Reviews: malanke

Location: Ukraine, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Our stay in Marrakech was above expectations. The location is great as subway station is literally beneath the hotel and central park is just 5 min jogging away. Yet the neighborhood is quiet and nice, which allows for a good night sleep after a crazy rhythm of an NYC day. The most pleasant surprise was a great variety and quality of restaurants on Amsterdam avenue nearby. The facilities and staff of the hotel were good and we didn't have anything to complain about.

Hotel Euromadrid

Madrid, Spain

When I entered this hotel and looked around the first word that came to my mind was "pathetic". Dimly lit reception area looked as if nothing was changed there since 1990s. The receptionist guy sitting there had very sad eyes probably because his computer was even older. So I was preparing myself for the worst in my room. However everything turned out to be not so bad. The room was good. Daily room service was excellent. Even the receptionist guy ended up being very friendly and helpful.

• 19th Feb 2011

Hotel Abril

Seville, Spain

One day before arrival to Seville I got email from hotel Abril saying that due to technical problems they are obliged to move my reservation to another hotel nearby. I was a bit disappointed initially but the hotel they moved me into turned out to be a great experience. It's called Abanico. The reception was extremely friendly, the building and the room are ancient but very well maintained and the breakfast was nice.

• 19th Feb 2011

Melon District Marina

Barcelona, Spain

Overall I enjoyed staying here. The buildings and furniture are brand new, everything is in minimalistic style. My private double room was tiny but very ergonomic. Internet by cable works alright. Staff is helpful and friendly. Located in 5 minutes walking distance from Marina metro station, 20 minutes walking from downtown. The only thing I would improve is add a room service at least once a week, because during my 7-night stay I had to use the same 2 towels and 2 one-time shampoos.

• 12th Feb 2011

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel

San Francisco, USA

This is a nice place. Located just 2 blocks from Union Square, with decent free breakfast and free Wi-Fi. The only thing that I didn't quite like was that although I booked a "single private" in Adelaide, in fact I got a room in Dakota hotel which is kind of Adelaide's partner just round the corner. But this made going to breakfast a little inconvenient. So think they should have a note about that in their description.