Reviews: robinarenson64

Kangaroo-Stop

Dresden, Germany

The place is nice, and the staff are unfriendly. Unfortunately though, this is one of those places where they see fit to charge you extra for EVERYTHING, so the prices are misleading. We paid 40 EUR for a private double room, which would be a reasonable price except that didn't include sheets or towels or internet or breakfast, and we had to share a single communal bathroom and set of showers. Good place? Yes. But having to pay extra for the basics is a drag.

• 2nd Jun 2013

it makes us sad, that you got this impression from our house, because we do not make a secret about about having to pay for breakfast or linen or having shared facilities. Please note, that we do have a computer with free internet access and every guest gets 3 hours of free wifi per day... we also hope, that there was a little mistake in your writing... and you ment "the place is nice, and the staff are FRIENDLY thank you for being our guests and take care, wherever you go!

The staff are very unfriendly, at least to non-German speakers like myself. The internet was 5 euro for 24 hours (which isn't the most expensive, but is inconvenient when hostels up the street have it for free), and was so slow it barely worked. Breakfast 6 euros, which is also not extremely expensive, but for what you get it should really be included. The place itself is not cheap, and you get very little bang for your buck. Location-wise, it's close to the train station but nothing else.

Comfort Hotel Frankfurt-Karben

Frankfurt, Germany

Very friendly reception, peaceful location, easy to reach from main train station. Generally, just a very peaceful, quiet, cozy place. My only complaint is the safe wasn't working in my room. Other than that, top marks.

If you want a hostel that looks and feels like a frathouse, this is your place. The rainbow colored interior, the loud, obnoxious clientele did not appeal to me at all. The staff was friendly and everything was well organized and well run, but the place is definitely not my scene. My only complaint about the place that doesn't have to do with my personal preference is that there was no soap in the bathrooms in the rooms, which is definitely not ideal.