Location: Ireland, Gender: Male, Age: 39

Darwin YHA

Darwin, Australia

Staff and location two huge pluses and massive kudos here. Room was spotless and air conditioned which helps when daytime temperatures are in the mid thirties. Bar next door where drinks can be enjoyed till closing time-and no there's no noise penetrating the walls of your room! Some very cheap eateries just down the street and a stone's throw to all amenities-cinema, bars, shops, etc. All said would definitely stay here again if ever I were to return.

• 28th Jul 2014

Alice Lodge Backpackers

Alice Springs, Australia

Had booked a dorm room and got upgraded to a double at no extra cost for the same price due to a scarcity of beds in the former category. Huge gratitude due here. Staff were incredibly helpful and location is top notch. Would recommend anyone visiting Alice Springs to stay here. Full marks all round.

• 24th Jul 2014

Urban Central

Melbourne, Australia

Arrived early at seven o clock in the morning and check in time wasn't until two. The staff were hugely helpful in allowing me deposit my luggage in the storage room for the seven hours which was an enormous help. Full marks here. Room was very comfortable and kitchen spotless. Adjoining bar also helpful for meeting locals and socialising. If ever I was in Melbourne again wouldn't hesitate to stay here and would recommend anyone visiting Oz's finest city to do likewise. Top marks all round!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Great to hear you had an awesome stay with us and found our staff to be an enormous help. I'll pass on your full marks to them in our next staff meeting. We also think our rooms are comfortable and we pride ourselves in keeping the venue spotless. I'm glad you were able to meet some other guests in our bar during your stay and we look forward to seeing you again next time. Cheers!

Globe Backpackers Plymouth

Plymouth, England

Had a thoroughly enjoyable time here where the staff were among the friendliest I've ever encountered and for the rainy days I've never seen so many books,dvds and board games to while the hours away. A very short stroll to the picturesque Plymouth Hoe and the city centre is also within walking distance. Comes highly recommended and would say it was one of the best hostels I've ever had the privilege of staying in. Respect!

• 7th Jun 2014

Cowgate Tourist Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Awesome staff. Very pleasant and hassle free stay.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your nice comments! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us :)

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

If you're looking for a central hostel look no further. Amazing beds only bettered by the incredibly friendly staff. A stone's throw from O Connell Bridge and Temple Bar. Cannot recommend highly enough.

• 13th Jan 2014

Dublin International (YHA)

Dublin, Ireland

Was only here for three hours as had to catch an early flight the next morning but as always thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. With the YHA franchise you know you're getting value for money and their Dublin branch is certainly no exception. Respect.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel, as you have on other occasions. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Safe travels. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Sky Backpackers

Dublin, Ireland

Comes highly recommended. Very comfortable best and great central location. My only regret was that I wasn't staying longer. Top marks all round.

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hostel. We hope to see you back again soon. Carla - Manager

YHA Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Excellent stay in a top notch YHA Hostel. Regularly stay here on trips to Liverpool and would recommend anyone else to so do as well. Keep up the great work!

• 29th Nov 2013

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Would recommend this hostel to anyone. One of the best I've stayed in not only in Dublin but anywhere in Europe. Top marks all round!

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you so so much! High praise indeed.

Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Room on my own in a four bed dorm for two nights for a mere €10 per night. Awesome tour to the Giant's Causeway the following day. Had a wonderful stay and would recommend anyone to consider this top notch hostel. You won't be disappointed!

• 23rd Jul 2013

YHA Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Outstanding comfort,facilities and a top notch breakfast to cap it all off. Comes highly recommended. And at under £12 for a bed an absolute steal. In short if coming to Liverpool look no further.

• 8th Mar 2013

Kipps Brighton

Brighton, England

Having stayed in Kipps Hostel Canterbury last August my expectations were sky high.Suffice to say I wasn't disappointed.The location is A1,the breakfast was hearty and wholesome,the bed was unbelievably comfortable and the plethora of dvds,shelves of books and free internet access meant there were ample means of whiling away the hours if you didn't fancy braving the elements on what was a bitterly cold weekend. In short if you're fortunate enough to visit Brighton look no further!

• 22nd Feb 2013

Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Booked a dorm room for eight and they went to the trouble of ensuring I had a room all to myself. As if that wasn't enough a free bus ride to the airport was thrown in the following morning. Full marks and respect all round. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend any potential guest to look no further.

• 21st Feb 2013

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

A pleasant and hassle free stay in a top notch hostel which couldn't be more centrally located. Amazing staff and beds aswell. Keep up the great work!

• 12th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

WOW! Thaaank you so much for your nice comments! :) Visit our website for some great deals and discounts!

Dublin International (YHA)

Dublin, Ireland

Pleasant stay in a hostel I keep returning to on a regular basis. With YHA you know you're getting bang for your buck and their Dublin branch certainly doesn't disappoint. Comes highly recommended.

• 11th Jan 2013

Igloo Backpackers Hostel

Nottingham, England

A thoroughly enjoyable stay in a top notch Nottingham city centre hostel. The owners go out of their way to be helpful and almost all amenities are close by. The beds are very comfortable and the lockers in each room with padlocks available from reception for a refundable £5 deposit certainly give peace of mind should you have any valuables. There are ample showers with an abundance of warm water and the free internet terminals/wi-fi deserves a huge thumbs up. In short comes highly recommended!

• 7th Dec 2012

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Had a thoroughly enjoyable stay in this centrally located hostel which is close to all amenities. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and bed was extremely comfortable. Would stay there again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend same to any prospective traveller. Respect!

• 29th Sep 2012

Abraham House

Dublin, Ireland

Pleasant and hassle free stay in this centrally located hostel even if it's not in the most salubrious part of Dublin.

• 28th Sep 2012

Spire Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Very hospitable and helpful staff and extremely comfortable bed in which I slept like a log. Central to all amenities and great value for money. Would highly recommend.

• 20th Sep 2012

Kipps Hostel Canterbury

Canterbury, England

Wow! I'm still trying to come to terms with how awesome Kipps really is. Words fail to do justice to the staff and facilities on offer. I've stayed in hotels that were not a patch on what I experienced in this top notch Canterbury hostel-and believe me when I say it's a hostel in name only. In reality it's much more like a home. You come as a stranger and leave as a friend. It's a stone's throw from the city centre,the beds are criminally comfortable and the breakfast is amazing. Marks of 11/10!

• 7th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you Luke for giving us such an amazing review. That definitely helps us to keep up the good work. All the best to you, we hope to see you again soon

Comes highly,highly recommended. To get a comfortable bed at such a reasonable price in the middle of the Olympics was a godsend. I was just after finishing a three week tour of europe with Topdeck Travel and other people on the tour bus paid two to three times what I'd paid for similar hostel accommodation elsewhere. The location is excellent-a stone's throw from Victoria coach and tube stations and the pizza and real ale served downstairs is to die for. In three words look no further!!

• 6th Aug 2012

Rock N Bowl Hostel

Bristol, England

Comes highly recommended. Always a huge buzz around establishment. Stone's throw to city centre and some class pubs. Would definitely check out again if ever I'm in Bristol.

• 16th Mar 2012

Dublin, Ireland

A pleasant and hassle free stay-as always. Would recommend. Location excellent re proximity to city centre.

• 20th Jan 2012

Ashfield House

Dublin, Ireland

Had paid for a dorm for 18 but since said dorm was shut for repairs they placed me in a dorm for 8 at no extra cost. Thought this was dead sound. Would stay here again. Comes recommended

• 16th Dec 2011

Dublin, Ireland

A pleasant and hassle free stay as always. Would recommend to any fellow traveller. See you all again soon! Luke.

• 17th Nov 2011

Terviseks

Tartu, Estonia

Wonderful stay. Thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there. Was of a higher standard than a lot of hotels I've stayed in. Location is top notch and a steal at €15 per night. Cannot reccommend highly enough. If ever I'm in Tartu again I'll be sure to check Terviseks out once again!

• 15th Aug 2011

Dublin, Ireland

Highly enjoyable stay and close to all amenities. Would highly recommend.

Ashfield House