better one than the other hostels. I stayed 8 beds dorm, each bed has curtain and a light for keeping your privacy.

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

Easy to find and able to use elevator from Asakusa subway station, if you come from Narita Airport. Locates very center of Asakusa, good to stroll around its neighboring temples, shops and restaurants. Although the location, the hostel is quiet, clean, safety and warm atmosphere with friendly staffs. On the day I arrived, the owners and staffs occupied the dining table for their business meeting a whole day, until 10 p.m. I wonder why they ruined their perfection. That is my only complain.

I had to stay with North American and European racists, although the hotel was excellent cost performance. I've never imagined to have Asian discrimination in an Asian country, and it was unpleasant experience.

SPACE riverhouse

Nikko, Japan

Nikkorisou

Nikko, Japan

I stayed at single private, it was perfect for me; clean, quiet, and cool by natural air. It is best location for sightseeing Nikko; 30 seconds from Toshogu shire and temples, good for morning walk in woods. Although they provide no breakfast, they prepared a bowl of cooked rice for JPY 100, equivalent to USD 1.00.