Reviews: paulabridi

Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Melville International Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

Located in a nice area of Jo´burg, with spacious rooms and good beds, Melville International Backpackers is a OK place. Not the best hostel I´ve stayed in, not as fun as I wished it to be, but a good and clean place anyway. The most anoying thing about this hostel is their wi-fi, available only from 8am to 10pm - when it works at all.

• 13th Apr 2013

I had an amazing time in Jungle Monkey! Their best feature is their great bar - where they offer booze and yummy meals at good prices - with live music and a pool table. My dorm bed wasn´t as confy as I whised, nor the hostel that clean, but the amount of fun I had there compensated every not-so-cool aspect of the hostel. Would definitely reccomend it (unless you´re extremely picky).

• 9th Apr 2013

Island Vibe Port Elizabeth

Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Port Elizabeth was only a night-stop for me (like for so many other Baz Bus travellers), so I can´t tell much about Islandvibe, but the hostel seemed quite alright to me. My bed wasn´t the most confortable thing on Earth, but it was good enough for sleeping for one night.

• 8th Apr 2013

Nothando Backpackers

Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

A nice place for chilling out and relaxing. Cozy dorms, good kitchen and a great outdoor area and bar. The staff is helpful and friendly. Most of people I met there were couples travelling the Garden Route - so if you´re a party animal, Nothando might not be the place for you. Anyways, I would definitely reccomend this place.

• 5th Apr 2013

Atlantic Point Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

I had the most amazing time at Atlantic Point! It´s one of the best hostels I stayed in! Confy beds, good showers, well-located, great atmosphere and a very friendly and helpful staff - especially Lucia, the Portuguese girl. The owners are very kind too and they make a delicious braai. I met tons of awesome people there and had lots of fun. Would definitely reccomend this hostel.

• 31st Mar 2013

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Three things you should know about this lovely hostel: 1) Giovanni loves what he does: he works hard to keep the hostel running (and he succeeds); 2) Giovanni loves Naples and offers lots of advice on the city to his guests; 3) Giovanni loves to cook, what's great for the guests who get to taste his yummy dishes.

• 3rd Nov 2010

2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

A good hostel: not bad but also not great. Their common room is cool though it closes quite early, and the shower wasn't boiling hot as we wish it were (it was -5oC outside) yet the water was reasonably warm. What really annoyed us was having to wait for more than 1h outside in the cold because the reception is closed from 1pm to 4pm.

• 8th Jan 2009

The Town House

Mykonos, Greece

The Town House is located in one of those lovely traditional Mykonian houses, with white walls and blue doors, 3 minutes walk from the town's main square and the old port. The hostel is incredibly clean, and the enviroment is intimate and familiar. The staff is really friendly and helpful - me and my friends spent a couple of hours chating on the balcony (with an amazing view to the sea) with the italian girl who works there.