Reviews: busyfliss8700

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 35

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

This hostel is wonderful value for money. I was amazed that the free cooked breakfast turned out to be a choice of 5 different breakfast combo's including the "Full English" this sets you up for the day ahead perfectly!

• 22nd Oct 2013

Reggae Guest House

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I arrived at 12.40am to be greeted by a very friendly member of staff. The check in was quick, and the hostel as clean as my stay 3 weeks ago. Lovely breakfast, free internet, well run and thoroughly recommended especially to women travelling on thier own.

• 11th May 2011

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I booked one night in a 6 bed dorm, arrived to be told the price had risen from $5 to $7 within 24hrs of booking it online at $5. I was then shown to an 8 bed dorm. I went back to reception and was then shown to a 6 bed dorm. There is also a problem having the $10 key deposit returned if you check out early. Plenty of staff around, but they try and fob you off with not having access to the money. Talking to other guests, it appears this may be a racket to withold our $10 to keep themselves.

• 28th Apr 2011

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

There is no need to stay in a hostel in Siem Reap for $8 when guest houses are $10. Staff were not very friendly or helpful when asking about tours etc. Hostel is ok, but lots of drinking here which results in dorm disruption.

• 25th Apr 2011

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

My first stay was fine, helpful staff although when I checked out at 7am one morning, I had to wait 15 minutes to be given my $10 key deposit back. There was another key left on the reception desk. On my return visit I heard a number of stories about this happening and I suspect that their may be a racket going on to deliberately avoid returning the guest deposits. The website boasts 24hr reception, I saw little evidence of this.

• 23rd Apr 2011

Reggae Guest House

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very easy to find, lovely and clean, free tea and toast for breakfast.

• 22nd Apr 2011

For a new hostel, this has lots of potential, but it needs to work hard to obtain charm and character. Good for a night or two, needs to give more info to guests and a map would be nice as not everyone carries a guidebook. Also more detail on #27 bus would be good, it takes 45 minutes and it is tricky to know when you should get off. I was lucky and had someone who didn't speak English help me. Likewise on the return to airport, bus doesn't drop off where it picks up.

Space Hotel

Melbourne, Australia

This is a great place to stay in Melbourne, the rooms are really modern - to have a dimmable bedside light is positively awesome!

Hi Felicity, Glad you enjoyed your stay! thanks for your response, Emily

Holiday House Abelia

Bergamo, Italy

Fabrizio\'s English was excellent. Arranging to be picked up from the airport made my stay very straightforward, even after my flight was delayed. Mauricio was very attentive and I would recommend this guesthouse to anyone travelling alone.