Reviews: pieter6762

Red Door Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

I was one of the few visitors at that moment, but I think that it's a nice hostel. My single bedroom was lockable of course so that was secure enough. I can't tell anything about the security in the dorms (lockers?) Kitchen was good, although that little begging dog was a nuisance.... WiFi signal was feeble. Very friendly and helpful staff. The hostel is not in the city centre but everything is on walkable distance. Conclusion: nice hostel, no more no less

• 17th Apr 2013

Viva Hostel Minsk

Minsk, Belarus

The location of the hostel is not in the city centre but not far from the railway station. I've found only two showers and the kitchen hardly deserves that name. But everything is clean and let's be honest: the beds are really fantastic. And staff is very friendly and helpful. Conclusion: not a brilliant hostel but definitely not bad.

• 15th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for pleasant words! We try to do our best to satisfy needs of our guests. Our mini-kitchen is not spacious but has microwave, fridge, kettle and crockery essential for preparing food. There are also a couple of supermarkets and cafes around the hostel.

Riga Hostel

Riga, Latvia

I had a single room which was right above McDonald's. The result was the constant smell of french fries.... Although the hostel is very near no city centre, bus and railway station I give it an 'average, for location, because of the smell. The health breakfast on Sunday, prepared by the staff, was really great. Further no comments.

• 12th Apr 2013

Viru Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

I had a single room, so security was no problem at all. But I did not see any lockers. When I arrived it was quite dusty but staff cleaned it that afternoon. Fort all other things:a very good hostel.

• 9th Apr 2013

Hostel Erottajanpuisto

Helsinki, Finland

Nice, clean, friendly hostel in the heart of Helsinki. No complaints, no suggestions. Everything turned out to be very fine.

• 7th Apr 2013

Hostel Turku

Turku, Finland

Absolute top of the bill. Lockers for everyone and a wonderful kitchen were at least three parties can cook simultaneously. Superb!

• 6th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Welcome again!

Crafoord Place

Stockholm, Sweden

Lockers for everyone! For the rest: almost perfect.

• 3rd Apr 2013

Centro Europa Uno

Bologna, Italy

Yes, the hostel is not in the centre of Bologna, but with a little bit of planning it is pretty easy to get into town and to come back. When I was there it was very quiet: I had a six bed bungalow for me alone. The breakfast was straigthforward but good enough, the staff very friendly and helpful. My suggestions for improvement: lockers! And in the kitchen: cups and glasses. All together: I really enjoyed my three day stay here! Thank you Fabiola and others!

• 21st Mar 2013

Reykjavik Downtown Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

minor detail: waiting for the bus at 5 o'clock in the morning is no fun. Why couldn't I buy a cup of coffee in the lounge? Staff was present....

• 14th Feb 2013

Akureyri Backpackers

Akureyri, Iceland

It was all pretty near to perfection

• 6th Feb 2013

Reykjavik Downtown Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Very friendly and helpful staff. Almost perfect location. When I'm back in Reykjavik I will definitely go there again.

• 3rd Feb 2013

Old City Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

This is the type of hostel I really like: not too large, brand new beds, clean, right in the middle of the city, no traffic in the street, only pedestrians, good breakfast, English speaking, very friendly staff, real lockable lockers, good shower. It was the perfect end of a three month trip through Russia and Central Asia.

• 3rd Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

The fact that the court behind the main court was always open and could be entered bij anyone through the alley made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Futhermore there was always that smell of sewer.....

• 7th Oct 2012

Bugrov Hostel

Nizhny Novgorod, Russia

• 14th Sep 2012

Godzillas Suzdal

Suzdal, Russia

Nothing to add. It was just almost perfect.

• 12th Sep 2012

Galina's Flat

Moscow, Russia

Yes,it is old but it certainly has atmosphere and the location is very good. And it' s clean. Galina is a special lady but very helpful. No, it is not a brand new 5 room, 6 beds each, hostel with a lot of new friends to make. My advice for the traveller: use it for sleeping and breakfast only.

• 10th Sep 2012

Marken Gjestehus

Bergen, Norway

My plans were to drop in after closing time. et I managed to be in time and I found everything well arranged. Staff was helpful and flexible. About character, security and location: very good to excellent. Rooms were clean, beds, bed linen, towels very appropriate. The kitchen, however, when I was having breakfast, was more or less a mess. Last night's food on the tables etcereta. Reason: the garbage bin was more than full. Solution: more garbage bins! Dishes, cups and cutlery were on a huge pile. A bit

• 22nd Oct 2011

Penthouse Hostel

Yerevan, Armenia

Only a little bit out of the center but nevertheless: besides the holocaust memorial I did everything walking. The view on Ararat from the balcony is amazing and so are the owners. They even organized a taxi to bring me my camera to the busstation where I was. Thank you, Arthur! And the rest (breakfast, rooms, friendliness etc): just perfect

• 8th Jun 2011

SkadaVeli

Tbilisi, Georgia

It's not a hostel in the strict way of the word, what means that there are no dormitories only private rooms. And I loved it. It's in the middle of the town, yet it so silent! And Irakli is one of the most helpful persons I ever met in my life.Thank you, Irakli!I loved every minute we were talking on the balcony. One suggestion: make a (little) sign above the door. Then everyone can find it, even in the middle of the night... :-)

• 28th May 2011

The Georgehouse Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

This hostel offers real value for money. Everything looks brand new, impeccable clean, freshly painted, well maintained. I only met the manager (friendly guy) once, had a 4-bed room dorm for myself (the reason for 'average' for ' fun' , alas!). The hostel is not in the centre of the town, but just an 15 minutes walk from Rynok Square. Recommended!

• 23rd Mar 2011

Kiev Central Station

Kiev, Ukraine

Manager Aricio is a perfect guy! Although the hostel was in the middle of a restrucuring process he made plenty of time for everyone. Despite the rebuilding you could see it was clean, the matrasses were new etc. Thanks you, Aricio!

• 19th Mar 2011

Hostel Sabrina

St Petersburg, Russia

I made a reservation for a single-bed room,but I received a 6-bed dorm which I need not to share.No problem.Beds/matrasses are very sturdy.Staff is helpful but not very friendly.Typically Russian? Rooms, kitchen, shower were all very clean.Hostel is in a 15 minute walk from metro station,not in the very centre of town, but good enough.If you're looking for a clean place to sleep and nothing more: take this hostel. If you want more in terms of e.g. fun and comfort: keep on searching.

Dublin International (YHA)

Dublin, Ireland

I'll be back!

Dear Pieter, Many thanks for your comments, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again on any future trips to Dublin. Regards, Robert Manager Dublin International Youth Hostel

This hostel has seen better times. Heating in the dorms was off. It took several minutes before hot water was coming out of the shower.And most serious: the distance to the centre of Annascaul is too far for a tired hiker who just finished 25 km on the Dingle Way. Staff member Brian was friendly and helpful, but... no, next time I'm going to find another place.

Castle Hostel

Tralee, Ireland

If you are looking for budget accomodation in Tralee, don't look any further. This is the place! Very friendly staff, very clean, right in the centre of Tralee. And... it's including breakfast!