Reviews: saramcdonald

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 37

Clink78

This place is fine providing you dont want to sleep. Its a party hostel. A loud announcement throughout the hotel about bar events and prices puts an end to an early night and the never end drunk people put an end to sleeping later on. I did not get the room type I booked.

Reception is so slow. Staff slow and lack customer service skills. Girls dorms are on 4th floor and there are lots of steps. No locker in room available as all in use. Advised reception who did nothing. A code is needed for door of girls dorm...not supplied at check-in. Showers small and cramped. Room is very small for 8. Breakfast is awesome. Only social area is bar area if thats your thing. Lockers are i basement which is far from 4th floor .payable.

Hi, Thanks for your review. We are sorry you felt our staff lacked customer service skills, this is something we pride ourselves in. We are awaiting a lock replacement for room 403 so unfortunately are using a code lock system at present, this should have been advised on check in. Enjoy the rest of your travels

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Newly renovated rooms are comfy and spotless. They could do with some hooks, curtains and lockers to secure valuables and then they would be perfect. The single room was very bright as the corridor light shines straight in and there is no curtain. There is only one toilet at the top of the building which is in with one of the two showers which meant you quite often had to wait. The building was cold but the rooms were ok in the eves. Breakfast at 4 euros is worth it. Staff pleasant.

There was too many long term residents here for my liking. The room I was in looked like a bomb had exploded and the long term residents had stuff everywhere. There was always a random bloke sleeping in the common area. My room was off the common area and was very noisy. Plus side.......free breakfast, nice lounge which is quiet in the day and I like the Wimbledon location.

108 Minutes Hostel

Moscow, Russia

A lovely little hostel right next to a metro station. The place is spotlessly clean, free wifi, satellite tv with english channels, internet terminal, playstation and dvds, fully equipped brand new kitchen with free tea and coffee and a big fridge for all your stuff. 1 toilet, 2 showers and 2 separate cubicles with wash basins. I never had to queue for anything and I think most of the rooms were full. The reception is across the hall so it does feel like there are no staff. Very quiet.

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

A big- private room for 2 but actually had big comfy double bed and one single. The shared showers and toilets-------all spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The heaters were adjustable and provided adequate warmth for the cold evenings. There was a little kitchen on my floor, free laundry, free internet in the common room along with tv. This place would have been perfect apart from two things.wifi didn't work and a large group gathered outside reception at 12am until 12.40am very noisy!

The toilets and shower on the first floor were filthy. No signage to chillout room or additional showers or even night entrance and no information on check in. NOISY!! This is the noisiest place I have stayed and didnt sleep for 3 nights.....from the bar, smoking area and other guests. Back to London Bridge for me next time.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Sorry if you where not informed on check-in, however we have BRAND NEW showers on the second floor,( first floor are getting done soon) There is a 24 hr entrance at front of building we also have a night porter. Our building is NO SMOKING and the bar shuts at 11pm midweek 12pm weekends so noise normally isn't a problem. enjoy your onwards travels

Palmers Lodge has a lot of really positive things......the location, the building, its cosy and quirky and pretty chilled out. The staff that checked me in were excellent and continued to be during my 3 night stay. However, there were a few negative things. The internet was down (although they were quick to tell you this and apologise!), the showers are small, dirty and have a pool of water on the floor making it impossible to get changed, I had a staff member in the bed next to me who was very loud when

I'm glad your experience at Palmers was a positive one. We deeply apologise for the internet being down during your stay. This is something that rarely happens and we do all we can to avoid because we know what an inconvenience it is for travellers. As for the bathrooms, we understand that they are somewhat cramped so we are currently undergoing a refurbishment to make them bigger and better. Hopefully next time you come to Palmers the bathrooms will make your stay even better! Palmers Lodge Team.

St Christopher's Camden

Room 9...no lock on the bathroom door is a pain as are no hooks or shelves of any type.

St Christopher's Village

I was woken twice, once at 00.30 and once at 02.40 by staff showing others into the room. The first time wasn't so bad but the 2nd time the guy turned the lights and shouted,' sorry for waking you all up' and then continued full blast. Absolutely no need whatsoever. The showers were particularly unclean on the 3rd floor.