Reviews: zettiness

Location Latvia,

Night & Day Hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
28th Jun 2016

A little great one-flat hostel -- a bit cramped but the layout is interesting and I've stayed at worse. Definitely good value for money, considering the central location. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

Gogol Park Hostel, Riga, Latvia
16th Mar 2016

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Although off season, the price was really decent for a private room, especially considering it was en suite, had a small fridge in it and even a hair dryer, which should not be underestimated in the winter time! The heating was adequate, wifi internet fast enough, staff friendly and helpful, and the place was pretty damn quiet. Upstairs you have a kitchen with larger fridge and microwave over -- and you can also play some chess there :)

Liels paldies! Thanks a lot. it would be nice to see you again among our guests :-))

City Hostel, Inverness, Scotland
5.7
28th Jul 2015

This place appeared to be one of those holes that you really stay as a last resort, which we did. My friends stayed in a twin room while I was in dorm with 5 other guys. The window above my top bunk wouldn't close properly, and I found water (hopefully that's what it was!) in my bed. The twin room was perhaps even worse -- the beds were worn out, it was cramped, no furniture whatsoever, poor internet reception etc..

City Center Hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
7.7
1st Mar 2014

This must have been the noisiest place I ever stayed as the walls seemed to be made out of paper -- you could hear the faintest noise from the adjoining rooms as well as hallway (and there were guests arriving after midnight and even some cleaning going on during the night). Other than that mostly positives: nice staff, central location right next to Maidan Nezalezhnosti, clean room, late check-out -- a minor gripe about the shower which is difficult to use due to lack of space for undressing.

• Latvia, Couple, 25-30
7.7
12th Dec 2013

We were actually moved to Urbis Hotel just next street, so the scores are for that one.. Everything went smooth with the new location although we never met the owner or receptionist of Rome Metropolitan Guesthouse during our stay. I just texted him as we touched down in Rome and was told about the relocation, tried to call once we were at the hotel but there was poor English understanding over the phone. Nevertheless, we just went in and found out we were booked.

• Latvia, All Male Group, 25-30
International Budget Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8.0
28th Nov 2013

The location is great, staff was friendly, free wifi all over the place, clean sheets, nice smoking room.. On the flipside, shower was broken and wasn't working (a temporary problem obviously), and there were some mice spotted in our room which I guess somewhat inevitable being in an old building next to canal. There was a black cat though, so probably he is keeping them mice under control :)

• Latvia,
The Golden Eagle Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
6.7
19th Jan 2009

The Hostel was closed because of a problem with hot water.. Those news got sent to us by SMS in last minute so unfortunately we didn\'t receive this information. We managed to reach someone on the supplied phone number who came to pick us up and led to another hostel managed by the same company. Therefore my votes apply to the replacement hostel which was actually a fairly nice place!