Reviews: yourfacehxc

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Flamingo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Overall more or less pleased with this hostel but it's true that the showers do run out of hot water quickly & more problematic, they're seemingly always clogged leaving a disgusting pool. Great location, good breakfast, easy to meet people. One thing I found disappointing was they added an 11th bed to a 10 bed dorm in the middle of room making it quite congested. To me this is very unfair. Simply adding more beds when they feel like it to make more $ while inconveniencing the rest of us sucks!!

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

This is a very typical German hostel.. well-run, efficient, clean and capable. As it's a large hostel and the common area feels more like a bar, it's maybe a bit more difficult to meet people.. there's something about the vibe. It's not bad by any means but perhaps doesn't present such an inviting feel. Staff were terrific, security was good, many amenities. Location is both great & terrible due to being in the red light district. Like other reviewers, I had no problems but it's real seedy/gross

Udai Haveli Guest House

Udaipur, India

By far the cleanest guesthouse I've stayed at in India thus far along with a lovely staff & family. Nice breakfast included, relaxed vibe, great price for the rooms. Again, it's actually CLEAN! Very good location, central to everything. Really enjoyed my stay here. The wifi is a bit spotty but this seems to be the case everywhere. Thank you Udai Haveli for your kindness! RECOMMENDED.

Vinayak Guesthouse

Jaipur, India

Nice enough family running the place however "home away from home" is not how I would describe it. Found an old half-eaten momo under the table (within plain sight) in my room as soon as I walked in. Floor felt gritty and unswept. Bathroom will not win any cleanliness awards but for 250 rupees, it's not a bad deal. Could do without the yelling EVERY morning right outside my door at 7am by the staff. Simple room which is fine but needs a cleaning. Food at restaurant was average. Meh..

Moustache Hostel

New Delhi, India

The bathroom/toilet in my room wasn't cleaned once in the four days I was there & looked like it hadn't been for weeks before that. Staff was nice enough however their travel agent quoted me a train ticket price nearly 5x what it was at the station & rather than reserving me a meru cab as I asked I got a shady guy in an unmarked car who tried to rip me off by charging nearly double what it should have been. Overall decent hostel & good for meeting people but NEEDS IMPROVEMENT! Clean & be honest!

Hi, we apologise for the cleanliness of the toilets. We clean them everyday, but clearly not well enough. We will fix this. The reception staff are new and used to booking the regular taxi which is cheaper than Meru. They made a mistake in your case. However, they told you how much to pay so you wouldn't get ripped off by the driver. We cannot make every driver in Delhi honest. So, we equip you with info. to deal with their scams. We messed up on some counts, but were not being dishonest.

Freedom Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Love this place! Peter and his staff are welcoming, knowledgeable and warm. They are excellent resources for anything you'd like to do in Egypt. Despite the instability, I found Cairo to be safe and Egyptians are very friendly. This is an excellent opportunity to see history in the making! Do not believe all that you see in the media. Now is the time.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Pans Place Guesthouse

Vang Vieng, Laos

You get what you pay for at Pan's Place. While a great value for the money ($3.50/night) it certainly lacked in a few areas. I've NEVER complained about beds in the dozens of hostels I've been to however these were dreadful. Dreadful for Asia! Literally springs sticking up into your back without padding. This was my biggest and really only complaint. It'd be nice if the wifi reached the rooms in back but again, you get what you pay for. Food at restaurant was pretty good and a jolly staff.

Dan I take your point about the mattress in your room and the problem has now been rectified. As you say you get what you pay for ,so we dont have free Wifi every where. .

Sopha House

Luang Prabang, Laos

Lovely mid-range GH with a river view. My buddy and I shared a room for $40USD a night which seems like a good deal considering Laung Prabang is extremely touristic and the most expensive city in Laos. There seem to be a real shortage of accommodations here as well as each day dozens of people rolled by trying to snag a room. Charming place and great value for the money. Staff (Seevilay) were excellent & looked after our bicycles for us. Very pleased with this! Wifi wasn't so great. Need to fix!

Baanrimtaling Home Stay

Chiang Khong, Thailand

For 100b ($3.50) you can't go wrong. Nice folks that run the spot and English is spoken by the owners, however not the rest of the staff. The food at the restaurant is excellent and the portions are large. Wifi is good and you can't beat the view! Bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages, if ever, so that's no good but all things considered it's a great deal. I'd stay again for sure.

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

This is the SPOT! You will be welcomed with open arms by Aoi & Nong into their serene garden. The guesthouse is run with tremendous care & consideration for each person. They strive to please and raise the bar on quality in Chiang Mai. We are talking clean & comfortable, terrific location (central but quiet), and an environment in which it's easy to meet other travelers. Incredibly accommodating, trustworthy and just overall the best place to rest your head in Chiang Mai. STAY HERE! Thanks Aoi!!

Living Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

I've stayed at some 30 hostels across five continents and this might be the best one yet.. Bummer the internet didn't work for the last four days I was there but it technically wasn't their fault. Still, would have been cool to get it fixed promptly. Nonetheless, amazing hostel. Stay here.

Big Fish Budapest Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Very quiet, low key hostel in Budapest. Very much enjoyed my stay.

Big Fish Budapest Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Lovely small hostel in the center of Budapest. Terrific location, always clean and the first place in the history of Europe to have the heat on! This is not a party hostel but that's a big plus for me.. real mellow vibe. The wifi was very fast, the staff were cool & helpful, there's a kitchen/lounge area with television/movies/games/guitar & some couches. Free computers if you need that. One of the better hostels I've stayed at. Could use some hangers/hooks in the rooms and more outlets/strips.

This place is the best in Paris.. that being said, there is much to be desired. The club and bar I find pretty boring and below par.. there's no place to go and get any quiet time/space here besides your room and that's if the people in your room are quiet. Wifi in the rooms doesn't work so well and there's no kitchen. Staff are nothing to write home about. Vibe is nothing to write home about. That being said, it's probably still the best hostel in Paris. Go to Berlin instead.

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear you didn't like our city. In fact we think spending only one night in the hostel, a Wednesday night in the middle of November, which really isn't the craziest time of the year anywhere in Europe, is probably not enough to have a clear idea of what things are in Paris. Hope you'll be back one day to get a better opinion. Cheers St Christopher's Paris

Art Hole Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

My stay at Art Hole was bittersweet. I was put into the 8 bed room which is hands down the worst of the five. It was very disappointing. The room was dark and incredibly cramped. It should be a 6 bed. I moved upstairs to a 6 bed dorm my final two nights and it was FABULOUS. Figuratively speaking, day and night experiences. Upstairs is WONDERFUL. Half the staff were excellent and the other half not so much.

Sorry about the girl falling on you in the middle of the night. It must have felt like the 8 bed room walls were closing in around you. Our layout is usually the last thing guests complain about.

Staff was very hit and miss. One person would be exceptional while the other would be an embarrassment. Security seems good but there are big holes. Nowhere in the whole building to go & get quiet for work. The common room is tiny & overflowing. The bar is OK but too expensive. The club downstairs is lame. Nothing to write home about.

We are really disappointed that your stay with us wasn't the best, and that a robbery situation happened in our site. Though we do our best to keep the place very safe, with securitys guard all night and cameras all over, this is a very big hostel with a bar wich makes a little bit difficult for us to control all the situations that can appear. We do appreciate a review as yours, it makes us improve even more our quality, and you can be sur we are going to go through every single receptionist about their behavior in this kind of difficult situation. Wwe invite you to come back one more time tget a better impression and have a nice time with us, wich is the most important for travallers. We apologyse again for what has happened, hope seeing you again some day.

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I don't understand the fuss over this place. The rooms are terribly small (even for Amsterdam) & there are no basic things like power outlets, reading lights in the bunks, or a safe and quiet place to do work/chill out. There is only the bar downstairs blasting music and tourists drinking. The toilets are inside the tiny rooms and you can hear EVERYTHING. If you're coming to party and only need a bed to sleep in, this might be up your alley. Warm & sweet staff.

As with any big chain hostel, there's a certain intimacy and connection to others that is easy to miss. While it's nice to have somewhere safe and clean and fairly modern to come home to, I miss the Parisian hostels with dangerous windy staircases, cute courtyards, their own kitchen, and a sense of remembrance to the people there. There were lots of young kids here who were smashed every night and hanging in front of the hostel like freshmen in front of their dorm downtown. Good hostel overall.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

This place feels more like a hotel than a hostel. It is large so rather impersonal however the staff is very friendly and it's clean. The courtyard is lovely and the rooms are spacious. My major complaint is the wifi which is a complete joke. It didn't work 75% of the time and barely puttered along when it did. Need to upgrade!!!!! Otherwise a safe and nice place to stay. Good location next to central station.

Terrazas Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The staff here are fantastic and it's very charming. Beautiful views, rooftop deck, reliable internet, sweet (literally) breakfast. The location is downtown right in front of a subte train stop and close to major attractions.

Terrazas Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The staff here were incredibly welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The hostel itself is quite charming with an amazing rooftop deck and incredible views out onto Ave. de Mayo from my four bedroom dorm. There is a nice little living room with new flat screen television, shelves of book trades, and unlimited free wifi & computers (two or three). The breakfast is simple but good (cereal, croissants, coffee, tea, baguettes). I wasn't terribly crazy about the location as it's downtown. Too touristy!

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

This is an excellent hostel. It's clean, modern, tasteful, and embodies a good vibe. The location was great for me, close to quite a bit yet detached from the awful touristy areas and Khao San Rd. My only complaint was that many members of the staff don't speak English well or hardly at all. Everyone was pleasant but communication was difficult at times.

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

This a terrific hostel. It's very modern, clean, and offers the amenities travelers on a budget need. The staff is warm however I wouldn't say their English was terribly impressive... a couple of them barely spoke any English at all. Still they obviously wanted to help, it was just a little frustrating at times. The rooms have a/c but I found them to be rather hot still. It'd be nice if the wifi would reach the rooms too. I liked the location a lot (far from Khao San Rd!). Recommended.

Four Courts Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

My only real gripe has to do with the bathrooms which are not that clean, way too small for way too many people, no doors or privacy for showers. Just kind of ridiculous! Overall the experience is pretty positive. Great location, nice staff, many amenities. Fix your bathrooms and you'll be set. Thanks!

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Cool staff but the hostel itself is a bit of a disappointment. The new part is quite nice and worth the extra bit a night as the original building is dirty, the wifi doesn't reach the rooms, you CAN'T BRING ALCOHOL IN and their's is expensive! NO KITCHEN (are you kidding??) and not much character overall. It's a good thing Carl is so sweet..

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Disclaimer: There are two buildings that collectively make up Sleep In Heaven. The first being where the reception is and it's a bit of a bummer, truth be told. The second area is just down the street and recently added so everything is new, clean, and much more comfortable. Pretty unimpressed by the original building. Dirty and without much character. Spend the extra 20-30 krone or whatever it is for 6-bed dorms in the new building. WORTH IT! PS - you can't bring your own alcohol in which is NONSENSE. Thei

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

good spot for the money. modern but not without a bit of charm. excellent kitchen and nice little lounge area. free internet and computers, friendly staff, solid location. i back it.

A Venice Museum

Venice, Italy

this place is a DREAM. it\'s a big confusing getting there but that\'s just venice for you. honestly, it\'s got such charm and character. this was the only time for three weeks that i had eggs for breakfast which is included in the price as well as dinner. it felt like i was in the middle of a movie. honestly, i absolutely adore this place. i wish i could live there. STAY AT THE MUSEUM!

not in the best neighborhood but it\'s not an awful price for what you get. while the free pizza lasts about 15-30 seconds (literally) it\'s better than nothing. i stayed at the other alessandra as well and it was about the same, give or take. if you can get in at the yellow hostel stay there instead. i wish they hadn\'t have been booked solid after my first night. that place rules. the alessandro is good but nothing to write home about.