Reviews: jeanfarmacia3857

Hostel Buffalo Niagara

Buffalo, USA

Fair hostel in the center of Buffalo, very cheap and good facilities. Very calm.

DC Lofty - Convention Center

Washington DC, USA

Fair hostel in an excellent location in DC. I recommend it!

The hostel is pretty much okay and in a very good location.

• 22nd May 2014

Fortaleza Guest House

San Juan, Puerto Rico

It is an old building right in central old San Juan, so very good location. The hostel is very simple, you basically pay in cash and get the key to the room. The room is small but fair, there is a locker, air conditioning (which is important), and I was lucky enough to get a double bed. Bathrooms were clean. I recommend this hostel.

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

One of the best hostels I have ever been, and I have been to many! The staff is the friendliest, they always wish you the best when you leave and say "Welcome back" when you're back, the facilities are very good, you are allowed to drink in the hostel THERE IS EVEN A SMALL MOVIE THEATER IN THE PLACE. It is located very close to the space needle and the public market so the location is perfect. And Seattle is amazing! So definitely go there!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

This hostel reflects the incredible atmosphere of Portland. You definitely should go there if you want to enjoy the feeling of the city and meet the craziest people. Highly recommended.

• 21st Apr 2014

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Very good hostel not far from the main attractions of DC (about 25 min walk from the capitol). The only problem is there were no lockers in the room and the lockers available in the common area were not for all guests. But I felt safe and had no problems there, anyway.

• 11th Apr 2014

HI - New York City

New York, USA

Big, nice hostel in Manhattan on the Upper West Side. Very good location and reasonable price considering it is New York. Nothing to complain about the facilities, it is just a real shame that it is not allowed to drink inside the building otherwise the atmosphere would be just great.

• 14th Mar 2014

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

Good price and good location, facilities were good too, but the bathroom was a little bit dirty and not much privacy in there.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hello, Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. We will take your words and improve our bathroom cleanliness. We hope to see you again and increase your Getaway experience. Take care, Jason Schultz General Manager

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

The Generator hostels are always a good option. This one has excellent facilities for very good value for money, just by the train station. I would stay there again for sure.

I actually did not stay in this hostel, because a friend decided to go to Hamburg after me and there wasn't any bed available anymore. But I called them and asked to cancel the booking and they were very kind and did that straight away. Very good experience.

• 29th Nov 2013

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

AMAZING hostel that just looks like a hotel where you share rooms. Not right in city center, but 20-30 min walk from there, which is not a concern. Good bar and excellent atmosphere, the best facilities. Totally rocmmended.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hello! Thank you very much for your comment! We are glad that you had such a nice stay with us and enjoyed the atmosphere of our ho(s)tel. We hope to see you at a MEININGER again! Best wishes Your MEININGER Salzburg Team

Gay Hostel (male only)

Berlin, Germany

Nice hostel, good atmosphere, recommended.

Berlin, Germany

Best hostel in the world, possibly.

A&O Graz Hauptbahnhof

Graz, Austria

This is a really good hostel with high value for money. Facilities are very clean. But it is a very calm place, with many families and children and it is just behind the main train station but a 20 - 30 min walk from city center, which is not bad but I think you have to be aware of it. I recommend it and would stay there again.

Second time there in two months, this time was much better the experience cause internet really worked and the room wasn't that hot anymore at late summer. Definetely a place to be recommended in Vienna.

• 13th Sep 2013

Berlin, Germany

Again in St Christophers Berlin, again in a St Christophers hostel, it's always right that this is the best option!

NightCap Hostel

St. Julians, Malta

If you are looking for parties in Malta, that's the place to go just in the middle of the nightlife center of the island! The hostel is fair and you get to know nice people there. But being honest I have to say that the place was quite dirty.

The hostel was very good. My only complaint is the internet conection which was very very poor.

Hobo Bear Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Nice place to stay, I recommend it! It's just too hot in the summer.

Split Backpackers

Split, Croatia

Nice place to stay next to the old town of Split, very easy to get around. Facilities are good, and that's a quiet hostel.

Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

The stay in the hostel was very pleasant! The location was excellent, inside old city walls (the problem is the stairs you have to go through to reach it). The staff was one of the nicest I've ever met in a hostel. Totally recommended!

• 29th Jul 2013

Gay Hostel (male only)

Berlin, Germany

I didn't stay in the hostel for too long, it was a weekend in Berlin after all, but it's a nice place to stay. I would go again!

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

A good hostel at the very touristic center of Istanbul. Although there were no lockers in the rooms or even a key to the door, I felt safe being there.

• 17th May 2013

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

There are very good things and bad things about this hostel. They offer lockers for you to store your luggage after check out, during your stay you'll have a locker for yourself, I had even a socket inside the locker so that I could safely charge my electronicals. There were many rules though. And I didn't like my bed and bed linen. They have a nice bar which is always crowded with live music on everyday and good deals for beer and even a free drink every night for guests.

• 10th May 2013

Landhaus Hotel

Bern, Switzerland

It looks more like a hotel than a hostel. It's located in a beautiful place just by the river, with walking distance to old town. Staff were really friendly.

Reykjavik Backpackers

Reykjavik, Iceland

The Backpackers is a great hostel! Maybe the friendliest staff I've met in a hostel, excellent location, a great bar downstairs which offers a great happy hour deal and where you are able to easily interact with other backpackers and locals! Highly recommended.

• 27th Apr 2013

Hostel the Globe Center

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Fair hostel. But not so fun, rather a calm place. Good location and good facilities. Too expensive though, but so are most places in Amsterdam.

Legends

Rome, Italy

Next from the termini station, what gives you access to everywhere but is not in walking distances to places of interest. I usually like more hostels where you can have a nice time with the other guests, and in this place there's not much fun. Facilities are fair and clean. There's a stupid curfew between 10 and 15 which I think is an absurd.

• 28th Mar 2013

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

• 27th Mar 2013

Instant Groove! Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Great place, there was only me and my friend when we were there. Facilities are excellent. It's right above one of the most known clubs in Budapest, which is great, and therefore it's only recommended for those who intend to party. Staff was mostly very nice. The problem was in the morning I checked out when I wanted to get my deposit back - there wasn't anybody to help me there. Probably hidden sleeping. In the end I had to leave keys and towels at the reception and lost 2000 HUF.

• 13th Mar 2013

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Probably the most fancy hostel I've been to. Incredibly good value for money - it's like you were in a conventional hotel, sharing the room. Location is good, staff is good, there is the belushi bar downstairs as usual at a St. Christopher's... and as usual for St. Christopher's it's highly recommended! I don't recommend the breakfast though.

• 10th Mar 2013

Berlin, Germany

St. Christopher's is my favourite hostel and Berlin is my favourite city. Perfect combination.

• 8th Mar 2013

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Good hostel in a great city. Only problem is the fact that they don't have big lockers in the rooms.

• 23rd Nov 2012

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

A nice building, good atmosphere, excellent bathrooms, kitchen and breakfast, good bed, great staff, not expensive. The location is good. You have to walk a lot to some attractions (titanic belfast - 30 minutes) but it's quite close to others (ulster museum - 3 minutes). My only complaint are the lockers inside the rooms - they don't lock anything actually. There are some small lockers outside the rooms that could do it for your valuables only since most of them are really small.

• 21st Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Firstly i want to thank you for your compliments but I'm going to comment on security.Our security measures more than match the risk.Only 2 times this year since i began working here has someone complained about being robbed.A group booked out a dorm and one member of the group was robbed by another.We saw the guy go into the dorm on the security cameras around the time the cash went missing.I'm still not sure what happened with the other incident but it wasn't any fault connected with our security measures.There are big cages under most beds which can be locked and to my knowledge no one has ever lost anything out of these.Most people don't need to lock up their socks and if they can secure their valuables they are okay with that which we have adequate provision for and then some.Thanks for stopping by and if you ever pass this way again we hope to see you and we guarantee you will not be robbed (if you use the facilities provided)

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Great location, great staff, really cheap, amazing bedroom, individual curtains in the bed. Definetely recommend! The only thing missing are the lockers outside the rooms where we could keep our luggage safe after checking out, but it's just because they've just opened the place a few weeks ago.

• 14th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hello, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are happy you had a great time in our brand new hostel. We apologise for not being able to offer you lockers service, it was due to our recent opening. The improvements has been already made. We hope to see you soon, in Barcelona or any other St Christopher's Inn across Europe. Your St Christopher's Inn Team

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's always a good idea to stay in a St Christopher's. Would recommend!

• 24th Aug 2012

St Christopher's Village

The best hostel I've been to with regards to parties. If you wanna a place where you can meet people and have a nice time that's the right one! Toilets and bathrooms were ok, bed and room was ok. Wifi is free, but you can't get it in the room. Lockers were not secure enough, and you have to bring/buy your own padlock... but if you really want to make sure you stuff is secure you have to pay for the best lockers (not expensive though). Good location, staff was amazing. Definitely recommended!

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that you had a nice time and met new friends! We look forward to see you again :) St. Christopher's Village Team.

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Breakfast not included but can be purchased in the hostel, not expensive. You have to buy the padlocks to your locker, unless you bring one that fits in. Location is good, not far from the castle and other attractions - but I used to get lost in town everytime I went out. I had a problem, was stupid enough to lock the locker with both keys inside, and stuff was really friendly in helping me with this - using their own tools to break the locker and didn't charge me for that.

• 20th Jul 2012

Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Good place, good location, very secure and clean.

Hostel Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

An excellent hostel in a marvelous city!

• 11th Apr 2012

Black Cat Hostel

Asuncion, Paraguay

Great place, nice location, amazing people, interesting city!

• 19th Feb 2012