Reviews: jmssutherland9739

This place is not really a traditional traveller hostel (so don't expect big parties) but it is a very professionally run, safe and clean place to stay as a stopping off point in Denver. I booked a private room and it was on a par with what you would expect from a budget hotel/ b+b. Staff were friendly and helpful and there are some fun bars and nice restaurants nearby. A good base for exploring Denver.

• 22nd Aug 2013

The Venice Beach Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

This is the worst hostel that I've ever stayed in (out of 25+) Staff are ok but: the two sites are a short distance apart and the security is absolutely non-existent. Anyone could walk in and out of either hostel -the second site does not have a self locking door and I walked into and around the main hostel without being challenged. As for the conditions in the main hostel: I have genuinely seen better homeless shelters: simply awful. I was actually shocked. Read other reviews before booking.

• 12th Aug 2013

Not a typical traveller hostel per-se but a safe and secure place to base yourself for a couple of days when in Denver

A friendly and well run hostel. Large place but still good for meeting fellow travellers. Good balance between party/quiet atmosphere. Location ok- safe and in walking distance to some tourist attractions. The neighbourhood itself has good bars/ restaurants nearby. Staff very friendly/helpful save for the one who appears to make hitting on women his sole priority. Place was kept clean, room was fine, although I understand that the ones on the ground floor are a little noisy. Would come back.

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

I've stayed in close to 30 hostels now, all over the place, and this is by far and away the safest, cleanest and nicest one I've been too. The staff are cool while still being professional, the lobby and social areas would befit a good boutique hotel and the area of town is lovely with some great bars and areas. Its a pretty social place with just about the right balance between party hostel and quiet hostel. Highly, highly recommended. Oh, and free PC internet, not just wi-fi. Take that Hosteling Internati

James- Wow, thanks for your positive comments. We're glad that we now have a new spokesperson in the UK! We're always looking for ways to be the best and take our guest feedback to heart and use it daily for continual improvement. We look forward to hosting you again and hopefully your friends and family too! Glad to be a step ahead of the HI. Cheers, Mat Meadows General Manager

Good hostel in a top location, a very short walk to the beach. Personally I thought that Miami Beach was horrible, but that's not the hostel's fault. Helpful staff, good meals provided cheaply and a pretty social place to hang out. Not at all bad.

The Wanderers Inn West

New York, USA

I've always had a soft spot for this hostel, and have stayed there a lot. Yes, its a little on the shabby side, a little cramped and the neighbourhood isn't going to be to everybody's taste, but, it is great for meeting people, the staff (Ze and co) very friendly and helpful, and for NYC, it is great great value. Lacks the shine of some big hostel chains, but has plenty of charm to make up for it.