Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Rumblefish Adventure Inn

Phuket, Thailand

Great little hostel that is part of a larger Dive school, however you don't have to go diving to stay there (I didn't). Staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms are nice, and there is even a tv area where you can play DVDs etc. For somewhere snall that is really chill and near the beach and shops, I definitely recommend!

• 26th Nov 2013

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Best place I've stayed at in Asia so far, rooms are clean and well set out. Beds are big and have a huge pull out locker/draw that will fit a backpack/suitcase underneath. Showers are hot, there's free shampoo and body wash, and hairdryers! It even has laundry facilities and clothes lines! Staff are very helpful and most will go out of their way to help. The two bars at the hostel are also good. Location in Krabi town is also good - close to everything including night markets.

• 23rd Nov 2013

Spicytao Backpackers

Koh Tao, Thailand

The people and atmosphere at this hostel is what makes it really enjoyable. Facilities are average - there are only cold showers and the location is a bit of a walk out of the main Sairee beach, especially in the dark at night but most people who go there know this. There is always movies playing out in the social area and they often have special meals night so it's easy to meet people which is great.

• 21st Nov 2013

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Cute little hostel out of the hustle and bustle of the main part of Bangkok (Khao San etc) yet still central enough to walk to places like MBK centre. Its right next to subway line so easily accessed from the airport too.Everyone at the hostel was really nice and it's very easy to meet new people. Hostel was clean and had good facilities. My only gripe - the air con above my bed dripped on me during the night. Overall great place though!

• 11th Nov 2013

FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai, Thailand

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Thailand. Rooms are so nicely laid out, bathrooms are nice an you get free shampoo/conditioner! Staff are very friendly and helpful, nice atmosphere. Not too far to walk to night market and main part of town, although it can be a little confusing at first. Overall highly recommend.

• 29th Oct 2013

Central Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

Great atmosphere, clean rooms and good location. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm. The beds were a bit hard bit that's been my experience in Laos in most places. The wifi was a bit patchy depending on how many people were using it. As with most places there was no locks on the door but there were big lockers in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend to the budget traveller

• 23rd Oct 2013

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

My stay at the hostel was great! The staff, especially Dave, are all amazing and very helpful. There is only one dorm but I had no trouble meeting people. The rooms were clean and the free breakfast was delicious! The only thing I could suggest is a door on the dorm room itself (although large lockers are provided). Thanks! :)

• 21st Oct 2013

The Hive Backpackers' Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Stayed here for 3 nights. Overall it was ok although staff didn't seem to have much of a clue as to who was staying there - for the first night one of the Indian guys in our dorm had his friend sleep over on the lounge. This same friend wandered around the hostel and ate free breakfast with the staff not batting an eyelid until someone notified them. Location was ok, close to subway but not right on the city. Ok for meeting people, although an elderly resident there constantly hogged the tv

• 28th Sep 2013

Thanks dear for the comment. We apologize for the hogging of TV by one our guest. Nothing much we could do about it. The lounge and facilities are free for all. It is hard for our staff to know every guest as the place is huge. =) We will try our best to up our service for a better stay.