Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Jardim de Santos Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

I really liked this hostel. Close to a train and metro station (although bus stops seem to be sofar ffrom each other in Lisbon), clean, coffee all day long, you can leave your luggage there for sone time after check out, free maps, free wifi, magazines/DVDs/computers for guests, attentive staff. The only thing that I found a little disorganized is the bathroom. The toilets and showers should be in the opposite sides. All in all, a very good place.

The hotel offers a very good price X benefit ratio. Close to Montmartre, metro and train stations. Also some local commerce. Clean, towels, but no lifts. Kitchen can be used after 10.30am. there is a microwave and a fridge for you, but no good for breakfast.

St Christopher's Oasis

I had 2 probems in the 1st day: showers and wifi not working. In the 2nd day, shower was ok but wifi was still not working for 2-3 days. We could use wifi in another St Chritopher hostel in the same street, but still it is not practical. Both were quite good when started working. Great location, close to train stations (connecting to Gatwick), subway, etc. Absolutely clean! A very complete breakfast. They ask for the number of your credit card during check-in and I do not like it very much...

Art Hostel Taurus

Bratislava, Slovakia

Really close to the castle and also near the city center. Try to take with you the notes about how to reach the place, as long as no one speaks in English in non-touristic places. Good prices, free wifi (better connection than I expected) and breakfast. Showers difficult to use if there was someone else using the toilette. Microwave but no sinks for use in the kitchen.

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

St Christopher is great! Friendly staff, delicious breakfast, well-decorated bedrooms. But do not forget your adapter since they have different plug standards. Despite cheap stays, you have to pay to most facilities like for using the computer (without USB connections - pretty bad for those willing to uploading all our pics) or storing your luggage. Really close to main train station and last stop of Airport Express Shuttle (7euros both ways). All in all, one of the best hostels I`ve ever been.

Thank you for taking the time to review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at St Christopher's and found our staff so friendly!!! As we have guests from all over the world we do rent adapters to our international travellers from the reception! We will definitely take on board your comment about a USB port and will get them more traveller friendly. We do however have offer free wifi for our hostel guests which you can access throughout the hostel. Enjoy the rest of travels and I hope you find all your other accommodation up to our high standard! Happy Travels!!!

Anker Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Probably one of the most silent hostel bedroom I've ever been! Be aware you have to pay for the linen or take yours. There was no garbage can in the suite I was (neither in the toilet nor in the bedroom itself), what is quite annoying... Also, the shower was with the toilette and everything gets wet after taking a shower. I thought one toilette was not enough for all people in the bedroom and there weren't others in the corridor and just one in the common area in the ground floor..

Hostels By Nordic

Stockholm, Sweden

Really helpful staff (I sent them some e-mails and the guy was surprisingly helpful). Reception, however, not open all day long. Be aware of the time arriving!!! Lamps for each bedside. Perfect! I felt that in Sweden: things are "thought". I mean, not necessarily great in technology (although wifi all over the city, good transportation systems and so on), but great in design. That's a reason why something is here and not there or this colour and not another...). No surprise Ikea is from there.

• 21st Sep 2012

Adagio Hostel 1.0 Oktogon

Budapest, Hungary

Loved the colorful decoration! Free kitchen facilities and free computers and internet connection (a little slow, though... but we are travelling and not so interested in accessing the internet, yeah?), lockers... everything included, no "buts". Excellent location!!! Close to subway station and city center (Pest side), good services in surroundings (like shops and exchange). Yeah, you have to pay in cash in forints! You're probably going to use this places for exchange (good rates).

• 17th Sep 2012

Porzellaneum

Vienna, Austria

Really good for relaxing. We went in early September and it's probably different from other times of the year, in which probably there will be few toilettes and showers for all the people staying in. Very good location, close to various markets (including one open on Sundays) paid internet (one computer available if you are lucky) and paid breakfast.

• 14th Sep 2012

Hostel ELF

Prague, Czech Republic

Very good hostel. Next to main bus and train stations (Florenc and Hlavna). Difficult to find, though. Friendly and helpful staff. A girls was always cleaning the bathrooms, toilets and kitchen. Easy to use the kitchen (microwave, oven) and facilities, hair dryer, nice breakfast, PCs and internet.

Welcome Inn

Naples, Italy

By far the best hostel I have already been in Italy. Clean bathrooms and bedrooms, the staff helps with tips of what to do in the city, which places to visit, transports.. Close to the subway and buses (also easy to Storic Center).

Rome Student House

Rome, Italy

Good location, easy to get to the train station or to the center of the city.

Smart Hyde Park Inn

This hostel is very close to Hyde Inn Park, in zone 1 (center of London). Staff is helpful, rooms and bathrooms are clean, offers leisure options such as TV, DVD, bar and books in the common area, good breakfast.

Shining Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

clean hostel, right in the center of the city