Reviews: marama729075

Rainbow Lodge HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Very, very small - there are three levels of bunks! But really conveniently located, new and clean, and the staff are lovely.

Old Flat Hostel on 1st Sovetskaya

St Petersburg, Russia

This hostel seems to be set up for long term Russian guests. Many of the staff spoke no English at all and seemed genuinely pissed off that I was there. They had over booked this hostel so I was moved to their other, less conveniently located hostel which smelt of shoes and sweat, was over crowded and had some pretty disgusting toilets and showers and a very small kitchen. They also refused to register us. On the plus side, it's cheap and had a washing machine.

• 12th Sep 2013

BackPacker's Republic

St Petersburg, Russia

I didn't actually get to stay here in the end but the staff were incredibly helpful with sorting out my tourist voucher and then eventually cancelling my booking for me when my dates changed and my friends wanted to stay in a different hostel which turned out to be horrible. Don't stay in Old Flat House - try this one instead.

Seven Hostel

Sorrento, Italy

Not actually in Sorrento but not far outside, in a nice place. very easy directions from the train station in Sant'Agnello. Lots of clean showers and toilets and free breakfast. The bunk beds are really tall but solidly built so you can't feel the other person moving (always a plus!) and there are partitions, giving a tiny bit of privacy. I'd stay there again.

Ave Gratia Plena

Salerno, Italy

A really nice, relaxing hostel, very easy to find (although it would be nice if they still put the directions on the site!) Everyone was very friendly and helpful and it was generally pretty clean.

A fun place to hang out and meet people, nice garden and bar, breakfast is standard but included which is cool. The location isn't bad as it's really close to a metro station and easy to find. The receptionists were super helpful and well informed. My only complaint really is that the shared toilets weren't that clean and the toilet paper always ran out by 8am and it wasn't refilled until late morning. But it's cheap!

Ostello Tramonti

Cinque Terre, Italy

Considering the price it's not a bad place but the room was cold and the showers didn't give much privacy. You get what you pay for.

• 11th May 2013

maybe is cold in your country, not here.. You have a shower where you can stay alone if you want.

Hotel Villa Belvedere

Siena, Italy

The biggest problem was really the staff, who were quite unfriendly. All the comments in the visitors book mentioned a lovely, super helpful receptionist so maybe we were just unlucky to get the one who was annoyed at us for speaking English to each other (even though my friend spoke Italian to her) and really didn't want to give us extra blankets although the room was very cold. The bathroom was tiny. Also, worst spritz in Italy at the bar. Stick to beer!

• 30th Mar 2013

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

I had a very short stay during an overnight stop over but the staff were really friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English, the beds were fine with plenty of room to sit up and move around and if you follow the instructions it's incredibly easy to find. For Tokyo on this budget I would whole heartedly recommended it.

Hostella Female Only

Rome, Italy

Very convenient from the station, slightly less convenient if you're going sightseeing, but generally very friendly and clean. Really nice communal space between the rooms.

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Overall it's a nice place, very clean, secure and the staff are really friendly and helpful but the dorms are in another building down the street from everything else, and the bunkbeds are really creaky and wobbly. If you're a light sleeper I wouldn't recommend it but otherwise it's a lovely place, not a bad location and a pretty good deal for Copenhagen.