Reviews: brownk14

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 28

CroParadise Green Hostel

Split, Croatia

This place was great. I was traveling with two sisters and we ended up in our own studio apartment, which was about a 7 minute walk away from the reception in a totally different building. That was perfect for us because we wanted to do our own thing.

• 28th Jun 2014

Chillout Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Great hostel! Clean rooms, hot water and great water pressure for showers. Wifi in rooms is always a plus. I was with my little sister who had never been in a hostel before and I told her she is now spoiled, because most aren't this nice! I would absolutely stay here again.

• 25th Jun 2014

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

You have to take a bus to get to the hotel zone, but it's across the street from a park and a bunch of food stalls. The staff was nice, but at times incredibly wasted. The included meals were fantastic, as were the free tequila shots.

• 8th Jul 2013

Our apologies for the staff being wasted only at times. Our party crew is required to be wasted 24/7. This will be addressed at our next meeting.

Hostel Alex30

Stuttgart, Germany

This hostel is okay. It's relatively clean, which is ultimately the most important thing for me. They charge extra for everything, even wifi and watching television. But there aren't that many hostels in Stuttgart, so maybe it's the best available.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

This place is great. The beds are pretty comfy, and the staff was always helpful.

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

This was a great hostel. However, as they advertise, they are in the red light district. That being said, my room faced a courtyard and wasn't ever very loud at night. And I'm a single female and never felt threatened or in danger while walking around the area. Regardless of how you feel about the red light district, this hostel is just two blocks from the main train station, which I think makes it worth it.

Mamallena Backpackers

Panama City, Panama

The staff here was super helpful. AC is only on at nights, but our room (#3) stayed relatively cool during the summer days... I would stay here again.

London Backpackers

This is SUPER close to a metro stop, but the stop itself is out in the middle of the burbs... so one could spend a lot of money traveling from central london to here every day.

This place was in a good neighborhood, pretty close to the train station. however, it's not a youth hostel... there were older couples and families and even a large group of 12 year olds... but if you don't mind that it's good.

Astor Kensington

Kind of a rundown building, but close to the metro and in the middle of London. I would stay here again.

Alegria's Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Alegria was nice, but be prepared to speak Spanish... I didn't encounter any staff that spoke English, which was fine for me. However, the rooms all surround the main area, and the walls are very thin, so it's easy to be awaken by someone talking in the main room.

St Christopher's Village

FANTASTIC

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

This place was great. The only thing I didn't like was the location in Phuket Town, but that was my own ignorance. Anyone wanting to spend a lot of time at the beach and at bars - don't stay in Phuket Town. However, if you want something quiet and don't mind traveling to get to the beach, then THIS is the hostel you should stay at.

Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This place was great. No complaints. Can't wait to stay here again.