Reviews: jil13

Location Netherlands, Age 29

Green House Hostel, Little Corn Island, Nicaragua
14th Feb 2017

Green House is a good place to stay on Corn Island. The beds are big and the curtains and power plugs are nice, but I had a mattress with a hole from other people sleeping on it. Didn't prevent me from having a nice sleep though. There's a big kitchen which I didn't really use, but it seemed good enough. Could use an extra bathroom after sunset, but otherwise fine. Really clean hostel, good atmosphere. Maybe not let people smoke on the porch, as everyone wants to comfortably sit there..

Trailwinds Hostel, Leon, Nicaragua
6.6
29th Jan 2017

When we arrived in the hostel, it was deserted. We met a few people but there was no atmosphere whatsoever. There's no lockers and no kitchen, which makes the hostel too expensive for me. My sheets were a bit smelly. Bathrooms were clean and location is okay. Not enough power plugs in the dorm.

De Boca en Boca, Granada, Nicaragua
27th Jan 2017

Really nice hostel, great atmosphere. They were reconstructing and opening a new area when I stayed there, so there was no kitchen, but I believe there usually is. Breakfast was nice, a little small. Location is great, close to the Central Park. Staff is really nice and helpful. My favorite hostel in Nicaragua. Could do with an extra bathroom, but probably there are more, now they've opened an extra area.

Managua Backpackers Inn, Managua, Nicaragua
26th Jan 2017

Nice hostel, stayed there a few times during my trip. The atmosphere is okay, many people staying here are just arriving or about to leave Nicaragua, so a lot of people arrive at night or leave really early in the morning. Dorms are nice, great beds. Kitchen's good. WiFi doesn't work everywhere. Location is okay, not too far from the UCA bus station and close to the mall. Staff could be a bit more strict on quiet hours. One night someone was watching a movie with loud sound until around 3am.

Hi, Thank you for your comments. Our apologies for the loud movie. Just to let you know that we do recognize that many of our guests leave for the airport very early in the morning. For that reason, the quiet hours are 11pm until 7am and are enforced. If you do happen to stay with us again at some point in the future and encounter this same problem, please let the overnight staff/receptionist know this and they will ask the guests to quiet down.

HI Boston, Boston, USA
31st Jul 2016

Prima en schoon hostel. Bedden zijn comfortabel en met eigen stopcontacten, bedlampje en kluis. Badkamers zijn schoon. Gratis ontbijt is fijn, redelijk wat keuze, maar niet heel gezond. WiFi werkt goed. Niet echt de beste plek om nieuwe mensen te ontmoeten denk ik. Iedereen lijkt redelijk op zichzelf. Grote keuken met veel faciliteiten en kruiden en olie en dergelijke is top! Locatie is ook prima.

Hostal Jacaranda & Home, Valparaiso, Chile
7.7
13th Feb 2014

I stayed in a dorm, which are in another building than the double rooms. It was new and clean, but I wouldn´t call it a hostel. The owner was nice and helpful, but after 12 it felt like I was on a high school trip. You cannot use the kitchen after 12 and are not allowed to talk to each other, not even whispering. When I was exchanging contact information with another guest the owner stood next to us to make sure I´d go to bed. If you want a peaceful quiet stay it´s your place to go.

La Chimba Hostel, Santiago, Chile
7.4
8th Feb 2014

La Chimba is a really good place to meet other travelers. I really enjoyed my stay. The beds are comfortable and you get a big locker. Breakfast is ok, but the kitchen could use more utensils. Also some showers were not working in the first building, but the one that was working was really good. On the party nights I could here some noise in my room, but nothing that would keep me out of my sleep. Most of the staff was helpful and nice. Really nice outdoor areas and good location. I´d come back!