Reviews: paul_m_obrien1345

Hostel Meyerbeer Beach

Nice, France

Myself & my partner stayed in Room 4, a double room. The hostel was very well located, easy to find from the train station. The breakfast which was included was v .good & there is a supermarket downstairs. We would recommend the hostel if you are planning to stay in Nice. The staff were helpful & friendly especially Audrey & the future Gaelic Footballer from Galicia & Andrea the cleaner. One criticism, I think that "partiers" should be hunted from reception at 11, It can be a nit noisy at night.

Vertigo Centre

Marseille, France

Myself & my partner stayed here for 3 nights. The Location & staff were very good but the Double Room we stayed in was very shabby, It wasn't very clean & it was extremely basic & quite cold. If we were in Marseille again we wouldn't stay here. If you want something cheap & basic, it's grand. But if you want something cleaner & more comfy, look elsewhere.

Au-Domisiladore

Carcassonne, France

Not really a hostel but more of a hotel. Joel the boss is a real gentleman, very friendly. The room was really nice with a lot of character. Ask the bus driver or show him the address if you are coming from the airport. The stop is just around the corner from the hotel. Breakfast isn't included but you can get it for 8 euro, ok value. The Hotel is on the opposite side from the OLD CITY but it's only about 20 minutes walk. Good spot if you are going sightseeing in the area by car.

many thanks joel

Great little place to stay. Run by a friendly Dutch man. Great location near the train station & close to the city.

LoLHostel Siracusa

Syracuse, Italy

Nice spot. Lovely rooms. Great city.

Hostel Taormina

Taormina, Italy

Myself & my girlfriend stayed in a private ensuite room. We were very happy with the room. The Location of the hostel is good. only a few minutes from the "old town" There's a good few steps involved, that's the only negative I could mention. Grazia who was the staff member we dealt with was very friendly & helpful.

Amber Tree Lodge Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

stayed in a twin room in Amber Tree. Fantastic hostel run by 2 really nice guys. great location with lots of nice places to eat & drink with plenty of craic happening around the corner. walking distance to the city, Myself & my girlfriend would highly recommend Amber Tree.

Hostal San Miguel

Nerja, Spain

nice quite hotel, not really a hostel. location is great if you are arriving by bus, literally one minute from the bus stop in Nerja. 10 min walk to the beach. 5 euro breakfast is great. Room was lovely & spacious & the bath was wonderful. for a couple it´s great.

Mediterranean Youth Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

We stayed in a double room en-suite and the room was fantastic with possibly the best shower of any hotel/hostel I´ve ever stayed in (important because it rained most the time we were there while my family back in Waterford, Ireland were at the beach. In Oct!). Location is great ... away from the noisy old city but 10 mins walk to Sagrada Familia & only a minute from a metro station. If I was going back to BCN I would 100% stay here again. Highly recommended.

Babia Hostel Centro

Malaga, Spain

great location but not a great place if you want to get some sleep, There is a niteclub open until 6 ish just across the street & loads of people hanging out there all night ... if I was going back to Malaga for a relaxing weekend I wouldn´t stay here but if I was going on the lash with the lads yes!

Mellow Yellow Party Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Big Party hostel ... if you want somewhere small & homely .. try elsewhere but location of MY is great and staff are cool. The football tour is very expensive .. just hop on the Metro Don´t miss the Capoeira show on Sundays .. excellent. Watch out for bed bugs ... the staff deal with it quickly .. not their fault ...

GardenHouse B.A.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Garden House was great ... really nice staff ... and better than another 'famous' party hostel .. everybody mixes and no cliques like elsewhere .. Only negative is that it is a few blocks from downtown .. but there is a subway station a block from the hostel straight into downtown .. highly recommend Garden house ..

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

Great place to party ... best in La Paz .. if you are looking for early nights and serious people, go elsewhere ... but if you want to have fun .. stay here ... good pool table and bar ... only thing missing is a Waterford jersey on the wall.