Reviews: nickjlp

Location: Belgium, Gender: Male, Age: 23

The King's Arms Hostel

Brighton, England

The hostel was perfect for our little escape from London. The pub had a fun, laid back vibe to it and made for an ideal place to watch whatever World Cup match we watched. Staff were helpful and friendly. As with most places in Brighton, location was ideal: not even 5mins to the beach.

Amsterdam Hostel Janson

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Ratings might seem a bit low but actually Janson was exactly what I needed for a one-night layover in Amsterdam. The hostel is exactly 30mins away from Schiphol Airport and a 15min walk to the Leidseplein, cite centre. Staff were helpful and friendly, the bed- and bathrooms were clean (though some AC might be nice to cool sweaty summer nights) and everyone I might seemed cheerful. Not sure I would recommend Janson to die-hard party animals but fine for a quiet city-trip.

Retox Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Found Retox a strange little place. It had a very good vibe and the friendly, helpful staff know how to organise a good time. It certainly lived up to its party hostel reputation. Would recommended the hostel for a few nights of partying but certainly not for a relaxing, cultural weekend away. The bar is good and cheap while a hot shower is a luxury. Stay longer than a few nights and you might even join the clique of semi-permanent residents.

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Good place to spend NYE. Went with a number of party friends looking for an unforgettable and we found what we were promised. The bar was smoky but as cheap as anywhere else we might have looked; the staff was helpful and motivated to provide good entertainment and the location was perfect. The room was much larger and more homely than advertised on the website and the NYE programme was on the expensive but ultimately a great night. Many thanks!

So I guess I'm slightly biased for preferring pubs to clubs but the location near the Temple Bar area was ideal for us tourists at NYE. Friendly and helpful staff, good vibes in the communal areas and very affordable. The one problems would be the queues for the one bathroom in 8/10-people dorms and the slightly dubious lockers below the bed. Other than that - thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Should pop by again soon!

I have lived with you guys on and off for three months now. Will be heartbroken when we decide to see other people... nah, but really enjoy my stay here. Very practical, very clean, great staff.

Hi Nick, thanks for your really nice comment and we'll see you soon again. ;D

Meininger is a great spot for a couple of days if you're only in Hamburg for a few days. It's located about twenty minutes from the legendary Reeperbahn, the staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are exceptionally clean. However, I found the week-end prices a bit too high for a budget visit and did not like the absence of lockers in 8- and 10-person dorm rooms. But overall, a very pleasant stay.

Hello Nick, sure the prices change when we have big events here in Hamburg, that's in every hotel the same thing,maybe next time when you visit us the hotelprices will be more cheap. :)

Smart Camden Hostel

Great to be a Camden but it was odd to stay in London as a visitor after having lived there for a few years. SmartCamden delivers what it promises - no more, no less: a bed, facilities, breakfast and a safe locker. Very affordable for London. Not bad all in all.

Saigon Backpackers Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Wish we'd stayed more than a single night. The location was good - nice to be close to Pham Ngu Lao. Showers and rooms were impeccably clean. Staff were friendly ad helpful; there were still very few guests when we were there but what could we expect from a recently opened hostel? Excellent for solo travellers in search of affordable dorm rooms.

The Travel Hub

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great experience! Best staff in Asia so far. Loved the family feel and the location in particular. See you guys again soon!

Lazy House

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Yep - absolutely top notch. 100% all the way. Clean, not too far away from the beach but far enough not to be kept up by the hussle and bussle of Haad Rin. Staff were helpful and contributed to the party. Can't think of a better bunch of people I'd have rather shared the room with. Best place to stay during Full Moon!

thanks for the great review , we are chuffed that you had a great stay ,see you next time lazy jon.

Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

Not a bad find at all. The room's get a little sandy but the pool bar is a great way to spend the early or late afternoon pre-lash. Prime location right by the busy centre of Sairee. Koh Tao might be a bit more of a bungalow island though.

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

What a gem this was! Can't think of a better hostel I've stayed in in Thailand so far and can't say I enjoyed Bangkok as much. Clean, air-conditioned, quiet and only a very quick stroll away from the thrills of Khao San Rd. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Vibes were friendly all around. Ended up staying a couple of nights more than I wanted to initially. Great stuff!

Thank you for extending the nights with us.It's pleased to know you enjoyed our friendly and cosy atmosphere.Hope to take care of you again.