Reviews: christianveldtrup6076

The Clarence Park, Toronto, Canada
29th Dec 2014

The Clarence Park is a very nice place to stay! I stayed there already many times and there is no other place for me to stay when I am in Toronto. Everything is very clean and cosy and very well equipped! The staff is very friendly and helpful and there are spacious rooms with very comfortable beds! I can highly suggest to other travellers to stay at The Clarence Park! It is also very convenient located in Downtown Toronto. There is also a very nice Café in French style with very delicious food!

Hostel Ka'beh Cancun, Cancun, Mexico
13th Dec 2014

Very nice hostel and really nice, friendly and helpful staff! Really great people!!! That's why I stayed in the hostel already 3 times. It is close to everything and if I return to Cancun I will stay at Kabeh Hostel again. That's why I can also recommend it to other travelers!

22nd Nov 2014

Mango Hotel is a very nice place to stay with a nice garden and swimming pool. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly. The atmosphere is very relaxed and everything is in good condition. I will stay at Mango Hotel again when I return to Tulum and I will recommend it to other travelers!

Hostel Van Gogh, San Jose, Costa Rica
4th Sep 2014

Hostel Van Gogh is a very nice place to stay! It is very clean, safe and quite! The good thing is that it is not a party hostel. The bed I slept was really comfortable and the house is cosy. The owner David has a lot of knowledge about San Jose and of Costa Rica in general as well. He gives useful travel advise and he is very friendly. The hostel is also very convinient located and I met also very nice people to talk with! If I return to San Jose I'll stay there again because I had a good time!!

we are very happy that everything was Good!! thank you and remember this is your house, you are welcome always!!!

Hostel Villa Vento Surf, Panama City, Panama
30th Jul 2014

Hostel Villa Vento Surf is a very nice place to stay and just to relax. The staff is very friendly and gives useful advises. The hostel is very clean with comfortable beds. The atmosphere is good as well. The hostel is also very good located in a safe area where you have shopping malls and restaurants nearby. I had a good time here and that's why I can recommend it to other travelleres as well. If I return to Panama-City I'll definately stay at Hostel Villa Vento Surf again because I enjoyed it!

El Viajero San Andres Hostel & Suites, San Andres Island, Colombia
26th Jul 2014

The Dreamer, Palomino, Colombia
16th Jul 2014

Dreamer Hostel in Palomino is a very nice hostel and close to the beach. The staff is very helpful and friendly. If you just want to relax on the beach it is perfect there. There are also nice rivers nearby so you have the choice to swim in the sea or in the river. The hostel also have a swimming-pool and therefore you can chill out there as well! If I return to Palomino I will definately stay at the Dreamer Hostel again because I had a good time there! I recommend it to other travellers!!!

The Dreamer Hostel, Santa Marta, Colombia
10th Jul 2014

Dreamer Hostel in Santa Marta is a very nice place to stay! Especially the staff is super friendly and helpful!! They are very motivated and they enjoy to work there!! They know the names of all the guests and that is almost 5-star hotel service!!! The staff gives also very useful advises! The rooms are nice and clean with comfortable beds! It's a good place just to relax and to chill out! When I return to Santa Marta I will stay at the Dreamer Hostel again because I had a very brilliant there!

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel, Cartagena, Colombia
7.4
1st Jul 2014

Geo Hostel, Medellin, Colombia
25th Jun 2014

Geo Hostel is a really very nice place to stay. The rooms are very clean and spacious! The beds are very comfortable and there are many toilets available. In many hostels are not enough bathrooms! The staff is very friendly and gives useful advises. All the people who work and stay there are very nice people! If I return to Medellin I definately stay at Geo Hostel again and therefore I can highly recommend it to other travellers! The location is perfect and it's not a party hostel!

Iguana, Cali, Colombia
20th Jun 2014

Iguana is a nice place to stay in Cali. It's clean and friendly with a nice atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and helpful especially Alex. It's nice and quite and fortunately not a noisy party hostel. When I return to Cali I'll stay at Iguana again because I had a good time there and that's why I can recommend it to other travelers as well!

Princesa Maria, Banos, Ecuador
12th Jun 2014

Princesa Maria is really a very nice place to stay and I really enjoyed my stay over there. The sleeping room was really big with a comfortable bed and everything was very clean. The owner is very friendly and helpful and gives useful advises about the area. It is also very cosy there. If I return to Banos I will definitely stay at Princesa Maria again because I had a good time over there. That's why I can highly recommend it to other travellers as well!

Manso Boutique Guesthouse, Guayaquil, Ecuador
1st Jun 2014

Loki del Mar, Mancora, Peru
28th May 2014

Hotel San José, Piura, Peru
27th May 2014

Hotel San Jose is a very nice place to stay. The room was nice and the bed comfortable. It was very clean as well and convinient located. The hotel staff is also very friendly and helpful. If I return to Piura I'll definately stay at Hotel San Jose again. Therefore I can highly recommend it to other travellers as well!

24th May 2014

20th May 2014

In Backpackers Family House is the staff very good because they give very useful advises. The location is perfect in Miraflores close to the sea. There are also lots of Restaurants nearby and everything is really convinient. If I return to Lima I'll stay at Backpackers Family House again because I had a good time there!

La Posada del Kuraka, Arequipa, Peru
15th May 2014

La Posada del Kuraka is really a very nice place to stay!! Jose is an excellent host and very friendly!!! He can give very useful advises and gives the people over there a very warm and friendly Welcome! Jose is really a very nice and warm hearted person! The Posada is convinient located close to all the tourist attractions! The rooms are clean, cosy and comfortable! If we come back to Arequipa we definately stay at La Posada del Kuraka again because we had a great time there and it's fantastic!

Camino Real Turistico, Puno, Peru
11th May 2014

Camino Real Turistico is a very nice place to stay! Actually we wanted to stay longer but unfortunately the Hotel was already fully booked. The manager was very helpful and organised a room for us in a similar hotel. The location was perfect for both hotels and the staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and the rooms are big and clean! If we stay in Puno again we would stay at Camino Real Turistico again because we had a good time and therefore we can recommend it to others also

Hotel Fuentes, La Paz, Bolivia

Hotel Fuentes, La Paz, Bolivia
28th Apr 2014

Hostal CasArte Takubamba, Sucre, Bolivia
25th Apr 2014

Nice hostel with friendly staff and a cosy garden. Good atmosphere and cool people!

Casa de Huespedes La Vicuña, Potosi, Bolivia
23rd Apr 2014

22nd Apr 2014

Hostal Campo Base, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
11th Apr 2014

Hostal Campo Base is a very nice place to stay and one of the best ones in San Pedro de Atacama! It's very clean and the beds in the rooms are really comfortable. The breakfast is very good with a ig choice of different food and drinks. They cook even scrambled eggs and pancakes for you! Sintia who works on the reception is extremely friendly and helpful!! She invested a lot of time to help me!!! If I return to San Pedro de Atacama I'll definately stay at Campo Base again because I enjoyed it!!!

Hostel in Salta, Salta, Argentina
8th Apr 2014

Hostel in Salta is a very nice place to stay and to relax.

Lagares Hostel, Mendoza, Argentina
5th Apr 2014

Lagares Hostel is a very nice hostel to stay because they have very friendly and helpful staff and the breakfast is also very nice. The rooms are spacious with very big lockers. You can even put your big backpacks in the locker which is very good. There have also enough bathrooms. So you don't need to wait to long for a bathroom if you need it. The hostel is also very convinient located. It's just a few minutes walk to the main street. If I return to Mendoza I would stay at Lagares again. Sure!!

3rd Apr 2014

Excellent hostel! One of the best in South America for me so far! I stayed there 3 times in total and I would stay there for the forth time if I return to Santiago! There is no better place in Santiago for sure!!! Very good staff, clean rooms with comfortable beds, nice breakfast, huge terrace and nice and spacious lounge where you can read books and watch movies. It's also very convinient located in Providencia where you can find many restaurants and bars. Backpackers: Go to H Rado Hostel!!

Kona Tau, Easter Island, Chile
30th Mar 2014

It's a very nice hostel with friendly staff! It's a good place to chill out because everything is very peaceful!

28th Mar 2014

It's a very good and professional hostel! The staff is very helpful and friendly. I'll always stay at Rado Hostel when I'm in Santiago because the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean and the staff is really great. The breakfast is also very good. That's why H Rado hostel is really a very good place to stay. You'll not regret to stay here and I can highly recommend it!!!

Angel Hostal, Valparaiso, Chile
25th Mar 2014

This hostel is overrated. I was disappointed because 1 shower for so many people is not enough. There are also only 2 toilets! I booked a 3 bed dorm but they put an other bed in the room and they didn't give a discount. There is no suitable room where you can have breakfast. There are just a few sofas in front of the sleeping room doors. There is not enough space for having a comfortable breakfast. Actually the breakfast is served there until 11 AM but at once at 10:30 they removed everything!!!

yeah you´re right ! we are building downstairs tables and new spaces for our spaces too!. The person who stay in your room ask me personally to me (the owner) if i have available another bed... we removed breakfast if everyone take breakfast ! Auf Wiedersehen.. and enjoy your trip !

22nd Mar 2014

H Rado Hostel is a very clean hostel with very comfortable beds. The staff is very helpful and friendly and can give very useful advises about Santiago and other onward journeys. They serve also a very nice breakfast in a very personal style. Sometimes you get even scrabbled eggs for breakfast. I'll definately stay at H Rado Hostel again when I return to Santiago because I had a good time over there. That's why I can recommend it to other travellers to stay at H Rado Hostel because it is good!!!

Chili Kiwi Lakefront, Pucon, Chile
18th Mar 2014

Chili Kiwi Lakefront is really a very good hostel with great staff and a very good atmosphere! The hostel is clean and cosy and there are always good tours to join or barbeque. You get the feeling that the staff really likes to work there because they are super friendly and helpful! Especially Keira from Australia is really brilliant helpful and super friendly. If I return to Pucon I would definately stay in that hostel again and I'll recommend it to other travellers as well cause it was great!

Green House Hostels, Bariloche, Argentina
14th Mar 2014

Margouya Patagonia, Puerto Varas, Chile
10th Mar 2014

It's avery nice house made of wood in an old style. The house is very cosy and there are comfortable beds. I never slept in such a comfortable hostel bed. If I return to Puerto Varas I would stay there again and I would recommend it to other travellers as well.

Hospedaje Vista al Mar, Puerto Montt, Chile
7th Mar 2014

Hospedaje Vista al Mar is a very nice place to stay!!! It is very clean and the family who owns the Guesthouse is really very friendly. The breakfast is also very good with a very big choice of lots of different kind of food. The rooms are very cosy as the whole atmosphere there. This family really cares about their guests and they can give you lots of useful advises for other trips in the area. You feel like beeing a member of the family. If I return to P. Montt I definately stay there again!!!

Hostal Lili-Patagonicos, Puerto Natales, Chile
3rd Mar 2014

It's a very clean hostel with very comfortable beds. I never slept in a hostel in better beds! The breakfast is also very nice and the staff is very friendly. If I return to Puerto Natales I'll stay at Lili-Patagonicos again and I'll recommend it to other travellers as well!

Cruz del Sur Hostel, Ushuaia, Argentina
24th Feb 2014

Cruz del Sur Hostel has nice staff and the breakfast is good. I stayded at the Cruz del Sur Hostel for 3 days. If I return to Ushuaia I would stay there probably again. It's nice there but all the strict rules signs everywhere disturb a bit the atmosphere. If they change this strict rules it would be the perfect place to feel comfortable. Anyway I had a good time there and met nice people and if somebody asked me for accommodation in Ushuaia I would than mention this hostel to other travellers!!

Pocitos Hostel, Montevideo, Uruguay
23rd Feb 2014

Pocitos Hostel is a very nice place to stay because I stayed there twice. The atmosphere is really nice without stress and the people who stay there are very nice. The staff (Daniela) is also very friendly and helpful and able to give useful advises around the highlights of Montevideo and Uruguay. The breakfast is very nice and they have a nice garden to chill out. If I return to Montevideo again I would stay at Pocitos Hostel again because I enjoyed my stay there and I'll recomend it to others!

Hostel de la Viuda, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
20th Feb 2014

Hostel de la Viuda is so far the best hostel I stayed in South America! The staff is very friendly and helpful and they really give you the feeling that they want that you enjoy your stay there! There is a nice garden with a tower to have nice views around the area. They also have a swimming-pool, table-football, billiard and you can also rent bikes there. If I come back to Punta del Diablo I'll definately stay at the Hostel de la Viuda again and therefore I can highly recommend it to others

El Viajero - Brava Beach Hostel & Suites, Punta del Este, Uruguay
19th Feb 2014

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
17th Feb 2014

I stayed only 1 night and it was nice. They have a very nice breakfast and the rooms are clean. The staff is very friendly but they could have more bathrooms because there is only one in the hostel! Anyway if I return to Colonia I'll stay there again!

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
3rd Feb 2014

Nice place to stay. The breakfast is nice and the Friday barbecue is also great. The rooms are clean and are cleaned daily professional. The staff is friendly and gives a lot of useful advises. When I return to Buenos Aires I will stay at America del Sur Hostel again because I enjoyed my time there. That's why I can recommend it to other travellers as well!

Tucano House Backpackers B&B, Florianopolis, Brazil
20th Jan 2014

Iguassu Guest House, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
16th Jan 2014

Iguassu Guest House is far the best hostel I have ever stayed in Brazil!!! The hostel is very clean, the breakfast is huge with so many choices of fresh food, the staff is really very friendly and they give you very useful advises. There is even a nice swimmingpool und a bar there. The location is really great because it is a short walking distance to the bus station and the big supermarket. I can highly recommend to stay at Iguassu Guest House! Once agian it is far the best hostel in Brazil

Jericoacoara Hostel - TIROL, Jericoacoara, Brazil
6th Jan 2014

Tirol Hostel is a really very nice place to stay and I really enjoyed my time over there. It´s very clean and the rooms are nice. It´s very well located and the owner gives a lot of informations and useful advises. He also speakes many languages and if you can´t speak Portugese he can help you. If I return to Jericoacoara I would definately stay at the Tirol Hostel again because I had a great time there. That´s why I can highly recommend it to other travellers! The breakfast is also nice!

Barra Guest Hostel, Salvador, Brazil
24th Dec 2013

Barra Guest Hostel is really very nice to stay! The people who work there are very friendly and helpful and it´s really a cool atmosphere. It´s very realaxed and chilled out. It´s not far to the beach and to the historic centre of Pelourinho is only a short bus ride. The breakfast is amazing with lots of delicious food and really huge varity of all yummy tastes of Bahia. If I return to Salvador I´ll definately stay at Barra Guest Hostel again and therefore I can highly recommend it to others

Thank you very much, it was a pleasure to have you here during Xmas and New Eve's. Barra Guest Hostel began 2014 with such nice guests!!! We're all very happy that you could see and recognize the effort we make to show not only the what to do and where to go but part of the local flavours. We do hope you come back!!! Nice travels!!! :)

Biergarten Hostel, Ilha Grande, Brazil
16th Dec 2013

Biergarten Hostel is really a very nice place to stay because the owner is really friendly and helpful. The hostel is really very clean and the breakfast is also very good. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. It is for sure one of the best hostels I stayed so far in Brazil and I can highly recommended to other travellers as well. If I return to Ilha Grande I definately stay at the Biergarten Hostel again because I really had a good time over there!

Backpackers House Paraty, Paraty, Brazil
13th Dec 2013

Discovery Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4th Dec 2013

It is a very nice hostel with really good beds and very clean. There are cool people there and the staff is very helpful and gives useful informations. I would recommend it to other travellers as well and when I return to Rio de Janeiro I will stay there again because I enjoyed my stay there.

The Mountain House Pokhara, Pokhara, Nepal
7th Jun 2013

The Mountain House in Pokhara is a good place to stay because there are very big rooms with very comfortable beds and very clean bathrooms. It's very convinient located in a quite area just a 2 minutes walk to the main road where you can find lots of restaurants and shops. I can recommend to stay there because it's also safe and the brakfast was also very good there. If I return to Pokhara I would probably stay there again because I had a good time there and the owners gave me useful advises!

Elbrus Home, Kathmandu, Nepal
4th Jun 2013

Six Degrees, Jakarta, Indonesia
3rd Mar 2013

SixDegrees is really a great place to stay and probably the best reason for a trip to Jakarta. It's very clean and good situated. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they can give very useful advises. The facilities are excellent and the hostel offers a very good price - value offer. If I would return to Jakarta one day again I would definately stay at SixDegrees again and therefore I can highly recommend to other travellers. Because it's a good place to chill out and just relax!

BoA Travel House, Seoul, South Korea
27th Feb 2013

Honestly I can say only good things about Boa Guesthouse! It's very clean and very well situated. The staff is very friendly and helpful especially the 2 sisters (daughters of the owner) on the reception! They are really kind and they gave me a very warm Welcome! They have also lots of knowledge about the highlights of Seoul and they gave me lots of useful advises! The bed was very comfortable and for sure one of the best one I slept in lately! The entire team of Boa Guesthouse is really great!

Hi~ Thank you very much for warm review. How's your laptop? Hope it works well :) It was so sad i could not say goodbye to you directly.TT_TT Hope you made great memories in Seoul and BoA. See you again!

Sanya Backpackers, Sanya, China
25th Jun 2012

I had a very nice time at Sanya Backpackers! The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and spacious, the food is nice for reasonable prices and it's only a 3 minutes walk to the beach. Unfortunately I had just 3 days in Sanya because I had already a very big travel program. After seeing so many sight-seeing highlights in China it was really great just to relax for a few days and the Sanya Backpackers is a perfect place to chill. I highly recommend to stay at Sanya Backpackers!

Kyoto Guest House, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
7.4
23rd Jun 2012

Das Hostel war okay auch wenn das Zimmer wirklich sehr klein war, aber das ist wohl ueblich in der Gegend um Nathan Road. Es ist ein sehr grosses Gebaeude, wo mehrere Gaestehaeuser untergebracht werden. Beim Eingang wird man immer von Leuten belaestigt, die nach Backpackern Ausschau halten um irgendwelche meistens schaebige Hostels anzudrehen. Es empfieht sich, die Buchung vorher durchzufuehren, zumal einige Gaestehaeuser relativ schnell ausgebucht sind. Alles in Allem war das Kyoto G-Haus okay!

Vielen Dank f�r Ihr Feedback und Ihre Kommentare. Bitte empfehlen Kyoto Guest House, um Ihre Familie, Freunde und Kollegen, wenn sie in Hongkong zu besuchen. (Via Google translate)

The Phoenix, Shanghai, China
17th Jun 2012

Sehr gute Lage und alles war bequem erreichbar. Es gibt eine Dachterasse mit Bar und eine sehr freundliche Bar-Mitarbeiterin. Wer Tiere gern hat, kann sich auch an den Kaninchen und de3n Wellensittichen erfreuen. Im Grossen und Ganzen ist das Phoenix empfehlenswert.

365 Inn, Beijing, China
13th Jun 2012

Very good place!!!

Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
22nd Oct 2011

Lavender Lodge is a very nice place to stay with very friendly owners. They're very helpful and they give very useful informations. The hostel is also very clean and it's a good place to relax. I can highly recommend to stay at Lavender Lodge and when I return to Kota Kinabalu I'll stay at Lavender Lodge again.

Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat, Sandakan, Malaysia
21st Oct 2011

This hostel - sorry, of course paradise!! - is far the best budget place I've been on my Borneo-trip!!! Really cool place in the jungle with nice chalets with a lot of charme and character. There is also a free shuttle bus to the Orang Utan Center. Nicky is very friendly and easy going and gives very useful advises. It's just a shame that I could stay just for 1 night at Paganakan Dii but I didn't have more days left. I can recommend to stay at Paganakan. It's just great - like the Orang Utans!!

Kinabalu Mountain Lodge, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
19th Oct 2011

Nice location, very quite with rustic and romantic charme. Building a bit old and in the night very cold. There is also mostly just cold water for a shower. The views from the balcony are nice. Friendly staff. Therefore: Escape to the nature!

Masada Backpacker, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
9.0
16th Oct 2011

Masada Backpacker is a very nice place to stay with very friendly people/staff and very clean facilities. I stayed for 3 nights and would have been staying there even longer but I had time pressure. I can really recommend to stay at Masada Backpacker. It's also good located and everything is reachable in walking distance. Therefore there is no reason to hesitate to book your bed in this hostel. Just stay at Masada Backpackers

Castle House, Goa, India
20th Jun 2011

I had a very nice time at Castle House! The staff is very friendly and helpful and the food is excellent! I've been in many restaurants in Calangute and the food at Castle House is one of the best! For sure! Dave the owner gives also very useful advises for activities, going out and restaurants. He is also very honest because when I paid my bill I gave 1.000 Rupees to much. Some other people would just take it but he gave it straight back to me. Respect! I recommend staying at Castle House/Goa!

• Germany,
Clarence Castle, Toronto, Canada
28th Sep 2009

Honestly and doubtless far the best hostel in Toronto and even in entire North America!It's almost an insult to call CC just a hostel because it deserves 5 * & I would call it One of the Leading Hostels of the World! I would not hesitate to give satisfaction points to CC of 150% instead of 100% `cause I really had a home feeling!This flagship of hostels is well equiped,clean,safe,great located,comfy! The Castle team is very friendly & helpful & they'll be pleased to Welcome you!

• Germany,
Classic Inn Budget Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9.3
29th Mar 2009

Very friendly and hardworking staff! When do they sleep? Useful advises for next travel destinations! Also very comfortable beds! Would go back again if I return to Kuala Lumpur!