Reviews: inmemoriam8588

Location: France, Age: 28

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Staff is so helpful and kind. There's a lot of info in the hostel to keep you busy for weeks. Tips from real Tokyoites... I wanted to stay there forever. Will be back, for sure. Arigatou gozaimasu :)

Thank you very much for your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed stay in our hostel/ We are looking forward to see you again.

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The British owner is really friendly. This hostel gets what a hostel is supposed to be like. Lots of info in the main hall, cheap water bottles, good tips. The owner upgraded me free of charge because I arrived really early. I really enjoyed the walk he suggested. It took me the whole day and it was excellent! I just wish they would give out maps (even photocopies) to trace and follow the itinerary, instead of having to carry my Lonely Planet around. Will definitely come back! Thank you again!

• 25th Mar 2013

Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Cool hostel, met nice people in the room. We had one of the good rooms with AC. Sokna, the girl at reception, was a pearl. Didn't get to use the pool due to lack of time but the backyard seemed like a super cool place to hang out. Bike rental and convenience store 30 seconds away. The owner is a little grumpy and not really friendly. Apart from that, nice place to stay at.

• 22nd Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

The place to stay in Vientiane, in my opinion. Staff is super cool. Not enough showers for the whole hostel and internet was down more than once but all in all a pleasant place to stay, right in the center of town.

• 20th Mar 2013

Chaleun Garden

Vang Vieng, Laos

Good facilities, staff is helpful. Place a little hard to find due to lack of signs but it's right on the main road, couldn't be more central.

• 18th Mar 2013

Easy Go Hostel

Vang Vieng, Laos

Staff is excellent. Nice location with lots of food choices around the hostel. I loved the view, there is a nice patio to hang out at night. Each bed had a mosquito net so mosquito bites were not a problem. Individual lockers, pool table, drinks... It was a really nice place to hang out. I would come back again!

• 18th Mar 2013

Baanrimtaling Home Stay

Chiang Khong, Thailand

Nice and helpful staff. Free bike rental. Really pretty view. A few bugs but nothing major. I really enjoyed this place.

• 14th Mar 2013

Mojito Garden

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Too bad there are not outlets above every bed... Nice place, would likely come back.

• 13th Mar 2013

Wang Fat Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Would likely come back. Just a little expensive...

Alexandrie-Montréal

Montreal, Canada

Very nice staff, knowledgeable and accommodating. I see a great future for this hostel! Thank you and I will be back next time!

• 6th Feb 2013

C&N Backpackers Hostel

Vancouver, Canada

• 20th Jan 2013

Shanghai Dock Bund Hostel

Shanghai, China

Overall very satisfied with this hostel but I did find the "common room" a bit strange. It is a computer room with chairs and tables at each level. It was nice but a bit weird as we didn't really have a chance to meet people from other floors. Anyway, good beds, nice big lockers, nice showers and most of all, very good location!

• 25th Oct 2012

West Lake Youth House

Hangzhou, China

Excellent hostel with everything one needs. I do suggest going on to their website before coming in order to get more specific directions and see the pictures of the street around the place. I know it helped me a great deal to find the hostel. I would definitely stay there again next time I go to Hangzhou. Staff is very helpful and sweet. Good beds, good common area. Overall very satisfied!

• 24th Oct 2012

Enjoy Inn

Lijiang, China

Excellent place! Enjoyed a two-bed "dorm" for myself. Joy and Mr Li are wonderful. Joy really goes out of her way and cares that you will get to your next destination. I had missed my train to Kunming and she gave me 50 yuan out of her pocket so I could get a taxi to the train station. That's more than what I paid for the room! Just shows how truly a good person she is. In a nice area of town, but not far from the bus stop so you don't have to drag your bag for too long on the cobblestones.

• 13th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

Staff was excellent. Very helpful. Very big place with different hang-out areas. Rooms are high standard. I would definitely come back if I go back to Kunming!

• 9th Oct 2012

• 30th Sep 2012

Hostel 63

Duquesa Plaza

Granada, Spain

Extremely friendly staff. We booked a private room and it definitely felt more like a hotel. We did not meet any other guests. I'm sure it would have been different had we booked the dorm. Breakfast was excellent. Will definitely come back when I'm back in Granada!

• 6th Mar 2012

Hostel DACA

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Defintely the best hostel in Mostar! Tanja and Sadik came to pick us up at the station, which I thought was so nice since the hostel is not even far. Place felt so homely, there's space to put away your things; it's like sharing a big apartment. Location could not be better, 2 cheap supermarkets within a one-minute walk and old town just 30 seconds away. Tanja knows how to take care of her guests. She invited us for a Bosnian coffee and we finished with some homemade rakija. Will def come back!

• 30th Oct 2011

Old Sailor Apartments

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Romina has been such a good host to us, especially since her husband waited for us for 30 min at the bus station. The private room really felt like a private apartment. She will give you your privacy but is always there if you need something. Nice shower, fresh towels, awesome kitchen, space to put away your things, TV, maps... This guesthouse just cannot get any better. Thank you for your warm welcome and for making our stay so enjoyable. Now we know where to go when we go back to Dubrovnik.

• 28th Oct 2011

Hostel Ana

Split, Croatia

Ana's daughter was helpful. Not your typical hostel. You are left to do what you want. I had a good night's sleep and that's all that mattered that night!

• 27th Oct 2011

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Definitely one of those perfect German-like hostels but lacks a little bit of character. All in all, a very good hostel and I would probably stay there again next time I go to Stockholm.

• 26th Oct 2011
  • Globetrotter

Well, I'm half German myself, so I take that as a compliment! I definately think you should stay here next time you come to Stockholm. And when you do, please seek me out. I'd love to have a conference with you about ways to add more character to the hostel. Just ask to see me when you check in, and the reception staff will go and fetch me in the office. Cheers, Lena

Hikers Hostel Plovdiv

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Sonya, Velin and Nelly are wonderful hosts, right from the start, they were very friendly! This hostel had a lot of character and it was always nice to come "home" as the place made me think of a little French wooden cottage where it's warm and cosy after a long day outside. The rooms are atypical and it made it all the more charming. We really enjoyed our stay and it was kinda hard to leave. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 22nd Oct 2011

Interhostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Immaculate clean hostel. Very good if you are travelling with a friend or a group of friends, but not the right hostel to meet people. You have all the services you need, a little more personality would have been nice but I can't complain. Excellent location, staff is nice, kitchen has everything you need. I would come back.

Do Step Inn

Vienna, Austria

Very professional -

• 25th Oct 2010

The Downtown Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Different kind of hostel. I very much enjoyed it. It feels like home.

• 23rd Oct 2010

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

The staff was super helpful. They upgraded me to a bigger room free of charge. Everything was secure and clean. They let me borrow a travel book on Prague. They'll give you the info on everything you need to know. I honestly enjoyed it very much and wish I had stayed more than one night. I wanted to come back a week later, but ran out of time in my little European trip. Keep it up guys and thanks for everything!

• 21st Oct 2010

New York, USA

• 24th Jun 2010

Hostel Kankun

Cancun, Mexico

One of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) hostel I've stayed at. We arrived at 6am and the guy was very nice and gave us a room right away. This will be where I'll be staying next time I'm in Cancun...

• 24th Dec 2008