Reviews: papageorge98326

The ASH, Antwerp, Belgium
18th Mar 2015

Really nice hostel that provided breakfast of cereal and milk, but hey it was included so no complaints. The beds were really comfy and we have our own bathroom in the room. The kitchen is nice and very well kept and you have nice places to hang out if you want to stay in. Short walk too train station and the sights you will want to see are within walking distance as well, and the city of Antwerpen was just amazing. I would definitely use this hostel again, next time I am in Belgium.

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
16th Mar 2015

Really enjoyed my stay here, the staff were very helpful too me, and provided me with a map so I could go and explore on my own. The hostel is walking distance from the main sights in Bruxxels, so you will have no problems there, and you also have loads of places to eat and shop at near by. I had a friend in the city so I didn't hang out at the hostel too much but for the most part people were friendly but as always its all of what you make it. Comfy beds and bathroom in the room was awesome.

Hostel Mango, Prague, Czech Republic
25th Feb 2015

Its literally 30 seconds walking from the Charles Bridge and your so close to the Prague Castle, the hostel itself is very nice and the staff was really great. They provide maps and information for you to make your stay that much easier. Its a really quiet place so if you want to meet people its not the best place too be at then, because no one really hangs out in the lounge in the basement and at least in the winter its too cold outside to sit in the terrace. But overall an excellent stay.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
24th Feb 2015

Really good central location, the directions getting to the hostel aren't the best, but the staff was really awesome. They have a bar inside and comfy beds in the dorms. Only downside is that you have to share bathrooms with others, but for me this wasn't a problem.

24th Aug 2014

Easy ride into Boston to see the sights and the staff was super helpful with questions I had. They have a shuttle going from the hostel to the metro so you don't have to worry about finding your way back.

AAE Bourbon House Hostel, New Orleans, USA
20th Aug 2014

I had such a great time in this hostel when I was visiting New Orleans. The staff were great and it was only a 30 minute walk to bourbon street. Lots of really good eateries near by the hostel. Beds were comfy and I would definitely come back to here again.

Jollyboys Backpackers, Livingstone, Zambia
26th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, its close to restaurants and grocery store. The hostel will drop you off at Vic Falls in the morning if you signed up at least the day before and picks you up from the airport. I also did the Chobe National park tour booked with the hostel and it was a great day and tour. The beds are not great, but its a hostel. The staff is very helpful so just ask them questions.

Brown Sugar Backpackers, Johannesburg, South Africa
25th Mar 2014

This is a cool hostel, you can read the description about the history on it. Using their shuttle service is a bit pricey unless you have other people who need to travel at the same time. But I found the staff helpful, and enjoyable. The breakfast was really nice, especially since its included. Only downside is you might have to wait at the airport for a while to be picked up. But the beds are comfy and my dorm had its only bathroom in it.

Buccaneers Backpackers Cintsa, Cintsa, South Africa
16th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my time at this hostel, but its a bit pricey. The meals at night are by far the most expensive of any hostel I stayed in, but it was quite tasty and where you are the options are slim. But if you like to party then this is the place for you to go. No lockers in the rooms, but you can leave your valuables in the safe at reception. Short walk too the beach and the views are just amazing, both day time and night time.

Jikeleza Lodge International Backpackers Hostel, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
15th Mar 2014

I was only here for the night, but they waited for me to arrive and got me all checked in and checked out very easily. The bed was really comfortable for a hostel especially. The kitchen was nice and open and was kept clean even that late in the day. It seems like a good location, and close to the city center.

African Array Lodge, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
10th Mar 2014

Beautiful view of the water reservoir, but you are quite a ways away from the ocean and beach. The owners are incredibly nice and the place has a very homely feel too it, everyone talks with everyone and you can even sit outside at night around the fire pit which is kept going until everyone goes to bed. The place has a security gate and cameras, but no lockers. The food they sell is very pricey, but the alcohol is very reasonable. I had a great time at this hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to review African Array Lodge, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry if you feel the food is too pricey but we only use fresh products and most been organic where we can.

8th Mar 2014

This was a wonderful hostel, the owners took great care of the place, and you have your own locker under your bed to lock up valuables. Also has a security gate to get in. The breakfast is included in the morning, which was great and you are really close to shopping, restaurants and a nice walk away from the Knysna Heads, which have a great view especially on a sunny day. The owners are all really nice, and make you really feel at home.

Stumble Inn Backpackers Lodge, Stellenbosch, South Africa
6th Mar 2014

I arrived to the hostel and went on the wine tour that day, which was absolutely awesome. The hostel is a fun place and the town of Stellenbosch is a must see place in my opinion. There is a security gate, but be careful parking your car in front as the morning i left all cars had a broken window. You are close to restaurants and shopping, but a very quite hostel to sleep in.

Cape Town Backpackers, Cape Town, South Africa
2nd Mar 2014

This is a nice quiet hostel, only a block too Long Street which has lots of hostels, bars, and restaurants. The staff were very helpful in making my booking for the Baz bus and for the Cape of Good Hope Tour, Lucas even helped me plan the stops I should take with the Baz bus because of my limited time. Hostel is really close to Table mountain and other sights in the city. Only complaint is that I got the room key that had the broken locker. But they did hold my valuables for me.

Charlestons NotSo Hostel, Charleston, USA
5.4
15th Jan 2014

Found a couple of things interesting. First time any hostel I have ever encountered, has a check in at 5 p.m. I called the hostel, before then and no one was working, must be nice to take a 3 hour lunch break.

Q4 Hotel, New York, USA
7th Oct 2013

Only two blocks from the subway station and close to a few different eateries, but hey this is NYC and if you can't find a place to eat then you haven't been looking. Its only a 15 minute ride too Downtown Manhattan where all the fun lies. I really liked the room the beds were comfortable and the rooms had their own bathroom. The staff was also quite helpful when I had questions. I will definitely stay there next time I am back in NYC.

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
28th Aug 2013

All hostels are right near the train station so its super convenient for getting to or from the airport. The hostel was about a 10 minute walk from the river and about a 25 minute walk to some of the old sections of town. But your in the Red Light District so its a bit noisy at night. The hostel is a really fun one to stay at, they have lots a daily activity there and a thursday pub crawl. Free breakfast for 5 hours and its a good one. I highly recommend this hostel.

Bed'nBudget Cityhostel, Hannover, Germany
2.0
27th Aug 2013

Was supposed to where I booked but didn't find out that we couldn't stay there because of a WWII bomb that the city was defusing that night. No call or email instead we all found out the hard way that it wasn't open. That and I was out in a 12 bed dorm when I paid for a 6 bed dorm. This place sucked. 12 people one bathroom avoid it when your in Hannover.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof, Dresden, Germany
10th Aug 2013

• USA, Couple, 25-30
Steps Hotel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
9th Aug 2013

Really nice place with a friendly staff and close walk too subway station. We paid for a 4 bed dorm and my girlfriend and I had the whole room to ourselves. I have to say I really liked the place.

26th Jul 2013

The location is great you are on the strip and you are close by to lots of restaurants and action. The beds were really springy and the rooms are old. The people staying there were awesome. It's a fun place but it wasn't worth the money but again the location was awesome.

The White Rabbit, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
2nd Jul 2013

I had an amazing stay in this hostel upon my arrival in phnom phen. The place has a bar that has cheap drinks that are great quality and taste great. The staff was very helpful with tourist questions, where to eat, how much to pay etc.... If you want a hostel with comfy beds in a place where you will meet people then look no more, I highly recommend this hostel to you.

Vietnam Inn Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
30th Jun 2013

This Hostel is located to a good bit of the major sites in Saigon and is close to where most the open ticket buses drop off at. Every morning you can get a nice buffet meal for $2.50 as well as other good food in the restaurant at a cheap price. The beds are really new and comfortable, the rooms have a great A/C. The bar downstairs serves cheap beer and free pool so you can meet some people. Nice place definitely recommend it.

Mojzo inn, Nha Trang, Vietnam
25th Jun 2013

The staff is nothing short of amazing, they are helpful in anyway they can and know everyone's name from day one. The only thing I can say bad about the place is that the free breakfast is reall nice but it'll take you 45 minutes sometimes as its very disorganized and the lockers beneath the bed are a joke as there is no top so you could just lift up the wood below the mattress. Location is amazing just a two blocks from the beach an close to nightlife.

Hostel New King, New Delhi, India
5.7
4th Apr 2013

Didn't care for this place at all. Lucky was awesome but I only met him once he gave me some good travel advice and was awesome. His brother is quite rude and pushy. I came down because I was leaving and was waiting for my ride and he asks me to go back upstairs to wait. The place is in the main bazaar which is a interesting place. Also they take you to a rip off travel agent and don't want you to leave unless you tell them where you're going. But hey this is typical Indian behavior. Hostl sucks

• USA, Couple, 31-40
Underground Backpackers, Perth, Australia
9th Mar 2013

The hostel is near all kinds of nightlife in the. North bridge area which is the place too be. I booked with hostelworld for two guests but we got seperate rooms its not on them but hostelworld. But the lady at the front desk was awesome she called a lot of times to get a shuttle booked for me to the airport. It's my second time staying at this hostel.

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
23rd Feb 2013

This is a cool hostel location near two train stops and bus station. Cheap eatiries all around you in the Chinatown area and of course cheap shops. The hostel has toast for breakfast and is clean. The staff is very helpful and nice.

Footprints Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
21st Feb 2013

I really liked this hostel they had a good variety of free breakfast every morning. The staff was awesome and your close to the sights of the city. I would definitely stay there again. It also has a tv with movies and free wifi

11th Feb 2013

Not a bad place your on hostel row so there is plenty of people around and its only a block from the water.

Pentlands Backpackers Hostel, Auckland, New Zealand
8th Feb 2013

I had a really nice stay at this hostel they even watched my bag for me when I went away over night. Staff was amazing they are all really nice people. You are only a 3 blocks from the store and restaurants. I would recommend this place.

The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers, Wellington, New Zealand
7th Feb 2013

Extremely friendly reception staff and a very clean and nice set of bathrooms a plenty to choose from. He kitchen is nice it has everything a traveler needs and its caddy corner to the theatre where the premier of hobbit took place.

Fish Tank Lodge, Kaikoura, New Zealand
6th Feb 2013

The guy at check in was a deusch bag to us not at all friendly and plain rude. The kitchen the morning when I was leaving just needed a good wipe down but no one bothered to do it. But it's across the road from the beach and has bars, restaurants and shopping just outside he door.

The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers, Queenstown, New Zealand
2nd Feb 2013

Wow this is the best hostel I have stayed at in Nz or Australia by far the owner Kent makes sure no detail is overlooked and keeps it a nice and friendly atmosphere. You have lockers with plugs inside so you can safely charge your electronics and did I mention the 3 kitchens you can choose from. Excellenty stay and free Internet what more could you want

Absoloot Value Accommodation, Queenstown, New Zealand
29th Jan 2013

Just a few meters from the lake front beach. My room had its own bathroom in it and you get free wifi. Only downside is its a extremely small kitchen otherwise it was a really cool hostel.

YHA Wanaka Purple Cow, Wanaka, New Zealand
28th Jan 2013

I had a 3 person room that shared a kitchen and bathroom quite nice digs I have to say only thing I don't like is having to pay extra as a non member otherwise cool hostel

Nomads Capital Backpackers, Wellington, New Zealand
21st Jan 2013

Great kitchen though small, it was well equipped. Free wifi outside of the building and close to the sights of the city. Only real issue was dealing with the front desk the guy who checked us in admonished us for not having our bus driver set us up with a room because we were with stray but he had the wrong group because our bus stayed elsewhere. No apology from the pudgy white guy with glasses in the afternoon around 3 pm check in. But you do get a free meal nightly.

Base Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
2.0
15th Jan 2013

What can u say nice about a place that tells you upon arrival that your 1:00 am arrival means a 1 pm check in. So I got to stay the night on the streets after arriving in Nz from Australia. Not only that but even though I was leaving at 7:40 am I couldn't cancel and was charged for a night I never used, so much for 24 hour reception. I will never spend a dime at one of these hostels ever again. No room at all because of the red hot chile peppers concert.

Brado's inactive, Sydney, Australia
11th Jan 2013

Manager who checked me in was awesome he even met us outside to help with the luggage. Downsides are lots of people are long term residents and were loud as can be. The morning of my checkout I was asked 3 times if I was checking out this was 9:30 am and this goofy dumb blond guy wouldn't stop pestering me even though it was a 10:30 checkout time. But no doubt an excellent location though only 3 showers and two communal toilets

Byron Bay YHA, Byron Bay, Australia
9th Jan 2013

Bunk Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia
3rd Jan 2013

The room I stayed in was to say the least cramped. But outside of that its close to bars though u need pants and not shorts to enter their bar. It was also close to most everything u wanna do and free taco 4 times a week is nice

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our bar one of the hot spots of Fortitude Valley so we need to set a standard for the weekends. Dress codes only apply after 9 on Friday and Saturday night. Other than that it's thongs by the pool and singlets at the bar! Love from the punks a nd spunks at BUNK

Frasers On Rainbow Beach, Rainbow Beach, Australia
23rd Dec 2012

I enjoyed my time there in Rainbow Beach. The hostel is right across the street from the bus stop and is only 2 blocks from the beach. The guided walk to Carlo Sand Blow was really fun, got to throw a boomerang that comes back. Plus you can buy a $25 pint card that gets you 5 pints. Only downside is that people come and go because of the Fraser Island Tour. But I did enjoy my stay at this hostel.

Cool Bananas, Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia
22nd Dec 2012

Its a nice hostel, no one shuts their door, so its a risk, but its a nice group of people when I was there, but that can always change. The place was really nice though, and its only a few blocks from the beach and shopping. They pick you up from the bus stop and its only a 5 minute walk back to it. Agnes Water is a quiet town so if you want action, not the place, if you want peace and quiet in a chill hostel then check it out.

Nomads Airlie Beach, Airlie Beach, Australia
19th Dec 2012

Its across from the Lagoon, and its right on the strip. Its just too nickel and dimey for my tastes. Everything is extra at this place. But you do get a $5 meal every night to purchase if you wish.

Global Backpackers Airlie Beach, Airlie Beach, Australia
14th Dec 2012

Really fun hostel, though I have to say one of the worst mattresses I have ever slept on. But on the bright side you can use your half off meal voucher every to get a meal and a pot of beer for $6.50. So I got a 300 gram rump steak every night with a beer for $6.50. But its on the main drag and the bar is always fun. The cleaning staff were either really cool or really mad always. Front desk was slow checking in, but otherwise the place was awesome. I would definitely return/

• USA,
Alice Lodge Backpackers, Alice Springs, Australia
11th Nov 2012

Alice Lodge Backpackers, Alice Springs, Australia
8th Nov 2012

Its a really fun hostel, I got picked up from the train station the day i arrived. Its a short walk into town with everything no more than 10 minutes from the hostel. I would recommend staying there if you wanna have fun in Alice.

Dingo Moon Lodge, Darwin, Australia
6th Nov 2012

Best breakfast from a hostel by far. More stuff than anyone else and it's close to the esplanade and bars

The Old Swan Barracks, Perth, Australia
4th Nov 2012

It's a really cool old building but there are few bathrooms and u have lots of long term guests. But great location near the heart of north bridge and 2 minutes from the underground train and bus stations

Hi Tasso, Thanks for coming to stay with us at the Barracks. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you next time you are in Perth!! Cheers, The Old Swan Barracks Team

Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort, Monkey Mia, Australia
6.9
30th Oct 2012

Underground Backpackers, Perth, Australia
30th Sep 2012

Great location but staff is not very helpful with any sort of informattion about the local area, I had to figure things out myself. So I u want no info but a great location then I recommend it to you.

Asylum Cairns, Cairns, Australia
22nd Feb 2012

I liked the hostel so much that I still haven't left and will not be leaving here until December 1st. If you want a hostel that is fun and close to everything then this is the place for you.

Urban Central, Melbourne, Australia
27th Jan 2012

Outside of being told by a staff member that the closest library is the state library which is about a 30 minute walk away, they were good. There is a library about 6 blocks from it up, Clarendon st. The bed I had was excellent, but there was no window in my room. The lockers are nice and spacious but it requires you to put on a extremely low quality lock since it won't hold a normal sized one. I didn't bother using mine. Great weekly rates and close to lots of eateries and grocery stores.

Habitat HQ, Melbourne, Australia
23rd Jan 2012

Extremely nice Hostel, located in St. Kilda where there is plenty to do. Only 3 blocks from the library, and a few more to restaurants and grocery stores. Hostel has free wifi, and the place is kept clean. The beds are really comfy, and the bathrooms are well maintained as well as the kitchen being kept clean. I enjoyed my stay, it was a little bit pricey, but it was a nice place. I had a great time there on Australia day, which the staff had a cooked food on the frill for us. I would recommend.

Elephant Backpacker Sydney, Sydney, Australia
15th Jan 2012

I liked most of the staff because most were very helpful and knowledgeable. I hated the fact that there is no soap in the bathrooms that is just plain nasty. Two rooms had bed bugs while i was there, and mine got sprayed for fleas. But its walking distance to most of the stuff you want to see. The kitchen is kept clean, closed twice a day for cleaning. Not super impressed with the hostel, it was old, yet cool looking, but the area around it was quite boring.

14th Jan 2012

If you are here to see Fiji then do yourself a favor and avoid this place and head to one of the islands. The place had a nice pool, nasty beach front. The water and sand were just nasty. The rooms are nice, but there is only the hostel bar to drink as well as the hostel next door has one also. The service was bad, and I didn't get the friendly fijian feeling that I got from everyone else in fiji. It was relatively close to the airport but it co sts $15 for a ride to there on your way out.

Octopus Resort, Yasawa Islands, Fiji
12th Jan 2012

It was expensive to get to here, but once there it was money well spent. The staff is just amazing, all super friendly and you are right on the water. Its nothing but lush tropical paradise all around you. Its a pain to get too and expensive is a down side as well as the per night meal plan. I missed the whole resort part, but the food was excellent and I would recommend this place so long as your not on a backpacker budget.

• USA, Male, 25-30
Ramada Roanoke, Roanoke, USA
16th Nov 2011

The Hostel-Inn Tango City, Buenos Aires, Argentina
22nd Jan 2010

The Hostel-Inn Tango City, Buenos Aires, Argentina
11th Feb 2009

Very cool hostel in buenos aires its a place that I have visited on 3 seperate occasions