Reviews: jhope1033

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

Cute little spot near Khao San. It was great however the cleaning people are a little too thorough on the room cleaning. I had bad jetlag and was sleeping while they cleaned my room and they made me wake up and get out of bed to change my sheets. It was crazy. Also the bathrooms are always muddy but what can ya do? Pro tip: take a metered taxi there instead of a tuk tuk. It will be cheaper than whatever price you agreed on.

BED STATION Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Really great overall. Loved the beds. The only thing I wish was different was the overwhelming mothball smell. I also got up early one day and wanted to use the common area and a bunch of non-staff people were sleeping there? But wasn't a huge issue. Would go back in a second!

Stadtalm Naturfreundehaus

Salzburg, Austria

I ignored the reviews of this place because of the view. But the atmosphere and the staff really put a damper on our trip. The restaurant now closes at 4pm so if you want to eat you have to go into town. You aren't allowed to even sit in the restaurant to eat your own food after 6 and they lock it after their private party leaves, leaving everyone to sit on the stairs or in the hallway if they want to eat or use their laptops outside of their bed. Room was really cold and the heater didn't work.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Globetrotter

Prague-1 Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Not really a hostel, more a couple private rooms with a shared mini fridge in the hall. The man who checked us in was very nice and informative and even let us check out later the next day and leave our bags (just in the hall, but there isn't anyone around to mess with them.) Nice garden outside.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Globetrotter

Amstel House Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Only stayed here one night but the staff were really nice. The key card kept demagnetizing which was annoying at 3 in the morning when I had to go all the way down to reception and get it fixed. But other than that a decent place, especially if you are traveling with others.

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Loved this place! I changed here after three days somewhere else and regretted not staying here the entire time. I don't usually do the hostel breakfast if it's not free but this place is totally worth it! Really cozy common room, nice kitchen, nice dorms. Would stay here next time I'm in Prague for sure!

Little Quarter Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This place is depressing if you want to socialize with anyone. But they have good free computers in the lobby and they have cheap beers you can buy at reception. Some of the staff are much nicer than others. The bathrooms were pretty bad, tons of water everywhere at all times of the day and no way to mop it up except with the towel they provide for you. Everything else was clean though. If you want to be left alone stay here, bring shower shoes.

Smart Stay Berlin City

Berlin, Germany

This place is fine if you need to be close to the bus station, but make sure you get a receipt for everything. The man who checked me in asked for a 5 euro key deposit and then woman I checked out with refused to give it back to me without a receipt, saying there was no record of a deposit. When I gave it to her she was very upset and threw the money at me with a "Here!". I wrote the hotel afterwards to report this incident and never recieved a response. Would not return after this.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I've probably stayed in 100 hostels around the world. This one is the best. Originally booked ofr three days, stayed three weeks. They have everything you want from a hostel. It has areas for studying, partying, watching movies, cooking, and playing music. All of the staff were AMAZING and really helpful at all hours of the day or night. Just stay there- you won't regret it!

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I wanted to like this place. One issue I had was that every time I went to use the kitchen my key would not work. It's up on the top floor so I hadto go all the way back down to get it fixed. Biggest issue was getting locked out of my room 10 minutes before check out while in the shower. When I went down to get my key fixed (in a towel) I was told it was almost time for check out anyway. When I tried to continue the conversation I was shushed and then ignored. This ruined my experience.

Hostel Heart of Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This hostel is really lovely and has a homey vibe. The staff is so kind and helpful. They will look up stuff for you and give you recommendations for places to eat. I really enjoyed the common spaces, especially the one in our bedroom. The price is amazing for the quality of the hostel. I wish there were more bathrooms, but it was never a huge issue. Would absolutely recommend it! Great place!

Dear Guest, it was wonderful to have you as our guest and we thank you for such a lovely review and for recommending the hostel. We wish you best of luck. Hostel Heart of Sarajevo staff

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Loved Madjas place! Do the tour, you won't regret it. Madja is the sweetest and I really felt like I was staying with family when I was there. She really goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable and like a person, instead of just a traveler or a bed. The weather wasn't great when I was there and she made us all feel really cozy and at home. This is not a party hostel, but a place of community. A must visit.

Ana and Jess really went out of their way to foster an inclusive and fun atmosphere at the hostel. The showers were excellent and the beds were the most comfortable I've stayed on in any hostel. Absolutely the only choice when staying in Dubrovnik. Loved it.

Apinelo Hostel

Split, Croatia

I only stayed one night but the staff were so friendly and told me everything I could see and do. They were more than happy to let me stay after check out and use the kitchen and common spaces since it was pouring rain outside. The aircon and wifi worked well.

Really cool hostel in the heart of the hip district of Hamburg. The common room was really great with lots of seating and the internet was strong. The kitchen was ok, pretty small for the amount of people living there. Nice that they had free tea and coffee. The showers need a serious upgrade, cold water in 30 second bursts. I would pay more for better showers and go back again.

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Good hostel in the old town. Kitchen and bathroom facilities feel a bit small for how large the hostel is but everyone managed ok. For a 16 bed dorm it didn't feel overly crowded and the windows were nice for letting in fresh air. Common area is good for meeting people.

Glad you found Castanea so positive! Welcome back anytime!

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

This hostel has everything you could possibly need. The kitchen and wifi are great. Bathrooms even have hairdryers. My room felt a bit claustrophobic with there not being any fresh air but the courtyard area was really nice and had a cover for the rain. Free coffee and tea were a HUGE PLUS! Would stay here again.

Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you would stay here again! Welcome back anytime. Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Hostel Casa del Parque

San Jose, Costa Rica

Absolutely gorgeous hostel in a hip part of town. When I walked in I thought it looked like a palace! The kitchen is nice and the back patio was great. No internet in the room, but that wasn't a huge deal. A bit of a hike from the bus terminal but definitely doable and I felt safe walking to and from the hostel. A few places to eat nearby and a couple shops. I would stay here again.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Good hostel for groups. Lots of facilities for when you just want to sit around the hostel. A little out of the way if you want to be able to access your hostel frequently throughout the day. They let you store you bags before and after your stay which was nice. The pool is good as are all the common areas. Shower was great. The only areas I thought they could improve upon were the wifi (it didn't work most of the time I was there and never in my room) and the a/c. The rooms were very hot.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Absolutely fantastic! I only stayed one night but I loved it and would definitely stay there again if I found myself back in Istanbul. Wonderful location, great staff, amazing view, delicious breakfast.

This place was really really dirty. There was food in the rooms and old cups of hot chocolate rotting away on the floor. The bathrooms were gross. Close to bus and train.

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very cool place, probably best for groups or men traveling alone as it is above a bar and security is a bit sketchy. Right in the center of everything!

Pfefferbett Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great for groups, lots to do around the area although it is not the city center. Had skype AND headsets!!

River Bank Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Very nice hostel in a great spot, views looking out onto the river and the castle. Great kitchen and shower.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Pretty good party hostel. They are doing construction right now which made things a little messy and crowded. One of the best showers I've ever taken!

L' Imbarcadero

Venice, Italy

Great little place, wonderful staff, sweet kitchen. Hot showers, close to train station. Very homey! Thanks Seymour!

Youth Meeting Home

Florence, Italy

This place is pretty sketchy. Keep in mind that they charge you extra for food and sheets, 5-10 euros per night mandatory. Location is great and showers are hot. Just kind of a weird place.

Mar-Mar

Cinque Terre, Italy

What a wonderful hostel!!! I will definitely stay here again! Beautiful room with excellent kitchen. Had a terrace that overlooked the town. 3 minutes to trails and train station! Very laid back staff had irregular hours for off season but if you told then when you were going to come by they were there. A few things in the room were breaking but its an old place so what do you expect? If you are a laid back person then you will fit right in at this awesome place!

Vertigo Centre

Marseille, France

very close to the train station! Small basic room with en suite shower (cold water) and sink and toilet across the hall. Friendly helpful staff when I arrived but a few had a hard time communicating. Was pretty close to harber (15 minute walk) and was good for what I needed.