Reviews: asmall17

Location USA, Gender Male, Age 30

Hatters at Hilton Chambers, Manchester, England
6.9
23rd Feb 2016

I enjoyed Manchester very much. The staff were nice and very helpful. The room was extremely tight and I found it to be not very pleasant and dirty. It seems as if they hadn't done a real cleaning in the room for weeks, there were all kinds of debris under and around the bed. The bathroom seemed to be pretty dirty as well. A few hooks on the wall to hang a jacket would be a very nice addition as well. I can't stress enough how little space there is in the rooms, you have nowhere for baggage.

Wombats City Hostel London, London, England
23rd Feb 2016

Wombats goes on my list of best hostels visited ever! Out of the 40-50 I've visited, one of the nicest by far! Each room is very spacious and there are very nice bathrooms in each room. It was if I had checked into a 4-star hotel. Staff was extremely helpful in arranging a postage delivery in my name before I arrived, I greatly appreciated that. The only negative is the fact they take your ID for the room card, and you're expected to switch the room key for your ID each time you go out.

Euro Youth Hostel, Munich, Germany
21st Feb 2016

I love this hostel, I've stayed several times and each time it always exceeds my expectations of what a hostel stay is. Very nice bar area with good happy hour deals. Extremely clean rooms, bathrooms, everywhere! Euro Youth is dedicated to cleanliness and it really shows. I had a very enjoyable stay and absolutely love München. Very good restaurant recommendations as well.

Home Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
19th Feb 2016

I have to say, this is the biggest surprise in a hostel I've ever had. You're treated like family by the staff, they are absolutely wonderful. When you check in, you enjoy a shot of traditional Portuguese liquor with the front desk member of staff. If your stay starts like that, you know you're in for a treat. They offer a dinner that "Mama" cooks, and it's excellent. The atmosphere is so wonderful in this hostel, it would be a mistake not to stay here. Oh, and Lisbon is a wonderful city!

Black Swan, Barcelona, Spain
16th Feb 2016

I had a very nice stay at Black Swan. The staff were very helpful and genuinely cared about each guest. The girl at the front desk showed me to my room and made sure everything was to my expectations before leaving me. What a wonderful bathroom in the 3-bed ensuite units, I loved the room. Plenty of space in the room too. There was a nice kitchen where hostel guests could mingle with one another also. The location is close to most everything.

City Hostel Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
11th Feb 2016

Great option if you are on the cheap in Geneva. The location is good, it's near everything you want to see. The restrooms were always clean, even though the hostel was fully booked. Staff was very helpful, and offered suggestions of things to see. I'd definitely stay again.

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber, Zurich, Switzerland
6th Feb 2016

St Christopher's Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
25th Jan 2015

I enjoyed my stay at St Christopher's, they run some very decent hostels. The shower was very tight, but that was my only complaint.

Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
22nd Jan 2015

I loved this hostel! The staff shows each person around the hostel and points out where the restrooms/showers/kitchen are. They are so personable and helped me book a black cab tour with some other hostel guests to save me money. Thanks for your help!!

Euro Hostel Liverpool, Liverpool, England
20th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Hoax Hostel. Liverpool was a great city with so much to do, and the staff was helpful in guiding me to the sights I wanted to see. The room was very clean and beds were nice.

Hey Thanks for the great review, pleased to read our fab team helped you explore the city The Hoax Team

Avalon House, Dublin, Ireland
17th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed Avalon House. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the room was of adequate size. I would definitely stay here again...

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
HI San Diego - Downtown, San Diego, USA
16th Dec 2014

This is a great Hostel. Very clean and modern decor throughout, and the value for money is great. My mate and I went for a few days and had reserved a 2 bed private, but they only had a double bed available, so they put us in a 4-bed and blocked off the other 2 beds from being reserved to help us out. I was very grateful for their help and how nice all staff members were. Really clean and close to everything!

Awesome! So glad that we could accommodate your needs. Excellent to hear that you had a fantastic time in San Diego. Hope to see you again in the future. All the best, HI San Diego Downtown

HI San Francisco - Downtown, San Francisco, USA
5th Dec 2014

I loved this Hostel. Great location that's close to everything for a good price. The staff were all very nice and they were very accommodating to my large group. Will stay here every time I'm in SF.

7.1
10th Mar 2014

What a great value for money considering the location! Had a bit of a mixup at check-in but other than that, the stay was nice. Wow the showers are HOT, during our stay the cold water didn't work in the showers. The bathrooms/shower rooms were kind of clean, I've definitely seen better. Overall it was a good stay.

Ocean Blue Hostel, Miami, USA
4.6
9th Jan 2014

The only thing this hostel has going for it is the location, that's literally it! It was in the 80's when we were visiting and humid so my group was happy about the a/c. Another room ended up flipped the breaker off to the a/c (and all ventilation) to the entire complex. I asked the girl at the front desk to please help and she seemed irritated that I would have pulled her away from the group of friends she had visiting her. I came up a 2nd time and they were all talking about me, really nice!

Brussels Hello Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
7.7
21st Dec 2012

The overall stay was good but the hostel really is far away from the city center. Brussels is a large city so I definitely recommend purchasing a 10-ride pass if you will be there for a few days, it will get you to the hostel with ease. The hostel is located very close to the metro but is in a slightly dodgy area. The bar was fantastic with great chances and an opportunity to try many Belgium beers. The bartender is excellent! Also, breakfast was good and it's a great hostel to meet new friends.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
Luxembourg City Hostel, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
19th Dec 2012

Luxembourg was a great surprise. The hostel is located directly next to a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The surrounding areas are just magnificent. I was getting ill when we arrived so I asked if we could change our room to a private. The staff assisted me in changing my reservation and it was only an extra 10 EUR a night for a 4-bed dorm for two people which was great value for money. The food in the hostel is fantastic! Try the daily special, definitely a good value for money.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
17th Dec 2012

Great hostel overall but shady in the way wi-fi is advertised as free. You get free slow wi-fi for 2 hours or so which is good for Facebook or emails but then you must pay after that which is stupid! Don't advertise free wi-fi if it isn't free. I think this is the first hostel I've ever stayed in that doesn't offer wi-fi free somewhere in the building and I've stayed at a lot of hostels. Other than that one gripe our stay was great. The location is really close to the train and in a good area.

Backpackers-Duesseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
8.0
15th Dec 2012

I had a great stay in Dusseldorf but perhaps booked the incorrect room in the hostel. We were in a two-bed dorm that was tiny (which was fine) but was very nice. The mattresses smelled terrible which was why I say the room was not very nice. I felt dirty the next morning after sleeping on the bed. Please, if anything, get new mattresses in this room! The bathrooms were clean and the location wasn't bad at all. It was a quick walk from the train station. Breakfast was a nice surprise.

City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
9th Dec 2012

My stay with City Backpackers was excellent! From the staff to the location, my stay was fantastic. The location is close to all the main city attractions and also the central bus and train station. Great hostel to stay in for the money. The walking tour was a great deal and the guide really knows about everything there is to know about Stockholm. The city itself is very expensive so the hostel rate is not bad at all if you put it into context.

Flying Pig Downtown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6th Dec 2012

This was my 2nd time staying with Flying Pig Downtown. The staff is amazing and the overall atmosphere is great. It's a great hostel to meet people because there is always something going on in the bar. Smoking room is a nice touch considering it's Amsterdam. Can't express how helpful the staff is! Definitely good value for money.

• USA,
Amsterdam Hostel, San Francisco, USA
14th Feb 2009

Amsterdam Hostel is great if you are looking for a clean, safe and cheap place to stay in San Francisco. The walk is a bit strenuous from BART and up a hill but it was worth it for sure! The staff was very helpful also...I would come back for sure...