Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 31

Discovery Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
25th Jul 2014

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. 45 seconds from the metro and easy walking distance to Lapa (where the best parties are). The beds are comfortable, breakfasts were great and the staff were excellent. Be sure to try the Caipirinahs there, if you're lucky you may get a lesson on how to make them like I did.

You are too kind! But really, what makes Discovery Hostel so charismatic are guests like you! Meeting fellow travelers who bring stories, energy and laughter is why we started this hostel in the first place! Hope to see you again soon! Cheers ;)

Hostel Manga Rosa, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
24th Jul 2014

The only downside to this hostel is the location. It's a little outside of the city, so you need to take a bus into town and then another bus to the falls. But there's a supermarket nearby and the staff are very helpful. I arrived in the evening in the pouring rain and they picked me up at the bus stop and made me dinner. I do recommend getting better directions to the hostel than what is written on Hostel World, as I got lost...

Marcopolo Inn Iguazu, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
22nd Jul 2014

Rock Hostel Km0, Buenos Aires, Argentina
15th Jul 2014

Rock Hostel was a great place to stay as a base in BA. The women's showers downstairs are nicer than the ones upstairs, so I recommend using them instead.

Be Dream Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
9.0
27th Jul 2009

Great hostel. Although it\'s a bit outside the centre, the metro serves it well. The beach nearby is far less crowded than the Barcelona beach, and less touristy so no one is trying to sell you things on the beach, except for beer. The staff are helpful and the atmosphere is wonderful. We arrived early in the morning after taking a night bus and they let us drop our luggage and nap in the hammocks until we could check in. One of the best hostel experiences I\'ve had!

Torquay Hostel, London, England
5.7
27th May 2009

There was nothing wrong with this hostel, but it doesn't stand out as anything special. No real social places to gather, but the rooms were an alright size and we had our own bathroom and fridge which is always a bonus! Close to a tube stop, but a decent trek from the centre of London.

Balmers Hostel, Interlaken, Switzerland
11th Apr 2009

Balmers was great... but a little further out than other hostels. Sadly, the internet wasn't free (which I had thought it was). All in all it was a nice place to stay.

Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
20th Feb 2009

This was the best hostel I've stayed at. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Plus, the breakfast was incredible!! As was the free dinner.