Location: Sweden, Age: 104

5footway.inn Project Boat Quay

Singapore, Singapore

Really excellent location. Two-bed dorms don't have windows you can see out of, though, some natural light does come through. Air conditioning in rooms is pretty good after a hot day in S'pore. Key card entry system that also works for room doors and lockers is great. Awesome common area with balcony views of river and free coffee/hot water. Really friendly staff. The only thing I can say is, keep the door of the laundry machine open, it'll dry it out and prevent it from stinking! =)

The Old Swan Barracks

Perth, Australia

The hostel also takes on workers staying for the long term. Great staff and right in the middle of it all. Good place if you're in Perth,

The Pickled Frog

Hobart, Australia

Good budget hostel. Right down the street from the main pickup area for the airport shuttle. It's the kind of place where people can choose to be very social or solitary with wide, spacious common areas.

Arthouse Hostel

Launceston, Australia

Nice place in Launie with lots of information on places to see in the area and in Tasmania. Visit the Tarkines if you can, it's well worth it.

Thanks so much for the great ratings and comments. We do try to keep up to date with all info on Launceston AND Tasmania, so are happy that you found it helpful. And YES, everyone should visit the Tarkine if possible - it is one of the Worlds most amazing and threatened wilderness areas.

The Walrus Hostel

Alex was very kind. Too bad the other young guy there wasn't. The staff in general was very friendly and helpful. The kitchen is great and the rooms are very clean. I have been to a lot of hostels (way more than I've reviewed here) and I would definitely come back here. People can chill out or be social if they want.

Stayed here again. Rooms and bathrooms in the four-bed dorm are a bit on the small side, but otherwise, an excellent hostel.

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The staff were all really friendly and welcoming. This is the kind of hostel I really like: good place to meet people, but set up in a way where one can chill out alone as well.

Rut & Ragnars Hostel

Malmo, Sweden

The staff was really nice and helpful. It's a bit out of the way. Like all the hostels in Sweden, sheet rental not included. There are a lot of long-term boarders here, rather than tourists, so the vibe is not the same as other hostels. The kitchen and bathroom facilities were good. The laundry machines and dryers are free to use, which is great. =)

This place is right next to the central station. All the staff there were really friendly and helpful. However, the hostel also serves as a waypoint for people immigrating to Sweden, etc, so the atmosphere is very different from other places. I sympathise with the situation of the people/families there, but it was awkward since I was a tourist staying for different reasons. For example, one of the people in my dorm room asked me for money in the first five minutes we met.

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

This was a great hostel. Good, spacious kitchen facilities. Like all the hostels I've been to in Sweden, sheet rentals are not included and are about 5 euros. I'd definitely stay there again.

Sleephere

Brussels, Belgium

A large house in the Art Deco style, beautifully maintained. Great location, near supermarket and within walking distance of the metro. If you are visiting in Brussels, this is the place to stay.

Egyptian Night

Cairo, Egypt

The hotel is very central. It's a very good value for money and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

Thanks for sharing your experience of staying at our place, We wish to see you again in Egypt and it was a pleasure to have you stay at the hostel.

Wombat never fails to deliver. The layout was particularly good at letting people either do their own thing or be social and meet others. Good kitchen.

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

I stayed for one night while traveling to another city. Great location and clean rooms.

Black Sheep Hostel

Cologne, Germany

This is an excellent hostel with quirky character. If you're in search of actually connecting with other people instead of just a place to stay, this hostel is great.

This hostel is in an authentic neighborhood which is not at all touristy. The staff were friendly and helpful.

I only stayed here one night before catching a plane. It was clean and the staff were good. The triple bunk beds might be a problem for some though.

YHA Oxford

Oxford, England

A three night stay in an ensuite dorm room. I wish they could have cleaned the bathroom a bit more regularly. Besides that, it is an excellent hostel with a good kitchen, a reading library and an excellent breakfast.

TEN Backpackers Osaka

Osaka, Japan

All around, a really decent, artsy hostel. Different in that it the rooms are tatami style with no beds. Rooms were clean as well. I try to always give positive reviews but I do have to say two of the receptionists were rather parochial and pigheaded and made me wonder why they were working at a hostel with international guests. The other receptionist and staff were very friendly.

Konnichiwa, thank you very much for your valuable feedback as it would help us to improve our service in the future. We all always try to be flexible, but sorry If you have ever felt that way. Hope the next visit to our hostel will be more enjoyable! Thank you again. --ten hostel team

Budget Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The hostel's name listed on Hostelworld and its directions are wrong. They lead you to a building with no signage saying where the hostel actually is. I arrived at night after a long plane ride and was lucky to have someone point me to where the reception was, in another building down the street. It was a decent place for Hong Kong, but make sure to call ahead of time to make sure where it is.

A decent hostel that is very clean. Not too great for meeting people, but very close to the station.

FuQi Hostel

Tainan, Taiwan

Excellent hostel. It's a great place to explore Tainan and the surrounding area. The place is very clean (smells good too) and the staff are quite friendly and helpful if approached. I will come back again.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed in many other hostel, Bahaus hostel was the one I enjoyed the most. Keep it going boys.