Reviews: owainrobertson7872

London Eye Hostel

On arriving we were met with a stare from reception but no verbal greeting, he then ignored us to talk to a drink guest before pointing to forms on the desk when I asked if we could check in. Our room had a window that wouldn't close, had no blind or curtain and the fan in the room was broken and hanging off the wall. When I went down to complain I got another stare. In the morning we were told there were no towels until 10am and when asked about the broken showers I was shouted at by staff. We had to use bed sheets to dry ourselves, not before cleaning the showers because they were filthy and blocked. The whole hostel is filthy though, you can walk off the street unchallenged, the staff are very rude. Worst hostel I've stayed in for 10 years.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you for your review. The showers a now all working i am happy to say. We now have towels available at reception. Our location is perfect. We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES. ALL OUR PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF BREAKFAST, ALL LINEN AND FREE SUPERFAST WIFI.

Aloha Hostel

Paris, France

This hostel allows school groups to stay and doesn't mind if they run up and down the corridors screaming and banging on doors until 3am, if you complain they do nothing. They also allowed some drunk homeless guy to stay who made ALOT of guests uncomfortable. The fleece blankets on the beds are not changed between guests, mine was dirty. The hostel is very noisy when trying to sleep, from the gap along the bottom of the door noise and light come in from the hallway. The night staff don't care.

• 25th Apr 2013
  • Scotland

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Best Hostel I have stayed in so far, staff go out of their way to help and its by far the cleanest!!