Reviews: susanrush1647

The Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

nice hostel. staff good and beds very comfortable good value for money.

• 10th Nov 2013

• 27th May 2013

New Mansion House

I felt this place was good value for money paid. Staff very pleasant and 2meals a day. Close to transport but in a nice quiet street. I will return again.

• 17th May 2013

• 6th May 2013

Hostel 639

Overall this hostelwas very good value for money. Would be nice to have a good kitchen but all other facilities made up for it. Breakfast was great and showers good. Beds very comfortable.

• 26th Apr 2013

• 23rd Apr 2013

Hyde Park Hostel

Overall I find this hostel good value for money.

• 19th Apr 2013

Amsterdam Hostel Janson

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I was very impressedwith this hostel. The friendly staff were fantastic and helped me with my bags up the stairs. Great coffee always on. Quite small areas but wellorganised. Beds very comfortable and showers great. I will return again so thanks guys for a great first experience.All the best.

• 3rd Apr 2013

Hyde Park Hostel

Good location, showers great also breakfast included added bonus. Very basic rooms beds comfortable.

• 27th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

I had a great stay as always. Ocean views of Brighton Pier. Fantastic and staff were very helpful. Great breakfast and fantastic showers.I will be going back again.

• 26th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi there! Thanks for the review. That's great, so glad you enjoyed your stay and everything was as enjoyable as always! We'll see you again soon! The St. Christopher's team

Journeys Brighton Hostel

Brighton, England

I actually left after i day due to no ventilation in the rooms. I asked about this and the manager said it is winter and cant open any windows and with several people in rooms I asked for my money back and booked into St. Christophers in Brighton much much better for same price so will go there in future.

• 24th Feb 2013

Hyde Park Hostel

I have stayed here several times and always feel it is good value for the money paid. Good location close to shops transport and a kitchen for cooking. Showers good and friendly easygoing staff.

• 18th Feb 2013

Brighton, England

I wasnt too impressed this time around. I have been on several occasions previously, but this time found the standard had dropped a bit. I found it to be too regimented and backpackers get treated like 5year olds. Also the kitchen times and rules are a joke. Kitchen closes at 7pm and only 2hr blocks the rest of the time. This causes chaos in the kitchen mainly 5-7pm. Needs to be reviewed by management. I personally feel I will go elsewhere in Brighton next time.

• 8th Jan 2013

Hyde Park Hostel

I found overall, Hyde Park |Hostel offers good value for money and is in a great location close to transport, shops etc.I go back frequently for several days in between my work assignments and also great to see breakfast is now provided what a bonus. Thanks again.

• 4th Jan 2013

Brighton, England

I would just like to say, it was great to come back to Smart Seaview in Hove again. I have been back to this hostel several times now. Each time I come back I see the same wonderful staff all with smiles on their faces and always ready to greet the customer with a very warm welcome each time. The place is looking fabulous and of course the views to the ocean from this hostel are amazing as always. It also now boasts a great kitchen with all the facilities. As always I have really enjoyed my stay

• 29th Oct 2012

Hyde Park Hostel

Very good location oppodite \hyde \park which is great. Transport links excellent. Great kitchen with all facilities. Rooms and beds good. Bathroom facilities good. Overall good value for money. I did feel for the cleaners they do a great job especially kitchen Come on everone when you cook a nice meal remember to wash the dishes......all in all great area to see London.

• 24th Oct 2012

Jolly Swagman Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

I I felt location and staff very good. Very friendly. Only stayed one night this time but will go back again.

• 31st Aug 2012

Brighton, England

I have stayed at this hostel several times now and as always it remains very good value for money. Beds very comfortable sea views great showers and hooray wholemeal bread. The staff are always very helpfull and I will definitely be returning in the future. Thanks again and keep up the good work. All the best Susan Rush.

• 10th Feb 2012

Brighton, England

Hello, this was my second stay at smart seaview and I really enjoyed it. As always staff were great and always there to help in any way. Beds comfortable and showers are fantastic. I also feel great value for money especially with a continental breakfast as well. Keep up the good work and I will definitely be back in the near future. All the best Susan Rush.

Brighton, England

I really enjoyed my stay and will be going back. My friend found this hostel on internet and we were very surprised. Sea views, good beds, spacious rooms, good showers, However I would like to see non slip mats put in showers for safety. Also added bonus of breakfast which was pretty good. So thankyou to staff a smart seaview keep up the good work. Regards Susan.

• 18th Sep 2011
  • Globetrotter

I have stayed at St. Christophers at Brighton on several occasions in past few years and always go back each time. The staff change a bit but are always friendly and helpful. The added breakfast menu is very good and had this a few times. I would love to see the antique Toaster at breakfast tossed away for good and a new one in its place as the old one burns more toast than cooks it but other than this all else was great and the location is the best. I will be back again. regards Susan.

• 17th Apr 2011

SoBo House Brighton

Brighton, England

This is the first time i have stayed here at sobo and will be back again as it is a nice hostel for the price. Everthing you need is here. Great kitchen and showers are great.Also satellite tv is a bonus.I have enjoyed my stay here at sobo hove, Brighton. Susan Rush.

• 17th Mar 2011
  • Globetrotter

I have visited st christophers at brighton on several occasions in the past but not very impressed this time no lock on bathroon door, noisy room,need new pillows, told staff member and not very helpful just shrugged her shoulders, night security good,beds need oiling as squek everytime you move,shower needed fixing couldnt hook up had to hold and wash somehow, all in all not very impressed will be looking elsewhere next time as this place needs some drastic refurbishment susan rush

• 14th May 2010
  • British Virgin Islands

Hi Susan My apologies for the experience you have had with us on this occasion.. I hope you will give us another chance and as you have acknowledged,you have stayed with us in the past and we dont get it right everytime.. We have just ordered new pillows throughout the hostel and all beds are being oiled to counter any squeaking.. Best Wishes Sam Mellors Dep Manager St Christopher's Brighton