RNR has nice staff and is a good place to relax and meet people. Only down side is that it's not so central so is a bit of a hike into town and to the beach.

• 27th Jan 2014

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

The information on this site states that the accommodation is located at Prinsenstraat 4 however upon arrival I was sent to another place located 5 blocks away. As I specifically chose the place for it's location I was not pleased. I also felt the additional 10% charge on credit cards was excessive. On the upside the place they gave me was fine and the staff were nice.

• 3rd Jan 2013

Bologna Old Town

Bologna, Italy

• 2nd Jan 2013

Hotel Sergul

Sergul is located in a pleasant neighbourhood. I enjoyed my stay here, everything worked well and I felt well looked after.

• 29th Dec 2012

LSE Passfield Hall

I'd definitely recommend LSE. It's good value for London and has great breakfasts with vegetarian options. The only disappointment was that there is no free internet and the paid service was not functioning. Other than that I was happy with my stay.

• 17th Dec 2012

Bologna Old Town

Bologna, Italy

Old Bologna is just a short walk to the old town. The building has character and the owners are very nice. Definitely happy to stay here again.

• 16th Dec 2012

Academy Hostel

Florence, Italy

Academy is located in a quiet street off the main square - so very convenient. I would have liked it to be a little more tranquil (I felt the music going in the living area was unnecessary). The place was very clean and well organised. I'd certainly be happy to stay there again.

• 11th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

Good value for money and okay for a 2 night stay. It's a big hostel though so if noise is a problem I recommend ear plugs.

• 9th Dec 2012

Shelter Jordan

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Jordan is an easy 20 mins walk from the station. I found the staff there really helpful and friendly. Although it's a Christian organisation (and I'm not Christian) you are totally free to do your own thing. They don't allow alcohol and pot which I thought was great as there are much better things to do in Amsterdam than get totalled.

• 6th Dec 2012

Dar Sienna

Fez, Morocco

A huge thank you to the staff at Dar Sienna - who were exceptional and went out of there way to make me feel comfortable. The style and interior of the place are a delight as well, particularly the roof top terrace (and the delicious breakfasts served up there). The only downside I thought was the location - which although is inside the old city, is a bit of a hike from the main entrance (The Blue Gate), and is not such a good place to be walking around late at night.

• 12th Jan 2012

Riad Layla Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

This is a beautiful place to stay. There a lots of social areas to relax in and the staff are wonderful. Only draw back is it if you are staying in the dorm there are 8 beds and 1 shower that only seems to have enough hot water for 4! Also I would recommend arriving there during daylight hours as (like most riads in the old city) it is not so easy to find - even with the directions on the website.

• 7th Jan 2012

Hotel Du Commerce

Paris, France

Good location and nice staff but the place is in need of a renovation. My room smelt of cigarette smoke and I had to go through the cold court yard in order to get to the shower and toilet.

• 5th Jan 2012
  • Globetrotter

The location of this hotel is excellent if you are coming to Bordeaux by train as it is just across from the station which is actually in a fairly pleasant neighborhood. From there it is about 4 stops on the tram into the centre of town. The staff were very nice. I came back though the town a week later and even though I wasn't staying there they were more than happy to store my luggage for free. It's modern style hotel so nothing too exciting in the way of character but very convenient.

• 28th Dec 2011

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

2Go4 feels like you're staying in a typical hostel. It's a big place - so the down side is that it's busy and noisy but the location is good.

Hotel Postiljon

Antwerp, Belgium

Great location and friendly staff. My only complaint is that my room smelt of cigarette smoke, aside from that I would definitely return.

• 22nd Mar 2011

HELLO B&B

Utrecht, Netherlands

I found this place to be very comfortable - a bit like staying at Grandma's. Down side is that the staff are hardly around if you need help and also it's a bit of a hike into the town center.

• 20th Mar 2011

Hostel Centraal

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff are very helpful and friendly however the place is very cramped. Given the prices they charge and the very basic facilities on offer I would most definitely look else where next time. It's a bit of a hike to the center of town and if you happen to arrive with a heavy suitcase you better pray they don't put you on the top floor.

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I really enjoyed my stay at East 7. The place has a certain boutique feel and the staff from the front desk to the cleaners really do an exceptional job. I stayed one week and really could not find one bad thing to write about this place.

• 11th Mar 2011

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Very reasonable price. Their free buffet breakfast is varied and plentiful. Staff are cheerful and willing to help out with many good advice.

This place is more like a boutique B&B. I had an excellent stay here. The location is excellent and two owners go out of their way to make you feel at home. I honestly can't find a single bad thing to say and would not hesitate in recommending this place. Kiren