Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Overall this was a nice hostel. I stayed in a 6-bed suite which had an ensuite bathroom, as well as a small kitchenette. The rooms were clean, and the beds were decent. The bedding all seemed clean. The free breakfast was fine for the cost. Two hard boiled eggs and a couple rolls. Nothing fancy, but many free hostel breakfasts don't even have eggs, so this is a decent breakfast to get your day started. If you want more, you can purchase other stuff for cheap (fruit, yogurt, etc.).

Katerina And John Hotel

Santorini, Greece

Overall the hotel was great. I was there at the end of the season when not a lot of people were around, so the atmosphere is probably better during peak season. The value for money was excellent. John picked me up from the airport when I arrived, and dropped me off at the ferry dock when I left. There is an attached motorcycle/quad rental shop run by John's son, and a supermarket and 24hr bakery about 50m down the street. I would definitely stay here again.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

One of my favorite hostels ever. The staff was really helpful and friendly. The dorm room had the most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hostel, and privacy curtains around each bed. Three bathroom/showers for a 14 bed room is much more than most places. The rooftop bar is great, it has an excellent view. The bartender Wes is awesome! Each morning there is a free breakfast (eggs, bread, cheese tomato/cucumber, olives) and of course free coffee. Good atmosphere in the evenings.