Reviews: asmall17

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

What a great value for money considering the location! Had a bit of a mixup at check-in but other than that, the stay was nice. Wow the showers are HOT, during our stay the cold water didn't work in the showers. The bathrooms/shower rooms were kind of clean, I've definitely seen better. Overall it was a good stay.

The only thing this hostel has going for it is the location, that's literally it! It was in the 80's when we were visiting and humid so my group was happy about the a/c. Another room ended up flipped the breaker off to the a/c (and all ventilation) to the entire complex. I asked the girl at the front desk to please help and she seemed irritated that I would have pulled her away from the group of friends she had visiting her. I came up a 2nd time and they were all talking about me, really nice!

• 9th Jan 2014

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The overall stay was good but the hostel really is far away from the city center. Brussels is a large city so I definitely recommend purchasing a 10-ride pass if you will be there for a few days, it will get you to the hostel with ease. The hostel is located very close to the metro but is in a slightly dodgy area. The bar was fantastic with great chances and an opportunity to try many Belgium beers. The bartender is excellent! Also, breakfast was good and it's a great hostel to meet new friends.

• 21st Dec 2012

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Luxembourg was a great surprise. The hostel is located directly next to a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The surrounding areas are just magnificent. I was getting ill when we arrived so I asked if we could change our room to a private. The staff assisted me in changing my reservation and it was only an extra 10 EUR a night for a 4-bed dorm for two people which was great value for money. The food in the hostel is fantastic! Try the daily special, definitely a good value for money.

Great hostel overall but shady in the way wi-fi is advertised as free. You get free slow wi-fi for 2 hours or so which is good for Facebook or emails but then you must pay after that which is stupid! Don't advertise free wi-fi if it isn't free. I think this is the first hostel I've ever stayed in that doesn't offer wi-fi free somewhere in the building and I've stayed at a lot of hostels. Other than that one gripe our stay was great. The location is really close to the train and in a good area.

Backpackers-Duesseldorf

Dusseldorf, Germany

I had a great stay in Dusseldorf but perhaps booked the incorrect room in the hostel. We were in a two-bed dorm that was tiny (which was fine) but was very nice. The mattresses smelled terrible which was why I say the room was not very nice. I felt dirty the next morning after sleeping on the bed. Please, if anything, get new mattresses in this room! The bathrooms were clean and the location wasn't bad at all. It was a quick walk from the train station. Breakfast was a nice surprise.

• 15th Dec 2012

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

My stay with City Backpackers was excellent! From the staff to the location, my stay was fantastic. The location is close to all the main city attractions and also the central bus and train station. Great hostel to stay in for the money. The walking tour was a great deal and the guide really knows about everything there is to know about Stockholm. The city itself is very expensive so the hostel rate is not bad at all if you put it into context.

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This was my 2nd time staying with Flying Pig Downtown. The staff is amazing and the overall atmosphere is great. It's a great hostel to meet people because there is always something going on in the bar. Smoking room is a nice touch considering it's Amsterdam. Can't express how helpful the staff is! Definitely good value for money.

Amsterdam Hostel

San Francisco, USA

Amsterdam Hostel is great if you are looking for a clean, safe and cheap place to stay in San Francisco. The walk is a bit strenuous from BART and up a hill but it was worth it for sure! The staff was very helpful also...I would come back for sure...