Reviews: wallywombat6219

Several reviews reported the lack of curtains and decor.......true ! It feels like a newly built apartment block waiting for tenants. There was no television in either the bedroom or common room so you would'nt want to stay in ! The good bit is that it was quiet at night, beds comfortable, very helpful staff, good location just a short walk from the station ( it is easy to find despite some comments ).

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

Along with all the other rave reviews of the Oki Doki I totally agree it is Shangri-La. Easy to find from the railway station, close to the Old Town and museums, lots going on in the bar and reception area yet quiet enough upstairs if sleeping.... breakfast was spot on, staff friendly, appropriate decoration, wifi & computers functionable.......pity the people staying at Hiltons, Marriotts and Radissons !

Hotel Pension Dalila

Fez, Morocco

iA very good location at the edge of the Medina so it was easy to get to. The guys runnng the pension were extremey helpful and friendly.

Riad Zahraa

Meknes, Morocco

The Riad is very beautiful but to get through the Medina you need a guide, but don't trust people who offer to show the way.......they often demand money agressively. I figured the way after 5 or 6 attempts. The staff were most unwelcoming, which is most unusual in Morroco. The girl was very helpful when we asked for something however. Breakfast was ok, but orange squash is not acceptable when everyone else gives freshly squeezed juice:

Hotel Astrid

Casablanca, Morocco

As per previous comments, this is a remarkable find.......very quiet at night yet right around the corner from busy streets. Not mentioned previously is that you can get the tram from Casa Voyagers to the Place Universals and walk up the 400M to the hotel. Price 7 Dirham. Breakfast was the best of all the places I stayed, fres juice, boiled egg, yoghurt, croissant and breads.

Hotel Riad El Kennaria

Marrakech, Morocco

Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Location really is just 2 minutes from the main square. Quiet at night too.........I just wish it had a bar on the roof !

HI Lá em Casa Hostel

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

I'm glad I took a taxi from the bus station because it was dark when I arrived and I always struggled to find my way even after a few days. Belo Horizonte is'nt a ptetty city ( yes, city !) but it's a good staging post to go to the old mining towns of Ouro Preto ( 90 mins by bus )and Marinella. Noise was my issue: a cockrell crowed from 4AM and there were occasional trains from the track 300M away.On top of that the weekend revellers partied to the early hours.Maybe it was a one off....

Kariok Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The location is the best- just 250M from the Metro in a quiet side street in a good area. The whole hostel was in good decorative order,very clean & could serve people travelling on business. The breakfast was brilliant - plenty of fruit, juices, bread, jam,ham, cheese, coffee......the only problem I had was that my room had windows above the door that let the light in from the coridor all night

GIDIC Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

Close to the tram stop and easy to pick up the #2 bus to the airport. The communal lounge area was a good location to meet people and watch TV on the giant flat screen TV. Close to local shops, bars yet quiet at night ( I had a single room to myself ). Hire a bike and cycle up the coast road. I really enjoyed myself.

Babushka House

St Petersburg, Russia

Babushka could be a base for a business visit, it's that smart & clean, but I also found it difficult to socialise despite a small seating area and TV by the door. The breakfast was just perfect, staff very helpful, quiet at night. I had a major problem with mosquitos however:- it was so warm that I left the window ajar so they bit me all over my face & arms - horrible ! This wo'nt be a problem after summer though.

Capital Hostel

Moscow, Russia

The location was extraordinary - just 10 minutes walk to Redsquare, restaurants and the metro. It also felt like a second home, we even got a bowl of apples & pears from their Dacha.

Cordoba 4 Beds Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

By far the most fun place in my trip so far.Small lounge/dining area ensured everyone talked.Not much in Cordoba ( museums closed whatever time you got there ).

Hotel Arapey

Montevideo, Uruguay

Actually good value since you get a good sized room and bed, seperate bathroom, own tv but a hotel is not a place to meet people and so I´d prefer a hostel.Good location although streets a night a little worrying.Someone previously said the hotel was ´dusty´but I disagree, it is just old ( 20´s ).