Reviews: elizabella

• USA, Female, 25-30
Generator Hostel London, London, England
7.1
20th Sep 2013

There was major construction going on, which was not made clear in any materials during booking. There were construction workers all over the hostel, and at one point the power (so lights, ability to shower, etc.) and internet went out for a full 12 hours. We were given a day's notice and that was it. I would not have booked to stay at this hostel if I had known the situation, and no money was taken off for time and use of facilities lost to the power outage.

Atillas Getaway, Selcuk, Turkey
9.3
30th Jun 2010

Great hostel - very easy to meet people and get sucked into the Atilla's Getaway way of life. I'm pretty sure everyone who comes here stays longer than they intended to, so be prepared for that. Great food, reasonably priced drinks... And don't let Atilla's love of innuendo freak you out, he's a great guy! I'd definitely recommend this place.

Bahaus Resort, Dalyan, Turkey
25th Jun 2010

Gorgeous hostel. The value for money here is ridiculous - from the gorgeous pool and jacuzzis to the amaaaaaaaazing food, to the helpfulness of Necat and Sharon, this place is everything it promised to be and more. I thought to myself that nothing could be as good as this place looked on the internet - I was wrong. If you're planning a trip along the Turkish coast, this place is worth going out of your way for.

Cheers Downtown, Istanbul, Turkey
7th Jun 2010

Ignore that last review - that guy has no idea what he's talking about. This hostel is excellent - the location can't be beat, one of the best neighborhoods in Istanbul. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, getting me discounts at my next hostel and helping me book flights. They have bent over backwards to make my stay here awesome. The hostel is also incredibly clean - even the cleaners are wonderful and friendly! I will definitely stay here again on my way back through Istanbul.

Caledonian Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
1st Jun 2010

I love Caledonian Backpackers - I've stayed here several times and I have to say that this time was an improvement even on the times I have stayed before. I'd definitely say stay in the smaller dorms, especially if you're travelling alone. The bar is great for meeting people, the kitchen is really spacious and the internet is SUPERFAST and free. Great location, good price, totally worth staying here. Highly recommended.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury, Canterbury, England
29th May 2010

This hostel was wonderful! Incredibly friendly staff, great location, really great value for money. I would definitely stay here again!

Astor Museum Inn, London, England
26th May 2010

Great as usual. The location absolutely can't be beat. No complaints!

27th Feb 2009

A great new hostel - do not be scared by there not being a lot of reviews! The location is ridiculously good, the people who run the hostel are backpackery types themselves, and they really want you to love Sao Paulo. The wireless internet is fast and free, and the hostel itself is comfy. Really, really, really green, but comfy. I\'d definitely go back.

Hostel Estoril, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2nd Feb 2009

Gorgeous hostel, the rooftop terrace was one of the best I\'ve ever seen. The other guests at the hostel were up for a good time as well - I think I went out every night. The hostel is also above the best empanada shop in Buenos Aires, as far as I can tell. All in all, I\'d definitely stay there again.

Ciudad Vieja Hostel, Montevideo, Uruguay
29th Jan 2009

It was a good hostel, and the staff were FANTASTIC. If you go, definitely do one of the hostel asado nights. So good. My only complaint is the mosquitos. I assume it\'s a citywide problem, but it\'d be great if the hostel could figure out a way to deal with it. But otherwise it\'s a great place to stay.

Bells Company Hostel - The Pubstel, Florianopolis, Brazil
16th Jan 2009

Fantastic hostel, Guecko is amazing, the people that come here are usually pretty cool, and the beaches nearby are gorgeous. The only downside is if you want to do any clubbing the hostel is a bit far away from things. But if you want to beach it and then drink at the hostel at night, it\'s perfection.

Brazil Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
17th Dec 2008

Probably the cleanest hostel in Rio. Also a great location - near but not in Lapa. The hostel arranged favela party is a must do. And the common room seems to encourage everyone to get to know each other - it was definitely one of the most social hostels I\'ve been to in South America. I would for sure stay here again.

9th Dec 2008

Very cute hostel in a great location. The hostel owner is fantastic and very helpful. No complaints!

Travellers House, Lisbon, Portugal
19th Oct 2008

This hostel is the most social, comfortable hostel ever. Comfy beds, free fast internet, hot breakfasts. The evening events are fun but laid-back. And of course, how could I not mention the staff, who are enthusiastic and helpful and fun - especially Joao and Daniel, who made us eggs when we came back drunk and hungry and the kebap stores had shut. Everyone goes the extra mile to make sure the guests at this place feel at home. It deserves all the high ratings it gets and more!

Living Cat's Hostel, Madrid, Spain
5th Oct 2008

Could have been a little cleaner, and the staff seemed sometimes a little bit surly. But honestly, it\'s worth putting up with. The hostel definitely seems to encourage socialization, and the bar definitely helps with that. Though there were a few people who didn\'t seem to have read the reviews saying THIS IS A PARTY HOSTEL. And it is - if that\'s not what you want, don\'t stay here. If it is, you can\'t find a better place.

Equity Point Centric, Barcelona, Spain
1st Oct 2008

Didn\'t seem like a hostel where everyone hung out together, but the location was perfect and the security was really really tight. Also: AN ELEVATOR. I was so very grateful for their elevator.

Central Backpackers, Oxford, England
21st Sep 2008

I only stayed there for one night, but I have no complaints. It seemed like a popular place, and everyone I met seemed really nice. No complaints.