Reviews: jil13

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
Hostal Jacaranda & Home, Valparaiso, Chile
7.7
13th Feb 2014

I stayed in a dorm, which are in another building than the double rooms. It was new and clean, but I wouldn´t call it a hostel. The owner was nice and helpful, but after 12 it felt like I was on a high school trip. You cannot use the kitchen after 12 and are not allowed to talk to each other, not even whispering. When I was exchanging contact information with another guest the owner stood next to us to make sure I´d go to bed. If you want a peaceful quiet stay it´s your place to go.

• jil13
  • Netherlands, Female, 25-30
La Chimba Hostel, Santiago, Chile
7.4
8th Feb 2014

La Chimba is a really good place to meet other travelers. I really enjoyed my stay. The beds are comfortable and you get a big locker. Breakfast is ok, but the kitchen could use more utensils. Also some showers were not working in the first building, but the one that was working was really good. On the party nights I could here some noise in my room, but nothing that would keep me out of my sleep. Most of the staff was helpful and nice. Really nice outdoor areas and good location. I´d come back!