Reviews: jhope1033

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Hostel Heart of Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This hostel is really lovely and has a homey vibe. The staff is so kind and helpful. They will look up stuff for you and give you recommendations for places to eat. I really enjoyed the common spaces, especially the one in our bedroom. The price is amazing for the quality of the hostel. I wish there were more bathrooms, but it was never a huge issue. Would absolutely recommend it! Great place!

Dear Guest, it was wonderful to have you as our guest and we thank you for such a lovely review and for recommending the hostel. We wish you best of luck. Hostel Heart of Sarajevo staff

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Loved Madjas place! Do the tour, you won't regret it. Madja is the sweetest and I really felt like I was staying with family when I was there. She really goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable and like a person, instead of just a traveler or a bed. The weather wasn't great when I was there and she made us all feel really cozy and at home. This is not a party hostel, but a place of community. A must visit.

Ana and Jess really went out of their way to foster an inclusive and fun atmosphere at the hostel. The showers were excellent and the beds were the most comfortable I've stayed on in any hostel. Absolutely the only choice when staying in Dubrovnik. Loved it.

Apinelo Hostel

Split, Croatia

I only stayed one night but the staff were so friendly and told me everything I could see and do. They were more than happy to let me stay after check out and use the kitchen and common spaces since it was pouring rain outside. The aircon and wifi worked well.

Really cool hostel in the heart of the hip district of Hamburg. The common room was really great with lots of seating and the internet was strong. The kitchen was ok, pretty small for the amount of people living there. Nice that they had free tea and coffee. The showers need a serious upgrade, cold water in 30 second bursts. I would pay more for better showers and go back again.

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Good hostel in the old town. Kitchen and bathroom facilities feel a bit small for how large the hostel is but everyone managed ok. For a 16 bed dorm it didn't feel overly crowded and the windows were nice for letting in fresh air. Common area is good for meeting people.

Glad you found Castanea so positive! Welcome back anytime!

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

This hostel has everything you could possibly need. The kitchen and wifi are great. Bathrooms even have hairdryers. My room felt a bit claustrophobic with there not being any fresh air but the courtyard area was really nice and had a cover for the rain. Free coffee and tea were a HUGE PLUS! Would stay here again.

Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you would stay here again! Welcome back anytime. Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Hostel Casa del Parque

San Jose, Costa Rica

Absolutely gorgeous hostel in a hip part of town. When I walked in I thought it looked like a palace! The kitchen is nice and the back patio was great. No internet in the room, but that wasn't a huge deal. A bit of a hike from the bus terminal but definitely doable and I felt safe walking to and from the hostel. A few places to eat nearby and a couple shops. I would stay here again.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Good hostel for groups. Lots of facilities for when you just want to sit around the hostel. A little out of the way if you want to be able to access your hostel frequently throughout the day. They let you store you bags before and after your stay which was nice. The pool is good as are all the common areas. Shower was great. The only areas I thought they could improve upon were the wifi (it didn't work most of the time I was there and never in my room) and the a/c. The rooms were very hot.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Absolutely fantastic! I only stayed one night but I loved it and would definitely stay there again if I found myself back in Istanbul. Wonderful location, great staff, amazing view, delicious breakfast.

This place was really really dirty. There was food in the rooms and old cups of hot chocolate rotting away on the floor. The bathrooms were gross. Close to bus and train.

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very cool place, probably best for groups or men traveling alone as it is above a bar and security is a bit sketchy. Right in the center of everything!

Pfefferbett Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great for groups, lots to do around the area although it is not the city center. Had skype AND headsets!!

River Bank Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Very nice hostel in a great spot, views looking out onto the river and the castle. Great kitchen and shower.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Pretty good party hostel. They are doing construction right now which made things a little messy and crowded. One of the best showers I've ever taken!

L' Imbarcadero

Venice, Italy

Great little place, wonderful staff, sweet kitchen. Hot showers, close to train station. Very homey! Thanks Seymour!

Youth Meeting Home

Florence, Italy

This place is pretty sketchy. Keep in mind that they charge you extra for food and sheets, 5-10 euros per night mandatory. Location is great and showers are hot. Just kind of a weird place.

Cinque Terre, Italy

What a wonderful hostel!!! I will definitely stay here again! Beautiful room with excellent kitchen. Had a terrace that overlooked the town. 3 minutes to trails and train station! Very laid back staff had irregular hours for off season but if you told then when you were going to come by they were there. A few things in the room were breaking but its an old place so what do you expect? If you are a laid back person then you will fit right in at this awesome place!

Vertigo Centre

Marseille, France

very close to the train station! Small basic room with en suite shower (cold water) and sink and toilet across the hall. Friendly helpful staff when I arrived but a few had a hard time communicating. Was pretty close to harber (15 minute walk) and was good for what I needed.