Piratas de Ipanema Guesthouse, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4.9
17th Aug 2013

It is not that it is not too clean, it is really dirty and messy. "if you don't like to wash dishes, don't use them" - the sink was full of dirty dish, the trash cans were full all the time and seemed like they were never emptied out. Cranky and noise floor, unsafe stairs. Water in the shower was hot, which was great, but the bathroom was cold so the after shower was bad on the winter days... BUT... very cheap and wonderful location, few minutes away from Copa, Ipanema, Arpoador, Lagoa...

La Brisa Loca, Santa Marta, Colombia
7.7
16th Jul 2013

Hostel Bekuo San Jose, San Jose, Costa Rica
10th Oct 2011

Fun, caring staff. Made sure I was always OK, were always willing to help with my enquiries. I needed a nice place to go for a run and the recommended Centro Deportivo de la Universidad de CR was great and not too far. Taxi booked was def. not on "tico time", I thought I could book a bit earlier than I really needed to be safe but the driver showed up 15 minutes earlier! Easy access to main sights downtown (about 15 minutes walk). There is no doubt I won't stay anywhere else when back to Chepe.