Reviews: megaira

Location: Poland, Gender: Female, Age: 34

Stationmasters Hostel

Kyle of Lochalsh, Scotland

One of the best hostels I stayed in. Excellent kitchen facilities, great room, wonderful location with a magnificent view. Dining room and common room with a fireplace make one feel at home.

• 4th Sep 2014

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

No kitchen available for quests (or maybe it's hidden really well), distracted staff making mistakes during check-in (solved, but it made a bad first impression). Apart from that - great place, conveniently located, quiet at night, no queues to common toilets/showers.

• 1st Sep 2014

Pentlands Backpackers Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Great place to start or end your travel in NZ. Cosy, friendly place, with staff ready to give you advice or just chat to. Clean, well equipped kitchen, and spacious showers (no more squeezing with your toiletries and clothes into tiny stall). I regret that I stayed there only 3 days.

• 20th Nov 2013

Tidewater Tourist Park YHA

Coromandel, New Zealand

Very nicely located, friendly atmosphere and great common areas. Clean and spacious dorms.

• 19th Nov 2013

Crash Palace

Rotorua, New Zealand

Hostelworld didn't send my booking to the hostel, so when I arrived there was no room for me, but Chris at the reception worked his magic and somehow I had the room I booked. Backyard terrace a great place to sit and chill out. Enjoyed my stay there very much. Thanks!

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Poland

Yes this was very strange i was happy to be able to help in this situation mate and thank you for your understanding on arrival. we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review also :) safe travels hope you have a safe and happy new year :)

Base Wellington

Wellington, New Zealand

Bedbugs! When reported to reception I heard 'I wonder who's bringing them here'. Not an apology. The guy didn't make a note or anything, so I suppose they won't do anything! Bathrooms are not cleaned for days! They have cleaning reports in bathrooms and on 18th the last entry was from 14th - and mind you this is a busy place. Kitchen is dirty and smelly. Lots of facilities eg. cookers are out of order. Folks working there always have this attitude as if you're disturbing them. Noisy place.

• 16th Nov 2013

Fish Tank Lodge

Kaikoura, New Zealand

Free unlimited wifi! Probably the one and only in whole New Zealand. ;) Terrace with magnificent view. Super friendly owner. Spotlessly clean. One of the best places I've ever stayed at. :)

• 15th Nov 2013

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

Wonderfully decorated, spacious dorms, a bit far from shops, centre etc. Neighbourhood a bit creepy, especially after dark, but it might be due to quake.

• 14th Nov 2013

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

Rooms aren't locked at all. Only main door has a code. No ventilation in kitchen and showers so the place is a bit damp and smelly. We couldn't open window in dorm (and the owner was already gone so no help here) so the room was smellyas well. A bit of mold in showers, but they're clean. Kitchen not so clean - put my food on shelf and learned it was sticky and covered in old dust. Owner very helpful though. Location couldn't be more central.

• 13th Nov 2013

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

Really clean, spacious and with friendly atmosphere. Perez at the reception was huge help booking tours and cruises and providing lots of insider information. Friendly fellow travellers made for a family atmosphere. Lots of nice details like enough of hooks to hang things in dorms, extra bath rugs in showers and fully equipped spacious kitchen.

• 10th Nov 2013

Nomads Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Kitchen should be cleaned more often. Apart from that very good place, centrally located (downside is that you hear all the nightlife of Queenstown below your window).

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Poland

Hello, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and wish you all the best for your future travels. I have spoken with the staff to ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen is kept on top of on a daily basis. Look forward to having you back again one day :) Kind regards Management @ Nomads Queenstown

YHA Wanaka Purple Cow

Wanaka, New Zealand

Fantastic place, great view from common room on the lake, Sean at the reception super nice and cheerful, nice people to chat to, peaceful and quiet, cleanest kitchen I saw in whole NZ so far. Made to my top list of best hostels ever. :)

• 8th Nov 2013

YHA Franz Josef

Franz Josef, New Zealand

Well equipped kitchen, spacious common room, sunny terrace.

• 7th Nov 2013

Laughing Kiwi Backpackers

Motueka, New Zealand

Small, cosy, friendly place. Big rooms, huge bunk beds, very comfy.

• 6th Nov 2013

Downtown Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Huge hostel with interesting interior design. Great kitchen facilities and cafe with good food choice. Not good for socializing with other travellers (mainly due to its size).

• 5th Nov 2013

Ariki Backpackers

New Plymouth, New Zealand

Great place - clean and well equipped. Owner very helpful and friendly, gave us a lot of advice for further trip. Met amazing people there as common areas help you connect with others. Mind though that the place is quite old, so even being clean it looks a bit run down, which gives it a unique character - some might nevertheless see it as disadvantage.

• 4th Nov 2013

YMCA Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Great staff, very helpful. I arrived a couple of hours before check in but got a room anyway as the lady at the reception desk asked housekeeping to clean my room first. Good location, yet quiet at night. Super clean.

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Poland

Dear Guest. Thank you very much for your great feedback. We're glad that you had such a fantastic stay at the YMCA. We have an excellent group of staff, always working hard and greeting guests with a warm smile and positive attitude. We make sure to do our best for any guest arriving early to check them in as soon as possible by getting the housekeeper to clean first or moving reservattions to free up a room. Once again Thank you very much. Kind Regards Eung Yeon Jon Front Office Manager

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

On the visual side common room and cafeteria are a big plus of Kex. But on upper floors showers are not so clean. Also - consider putting more staff at the reception desk. Every time I needed something from them I had to wait 10-15 minutes (even though I was first in line).

• 22nd Mar 2013

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

Keep on delivering such good service

• 16th Nov 2012

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Good value for money, excellent staff and basement kitchen/living room make it an excellent facility for travelers. Only one thing was a drawback - the smell from the shoes corner - put some curtain, or sth! :)

• 14th Sep 2012
  • Poland

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your rating and feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry about the smell of shoes. We have been trying to sort it out by using air-freshers, air-cleaning devices etc. We will try other ways as well to improve the problem. We are looking forward to seeing you some day in the near future. Thank you very much again.

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

One of the best hostels I've been to. Excellent and helpful staff, they even helped me when I got bit by some bug.

• 10th Sep 2012
  • Poland

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Location is excellent as well as their facilities.

• 10th Aug 2012

Pop Inn Hostel

Rome, Italy

When I made booking I chose a bed in 2 bed female dorm. But when I arrived I was given a place in 3 bed dorm and explanation that no other room is available and the price would be the same for both 2 and 3 bed dorm. It seems that both the room types available and prices were changed since I made my booking. So I paid old price, but been given place in a new room, without any notice. This seems not fair and I have the impression I've been cheated and overpaid.

• 17th Feb 2012

Kabul Backpackers Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Location is excellent but place is really noisy (but this is written in hostel description, so no surprise just a remark so that you take them seriously). Excellent breakfast and kitchen staff very funny and willing to talk.

• 24th Nov 2011

City Lodge Stockholm

Stockholm, Sweden

• 23rd Jun 2011

Pickwick Hall

The place for sure needs renovation, but it's clean and all the facilities are in place. Very home-like atmosphere and internet access a plus. Also well equipped kitchen and living room with books, guides, maps. Excellent location.