Reviews: TheBeardedNomad

Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 27

HI - San Francisco - Downtown

San Francisco, USA

Eh place was okay. I mean it's super clean and safe and the food is good but not the best place to meet people. Multiple nights went to the common room and everyone was just on there iphones or ipads and no one was talking to anyone...isn't that the point of hostels? To talk to people? I don't it may just have been my experience but wasn't the friendliest hostel or best place to meet people and the Asian guy receptionist was rude multiple times, not sure why, the rest of the staff was very nice.

• 12th Nov 2013

Cambie Hostel - Gastown

Vancouver, Canada

This place is about the atmosphere and the people. The place is old and kinda run down but...in a good way heh,. For example sometimes you can hear the floor creak outside your room but it feels like its inside....so ya lots of creeky floors though out the hostel. Showers are also not the worlds best but...it IS a hostel. The staff is awesome though and the free breakfest is really good as well! Also a really easy place to meet cool people from around the world.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

Breakfast was crazy, literally boxes and boxes of cereal and tons of bread and jams and fruit. It was great! The female receptionist was super rude though, seemed like she hated her job. Good hostel though!

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Nice location and not to hard to find. The owners are reeeeally nice and the Oba-Chan is super cute! The cheapest place in Tokyo as far as I know. Defiantly with worth it!

• 24th Feb 2012

Dillenia Guest House

Miri, Malaysia

The highlight of this place is Mrs.Lee, the owner. She is extremely helpful and can pretty much tell you anything about Malaysia, Borneo. The hostel is slightly hard to find but Miri is small and its not to hard to find anything, its just a little hidden. Only real down side would be Miri is really quite so not many backpackers, but thats not the hostels fault. OH and the free breakfast is a nice added bonus!

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This was a pretty awesome hostel. Extremely safe(you have to enter at least 2 different codes on 2 different doors to even get to your room) and the staff is really nice. The beds are the best beds Ive ever been in, Japanese capsule style and lots of room! If I could complain about ANYTHING it would be...its to big? heh at times it doesnt feel like a hostel but more of hotel....but I mean....its still pretty awesome.

• 26th Jan 2012

The Northern Greenhouse

Cairns, Australia

AWESOME hostel, ONE big problem though....the staff. I read here on Hostelworld that the staff was amazing....well not for us and countless other backpackers (we asked around to make sure we weren't the only ones). Seriously they were a few very rude staff members...but also some very nice ones...BESIDES that though it was a great hostel. Amazing location, so much free stuff, awesome place to meet people,super clean. Just the staff was rude the whole week...no clue why, but I still recommend it!

• 18th Jan 2011

Home at The Mansion

Melbourne, Australia

Awesome hostel. No complaints, Id go back again.

Cant really complain BUT it was pretty far away from the station.

Beppu Guest House

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

Had a great time here and met some amazing people. It is really cheap too!

Nothing bad to say about this place, kind of far walk from the station but not THAT bad.

Sumo Backpackers

Osaka, Japan

Very unique place, really cool and yeah...unique, you would have to see it for yourself. Not hard to find from the station but they come and get you anyway!

Hotel Chuo Oasis

Osaka, Japan

More of a hotel then anything and not in the greatest part of the city but the hotel itself is very clean and the staff is very helpful.

Good stuff! All the J-Hoppers are good!

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

I was only there for a day but nothing to complain about!

I had an amazing time at Anne's hostel. It had free breakfest and the staff was very nice and helpful. The only thing that sucked were the directions, besides that I loved it!

Capsule Inn Akihabara

Tokyo, Japan

It was ok...the staff wasn`t the nicest and my mirror in my capsule had some weird gunk on it. Other then that it was ok. It had a good location so it was worth it just for that, alone with the expierence of sleeping in a capsule.

Time Peace Apartment

Sapporo, Japan

The directions they gave were very good, spot on. I really small hostel but good nome the less.

K's House Mt.Fuji

Mount Fuji, Japan

If you arrive at the right time they will pick you up from the train station AND drivr you back. The place is very big and has an onsen right behind it(ask for a coupon at the front desk). I great place to stay if your in the area!

I had an amazing time at J-Hoppers, my only complaint is carrying my stuff up so many flights of stairs, OTHERWISE it is a great place with a good location for tourist things. When I was there it was also PACKED so it is a good place to meet people, just make sure to maybe book in advance.

Arigatou gozaimasu. We are happy to know that you met a lot of nice people here . We are always happy when our guests enjoy their time , meeting new people and finding new culture in Kyoto. We hope to see you again!

Nara UGAYA Guesthouse

Nara, Japan

I had a great time, SLIGHTLY hard to find but I think it was just me ha. Awesome staff, just fun all round. Nara is a great place.

Backpackers Miyajima

Hiroshima, Japan

Backpackers Miyajima is an amazing Hostel!I highly recommend it! The staff is amazing, Sachi(one of the workers) was extremely nice and helpful and the owner Hisa is a very funny and talented man(he can play many different instruments). It is also very close to many different attractions in Hiroshima and they are easy to get to. The beds are comfortable and the Hostel itself was really easy to find aswell. Over all it was just an amazing expierence.