Reviews: paranoidrewy7399

amazing location in central london. the staff were pretty friendly. felt pretty secure – the lockers underneath the beds were big enough to hold my carry on luggage, backpack, and stuff i bought in LDN. only complaint is that for some reason I paid over one sterling more when i checked in online, than the amount hostelworld stated was still owing. otherwise, this is my go-to location for London from now on!

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback, it's much appreciated. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay here, apart from the issue with the price. The £1 more may have been the deposit for your key card which you can get back if you return the card on departure. I can look in to this for you though. Glad you liked it and we look forward to seeing you again. Happy traveling, The St. Christopher's Inn team

PRO: st chris' are usually pretty well run, this was no exception. good shared facilities, sinks in rooms. in a neighbourhood farther from the touristy district so things are a bit cheaper and more locals. grocery store 1 min away. wifi worked in our 1st floor room despite being told no wifi in rooms. CON: our 1st room floor was LOUD cos it was above the bar. felt like the bar was in your room – no joke. the walls are THIN, all my roommates had trouble falling asleep.

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Overall I think this place is great --Pros: free towel! in a great neighbourhood by Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum, & Leidseplein. free TV in rooms and digital safe. nice bathroom. staff were all friendly – with 1 exception. Cons: hot water was sometimes all used up -- my first 4 showers were cold water. others said the same. the Asian gentlemen, everyone agreed was not so nice (he might be the owner). he seemed to be not as accommodating once he found out im booked in hostel, not the hotel part.

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Pros: free towel! in a great neighbourhood by Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum, & Leidseplein. free TV in rooms and digital safe. nice bathroom. staff were all friendly – with 1 exception. Cons: hot water was sometimes all used up -- my first 4 showers were cold water. others said the asme. the Asian gentlemen, everyone agreed was not so nice (he might be the owner). he seemed to be not as accommodating once he found out im booked in hostel, not the hotel part. Overall I think this place is great.

PRO: great location, 30min walk to notre dame. mcdonald's and grocery store within 1 min. staff were friendly & helpful. decent free breakfast! nice bathroom. located by nice Republique square. some decent bars/restaurants open late close by. nice balconies in rooms. CON: not much to be honest. although i only stayed 1 night in paris on this part of the trip (i came back at the end) Overall i like this place, met some cool people. the staff were great.

Living Mad Hostel

Madrid, Spain

located in the multicultural district. you get awesome lockers with crazy security lock! tres cool. close to two supermarkets. staff were not the most helpful. worst thing was that most male showers did not get hot water (hot, not warm). was not helpful to me and my friends who were sick! took a long time to find a HOT shower. too many rules, as well. would stay here again now that i know which shower gets hot.

the beautiful finnish girl at reception told me a great overview of the neighborhoods (as locals see it) and very lovely places to eat.

nice place, very new/clean. security was not the best, though, i never needed my card to walk into the hostel, which means i could get onto floors with rooms, even without a keycard. drug dealers hung outside. locals came to the bar on the groundfloor to pick up tourists. horrible email correspondence: took over a week of email exchanges until i received directions from the station i arrive at (and i'd gotten to the hostel by that time)

Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

i was really looking forward to this place because i'd heard such great things about sant jordi. i was disappointed! the bed was not made when i arrived. the bottom of the tub was black so everyone used the 2nd shower. there was a TV, but the remote was broken, as were the buttons on the TV set, so you couldn't change the channel or volume. there were no instructions for the washing machine, even though i asked reception.

Hostel Pastoral

Nice, France

the owners are very nice. the place is decent, if not a bit weird! the sink in the bathroom does not work (all rooms have their own sink), so everyone -- EVERYONE has to go all the way back to their room...touching every doorknob on the way...until we could wash our hands! hilarious. very easy to locate from train station. love the free wifi.

Residenza Maddalena

Venice, Italy

everywhere's a great location in venice as long as you're on the main island. no need to take the waterbus, just walk to the hostel. it's 10 mins, no need to waste the 6.5 euros (i did because it was close to midnight and i was by myself). clara is very nice and a great help! told us of a fabulous restaurant.

had a great time. the bar downstairs was a great source of fun people. drawbacks are: very poor lighting (my roommates and me could barely shave), only one bathroom per suite (there were 6 of us) and the walls are VERY thin. we could hear the group of girls next door talking for HOURS as if they were in our room.

Jetpak Jumpdesk

Berlin, Germany

they've done an amazing job with this place. their washrooms are nicer than mine at home! neil, sabrina, miriam, kurt, and the rest of the gang do a great job. one of my favourite places on my whole 3 month trip. hi from toronto!!!