Reviews: Pawcone

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel

San Francisco, USA

I was massively impressed by the breakfast. The choices (porridge, toast, bagels, spreads, hot beverages etc.) was impressive and I definitely did not expect to have such an array offered at a hostel. My room (private with ensuite) was nice, nothing to boast or complain about. I was, however, a bit uncomfortable whenever I needed to go to reception, because the staff seemed disinterested and disengaged, on the verge of being rude.

I was very impressed with the hostel. The best thing about Little Hanoi 2 is its location - central to everything, the lake is in full view when you walk out onto the street, and it's a short stroll to most important or worthwhile touristy places. Highly recommended!

Duc Vuong Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Cannot fault Duc Vuong Hotel. The best part about it is its rooftop bar - a super cool spot that makes me want to leave my room and hang out there. The view of the city from the bar is phenomenal, including a clear view of the Bitexco Tower. Rooms are superb, staff are attentive, service is thoughtful, price is reasonable. If and when I'm in Saigon again, I will be back.

Hostel 64 Osaka

Osaka, Japan

The staff at Hostel 64 were friendly and helpful, and were always ready and on stand-by to assist. I had a great time in Osaka, and would definitely come back again.

IchiEnSou

Kyoto, Japan

I absolutely enjoyed my time in Tokyo, including accommodation at K's House Tokyo Oasis. The staff there (Eiro, Nabe, Koji and others) were helpful, friendly and just great people in general. If this is what all the K's House branches are like, I'm a little bit bummed that I didn't go for K's House again in Kyoto. Thanks for making my Tokyo experience such a memorable one guys.

Aquarius Backpackers

Southport, Australia

A great and very fun hostel. Would recommend it - but only to people who are partiers. It can get very vibrant and loud, but definitely fun.

Hoey Moey Backpackers

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Unfortunately we only stayed here on Good Friday, when everything was shut (even the pub...) so we did not get to experience the place to its full capacity. However, Frank has been absolutely accommodating and helpful prior to the trip, and I would recommend this to anyone staying in Coffs on a budget.

Duke Hostel

Greymouth, New Zealand

I have enjoyed everything about this hostel, most of all the managers, Shoshy and Dory. They were generous and friendly, and made sure that my stay with them was perfect. The lounge area and the bar were fantastic for making new friends. Greymouth was only meant to be a stopover, but it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable and memorable nights of my trip.

YHA Franz Josef

Franz Josef, New Zealand

Good hostel, clean and a great hang out space.

Absoloot Value Accommodation

Queenstown, New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in NZ. The common room was a great place to chill, and definitely can't complain about the location of the hostel. Highly recommended!

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

Great central location, with great facilities. However, I found that it was a bit difficult to strike up conversation in the common areas, which wasn't necessarily the hostel's fault. The staff were a tad stand-offish...

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

A fantastic hostel with great facilities. The common areas were excellent for making new friends, and the staff are more than helpful. The free Wifi was a great feature. Would definitely stay again if I come back to Dunedin.

Foley Towers

Christchurch, New Zealand

Enjoyed my stay at Foley Towers, absolutely. The service and the friendliness of staff was the best part. The rooms were adequately set up and were clean. I would definitely come back again.

Miami Hotel Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia

One of the best value-for-money hotels I've stayed at. For what we paid, the facilitaties were very impressive. This doesn't even take into account the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, who were always smiling and happy to help. I'm will definitely be back.

Cinque Terre Holidays

Cinque Terre, Italy

Cinque Terre Holidays is situated on the main street in the first village, Riomaggiore. If you choose to hike from the first to the fifth village, it's great to stay in Riomaggiore so you can start your journey there. The room we had was one of the apartments on the main street, and was rather well-equipped with cutlery, pots and pans, new bathroom, and stove. We happened to have met great people who stayed with us, so I'm a bit biased about the whole experience.

PLUS Camping Michelangelo

Florence, Italy

Not a bad hostel for the price and for a camp site. However, the bathrooms could do with a bit of regular cleaning. The internet was also a bit of a rip-off: 5 Euros for an hour of usage, even for WiFi. Recommended for short stays.

PLUS Camping Roma

Rome, Italy

Plus Camping Roma is highly recommended if you have a restricted budget! Facilities are fantastic for the price you pay - clean bathrooms all day, nice tents and beds, a great bar and free WiFi internet, helpful staff. Takes a while to get the bus and metro into Rome central but it's worth it!