Reviews: altromondo2421

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The check in staff was very rude to all customers, unbelievably so in fact. The cleaning and kitchen staff was nicer. Nice big shower int he room, although the shower nozzle was broken for the four days I was there, falling off while you were washing. Wi-fi in the rooms, two free access computers in the lobby, facility for leaving luggage before check in and after check out. Good location. Breakfast (costs 5 euros) was OK.

• 24th Jul 2013

Ostello S. Fosca

Venice, Italy

Strange kind of place, seemed to be a run-down university residence rented out as a hostel in summer. Rooms cramped and quite hot, but can't complain as cheaper than usual prices in Venise. Bathroom was not very good, nowhere to hang up your things when taking a shower, either inside or out! No locks on toilet doors. Very annoying curfew (half past midnight) which is a shame in summer.... Still, I'd go back because it was so cheap. But prepare yourself for spartan conditions!

• 22nd Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Nice staff, nice common facilities, breakfast included, interesting old mansion transformed into a hostel. The 4 bed female dorm was small, but overall I had a good time. Hot showers and free tea and coffee all day. Internet access. Could maybe do with a few extra showers or toilets, though there is not really enough space for them. Would recommend.

• 14th Jun 2013

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

Nice staff, nice place, great location, the rooms were good and the kitchen was good too!

• 21st May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Friendly, cheap, quite central!

• 2nd May 2013

Hotel Nizza-Turin

Turin, Italy

Lovely place and very helpful and friendly staff. Next to Porta Nuova train station but also only ten minutes on foot to the city centre. Nice big clean room with big shower, air conditioning, tv, wifi. Breakfast with bar style coffee and freshly cooked buns etc. Staff exceedingly friendly. Would definitely recommend it for both families and singles. Would stay there again.

• 17th Aug 2012

Ethic Etape-CIS-Narbonne

Narbonne, France

This place is just behind the cathedral and main square so it is perfect location-wise and has the added touch of giving very close range views of the cathedral from some of the windows. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was ok and included in the price. Internet was available. Rooms were basic hostel dorms. Only slight negative point was that there was only one key for the whole room. It was possible to leave your bag there in the morning if you arrive before check in time.

• 13th Jul 2012

Notre Dame de l'Abbaye

Carcassonne, France

I thought this place was fine, by no means scary at all, as some other people have said. It does look a bit hospital like on the inside but that wasn't a problem. Was in a four bed dorm with a bunk bed and two beds tucked into a corner one after the other. The man at the front desk wasn't particularly friendly in the morning when I arrived, but cheered up later. Very convenient location just outside the castle walls. Can leave your bag there if you arrive before check-in and want to go out

• 12th Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Near the train station but also close to the centre (Trento is a very small place). Clean. Some of the staff were nice, others ignored you when you spoke to them which was quite strange. I stayed here a few extra nights which was no problem for them. Breakfast was frugal but ok, except that they turn the temperature of the coffee machine down to minimum so that it not even tepid. Turn it up yourself and after a few minutes it is hottish. Overall was an ok place, if not super friendly.

Welcome Inn

Naples, Italy

I spent almost a week here, it was hell. Drunken Americans talking, singing, yelling all night n our dorm and walking constantly in and out on their high heels slamming the door. Have never met such unbelievably selfish travellers. The staff were nice enough but strangely they had ALL only just arrived in Naples, I knew more about the place than they did. Bathroom very dirty. If you have a choice, go to Giovanni's home in Naples. This place was a dump.

Athenstyle

Athens, Greece

Nice enough place, expensive for the tiny room but centrally located. There was a very nice lady at the desk when I arrived but when I checked out the young guy made innapropriate remarks to female guests, seemed to want to be begged for them to be able to check out. Didn't want to give the key deposit back without ridiculous debating. I would have given this pace a better rating but he was so slimy it actually left me feeling dirty all day. Find non-sleazy staff!

Unfriendly staff. Theiving cleaning lady.

I was alone in my dorm. Went down to breakfast. When I came back my bed had been remade by the cleaning stff and all the things I had left there were gone, disappeared forever. The staff were extremely unhelpful, and I never managed to talk to the cleaning lady who emptied my room by mistake, nor did I get my stuff back.

Connect Hotel Skavsta

Nykoping, Sweden

Nice lobby, free sauna and breakfast, but EXTREMELY expensive cosndiering the tiny hostel room you get. If you have to go there try and find two other people to share the room (it costs the same for one or three people to have that kind of rom - it has a bunk bed with a single on top and a small double mattress on the bottom). For that price I would only go there again if there were no other solution and I had an extremely early flight.

IYHF Youth Hostel Zinkensdamm

Stockholm, Sweden

Nice hostel, very big and clean. Swipe cards for entering the rooms. Wi-fi and two computers for people without a laptop. A little difficult to find using their instructions : turn right out of metro station and continue walking to Holmentorget street (at the traffic lights). Take a right into Holmentorget street and you will have to continue about ten minutes up the road, the appartment blocks they talk about are on the other side of the road. Go down the stairs and keep walking 5-10 mins.

• 15th Oct 2010
  • Globetrotter

Hi Erin Thank you for your comment. I hope you had a really nice stay!! Regarding the instructions about how to get here I wounder if you maybee have mixed us up with another place? I dont know about any Holmentorget in this area. Best regards Malin Eklund

Hostel Marina

Cagliari, Italy

Quite a few stairs to drag your suitcase up before you actually get to the hostel, but nice location, only about ten minutes walk away from the train and bus station (up hill). Staff was a little unfriendly and then became excedingly friendly. I had booked a four bed room but was put in a an 8 bed one (but it had a mezzanine so I was alone with another girl although I coul still hear others down o ground level and was kept awake by their light) The hostel was fine, average, but good location

• 9th Sep 2010

Boomerang Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Nice clean dorms, it reminded me of girl guide camp! If you have heavy luggage I would avoid this hostel because you have to drag your things up about four flights of quite steep stairs. I liked the place, it was clean, sunny and from walking distance to the city centre, and only one metro stop from the train station. I would definitely stay there again (as long as I didn't have a heavy suitcase!)

• 13th Jul 2010

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Nice location, rooms very small and only one sheet given although I was given a second one with no problems when I asked. The bed cover stank, I don't think they wash them more than twice a year. The bathroom was clean. Internet wasn't working. Friendly staff. Ok for a night or two, but would'nt want to stay there longer.

• 12th Jul 2010

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The staff here were very friendly. I payed for a bed in a four bed dorm but was actually given a bed in a six bed dorm, but no problem because there was a mezzanine so there was enough privacy. Toilets smelt a little strange but kitchens were clean. Not a party hostel, but that was perfect for me. Close to the metro stop, no problem finding it. Overall I was very happy, I will return.

Au Bon Accueil

Mont St. Michel, France

Lovely little place with local Bretagne architecture and character. Very friendly English owners, willing to pick you up at train station and drop you off at Mont Saint Michel. Sea-side town of Saint Malo a bus-ride away so good base for several day trips. Be careful to bring back food with you though as kitchen in pub and restaurant in village were shut after eight PM on Sunday! Over all would definitely recommend, and will be going back. Also, copious breakfast served, a nice change!

L Hostels

New York, USA

Nice area, not at all worrying or dangerous, very nice people on the streets! Two bunk room very small and a bit suffocating but in general it was a nice clean place. Still, for those who take a bed in the dorms, be prepared to be woken at all hours by people turning the hall or bathroom lights on, there is no door to close to keep the dorm private. All in all would reccomend the place, but definitely only in the two bed dorms if you\'re a light sleeper!

Bed&Breakfast Morand

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Clean, out of the centre but easy to find. Very sociable owner. You can't cook dinner in the kitchen.

Bed&Breakfast Morand

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Very clean little appartment. The owner rents out two rooms and stays in the other so do not expect a lot of privacy. Very sociable owner, almost always in and eager to talk. Kitchen cannot be used to cook dinner, unless prior accord and use of \'odourless\' ingredients.