Reviews: imborba

Location: Brazil, Age: 30

Long Street Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

A great location (right at Long Street, where everything happens in CT) and a super nice staff that does everything to help you out. However, have in mind this is a super party hostel, and even after midnight the music continues loud. I've stayed in other hostels that are very loud, but at night it is possible to sleep. At LSB it is really hard to sleep. Another problem is that in the reception everybody smokes. Overall, a good option despite the loud sound and smoke in the reception.

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

The atmosphere is very good and the staff is very helpful. The fact that they are right in the middle of Livingstone is not necessarily an advantage, since everything we do there is outside the city. What I have to complain is that when I checked out I asked to stay an extra hour in the room and they did not allow it (I understand that they have to clean the room, but a little flexibility is always welcome, furthermore, I don't think the hostel would be fully booked for the next night)

It's true - many of the activities like rafting, bungee and the like will provide a shuttle to their starting points outside of Livingstone. It is helpful to be in the centre of the city for easy (and free walking) access to restaurants, bars, grocery stores and bus stations though! Sorry to hear about not being able to extend your stay. It should have been explained that the laundromat needs to collect the linens, especially as early September is still during our peak season.

Moafrika Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

The hostel is very nice, with a pool and nice facilities overall. However, it's pretty far out from the city (and not that close from the airport), in the middle of the countryside. The beds and linens are very comfortable, and it is very quiet at night. A nice place if you don't want to be in the city and have a car to get around.

Brown Sugar Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

The hostel is very nice, the owner is a great person and very helpful. The location is fine, except that there is no place in Johannesburg that is really good to stay at. I did the Soweto day tour with the hostel (operated by them, in their car and conducted by a hostel employee) and it was good, except for the guide/driver (Chris). He was knowledgeable but was clearly doing this for money and been unpleasant. If you have to stay in JoBurg, Brown Sugar is a good option.

Dear Igor. Thank you for staying with Brown Sugar. I am glad you had a good experience. About the Soweto tour: Chris has his own company MDIMA TOURS. He is a qualified tour guide. He operates all his business from our premises. This is his livelihood and only source of income to provide for his family. I assisted and helped him grow his business where he recently bought over one of our vehicles, which still have our stickers on. He will soon get his own branding on the vehicle and chat to him.

La Chimba Hostel

Santiago, Chile

The location is certainly the greatest advantage of this party hostel. There are three very old houses, not so well kept, and it looks very much like a maze. There are laisure areas in between the rooms and certainly it can be noisy at night with people drinking games and talking loud. The staff for the most part was nice, although some of them were not very good. Security is not very good because anybody can get in the hostel. Overall, it's a good place.

Hostal Tuyasto

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

The owners of the hostel are very nice people and make sure that we have a good time in their place. Mathilde and her husband are really the biggest asset of that hostel. The wifi was fine when I was there and the fact that the breakfast is not offered is not a problem, since most tours pick us up before sunrise and include breakfast. The only disadvantage with this hostel was its location, a 10min walk from main street, however, this was not that bad. Definitely I recomend this hostel!

A very nice staff and great location. Free snorkeling and sunscreen on the up side. However, they certainly need to make improvements in the building, the beds are very uncomfortable and although you have to swipe the id to open the front door everybody has access through the side door and the bedrooms doors don't lock. Furthermore, the lockers are very fragile. I didn't feel safe there, and certainly it's not a clean hostel. The nice staff, location and freebies make that up though!

AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

The location wa definitly scary, but I think that for New Orleans this is normal. I didn't have a problem, although I must admit I felt scary walking at night the 8ish blocks from the street car that takes you everywhere to the hostel. In the bedroom instead of having a locker there was a TV...The staff tried to do a nice job, but they were constantly hidding behing the closed door of the reception and kept a dog inside the hostel. The small outdoor area is taken by smokers...

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

Great staff, much better than expected breakfast, nice location, AC in the room...Just be aware tha the bedroom is very small.