Reviews: cmarich1942

love this hostel! wish it was more afforable but NY is expensive in general- still a great deal! love the location in the upper west side and how accessible it is to the bus, airport and subway.

Backpackers International

Rarotonga, Cook Islands

I had a pleasant stay on the island. The woman who runs the hostel is nice and respectful but she isn`t always around the property. Even during the posted office hour times there may or may not be someone there to help you. It's true- no one really cleans but I`ve been in hostels that are more disgusting. The guests are awesome and create a chill laid back atomsphere to enjoy. The hostel doesn`t really organize any socials or outings so your experience is what you make it.

Glad you enjoyed your time here. Yes, office times are different in winter as it's colder and flight schedules are different. Kitchen was cleaned at night and bathrooms in the morning, but when the hostel is full and no one cleans up after themselves, we get it. We did try to organise events,but everyone was too worried about spending money, so we just put up on our daily board the events happening around the island. Hopefully if you ever stay with us again, we'll have a more active crowd.

Great location. The staff are okay. Not the friendliest or most enthusiastic people ever but that's fine. The only thing I really disliked was that the key I received to get into my room did not work. I had to carry all my luggage up and down the stairs 2 or 3 times to keep going down to fix my key so I could get into the room. The staff gave me attitude which I did not appreciate. Don't they understand the whole reason fokes pay for the hostel is to have access to the room?

i had a great stay at this hostel! the amenities are okay but you get what you pay for. the vibe and atmosphere is what makes this hostel so great! it is obvious that the staff works hard to create a fun party scene for everyone to experience south beach. i love all the pub crawls and club outings with the hostel crew. they also provide meals included in your stay which helps out a lot when you are traveling on a budget. highly recommended!

Miami, USA

I often stay here when I come visit South Beach. It's good value for what you get but no frills. I went on one of their pub crawls//club outings for the first time on this visit and I wasn't too impressed. I would recommend staying elsewhere if you want more of a fun and party atmosphere and opportunities to meet and connect with people.

Thank you for your review. Most of our guests enjoy having VIP entrance to some of the best clubs in South Beach. Perhaps the club was having an off night? Unfortunately we have no control over that. We try to create a fun party atmosphere in our lobby with our full bar and 4 large screen TVs and projector. We are always open to suggestions to make our hostel more fun though! Thank you for being our guest!

Island Time Hostel

San Juan, Puerto Rico

HIGHLY recommended! my stay at island time made my trip to PR very special. there is an amazing staff of thoughtful, fun and kind people who work hard to ensure visitors not only have a pleasant stay at the hostel but the whole island. the amenities (wifi!) are great and the staff was accommodating to any questions or concerns i had. i preferred the santurce location over the other hostels in old san juan. if you consider yourself to be a traveler and not a tourist, this is the place for you!

Posada San Francisco

San Juan, Puerto Rico

this is very much a hostel if you are a tourist wanting to do tourist things, link up with people to do tourist things and walk around old san juan. if you want to see some real puerto rican culture and life or even go to the beach the location is a bit out of the way. i would recommend perhaps looking for something in the conado or santurce area if you are looking for the latter. the hostel itself is bare bones: the staff just check you in and out and there`s no interaction otherwise.

Old San Juan is a great city that is walkable and its among the favorite places for locals to go out for night time because its safety; Trust me I am a local. Condado Is only resorts and Santurce; Miramar is a more reality of social problems of Puerto Rico. Which you dont necessary have to live in it to experience. There is no shame in being a tourist. OSJ has history - Its safe w/ many family business. Dont discredit us because you rather be in the rough part of town for the same price.

Miami, USA

A great affordable option in the heart of South Beach. The hostel is clean and comfortable and the staff is welcoming and helpful.

H132 Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

this was the first hostel i stayed at when i first arrived to taipei. it`s in a good location pretty close and central to quite a few things. the staff is friendly and love how they offer free breakfast. it is basic but it is still something welcoming and kind. this hostel is very clean and there's a lot of natural light. there is no elevator just stairs for those with big luggages. i felt safe and overall good experience!

Miami, USA

It's not the best or the fanciest but it`s a bed to sleep on. The staff is warm, welcoming, inviting and helpful. It is what you make it!