Reviews: fortheloveoflit

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 32

I was shocked that for the price of a nice clean room in most hostels we had a dirty, unairconditioned closet. The bathrooms and carpets were filthy and the rooms sweltering. We had a rickety bunkbed: thin plastic wrapped pallets on a rough piece of plywood. I have stayed in worse but those were only $8 a night, not $30. The location is great, central to everything but you will be staying in what amounts to a filthy dorm room. There is a $3 towel deposit. For $60 a night? No thanks.

• 31st Jul 2013

Fornelli Tower

Chicago, USA

Good: Location, Security, Staff Weird: no trashcans, no photography allowed, took 90 min. to check in Bad: Heat broken and room 84 degrees. Refused to do anything Friday and kept giving us the run around. They were nice, they just kept saying they couldn't do anything. Had to fight for hours to get moved second night, they just kept shrugging and saying there was nothing they could do but give us breakfast. After much harassing we got a refund for Friday. Worth it if you have time to deal....

• 2nd Nov 2012

Casa Rezzonico

Venice, Italy

Amazing location. The staff was VERY helpful, especially when our flight was changed to 6am. They even brought me tea when I got sick from sitting on the vaporetto too long in the cold. Very clean and comfortable. ADORABLE location. Just like the picture!

B&B La Signoria di Firenze

Florence, Italy

AMAZING location! AMAZING staff! Right by the Uffizi, great central location. Market next door for fresh food. The rooms were 4 star hotel quatily and the service was 5. Staff made us espresso in the morning, reservations at exclusive, out of the way eateries and gave us excellent advice. This was an amazing deal and we will definately stay there again!

Blue Hostel

Rome, Italy

Tiny room, paper thin walls, moldy bathroom. We were told Ercole would meet us at 9am. When we called at 9,30 Andrea answered and said check in was at 11. There was some mixup because Ercole was out of town. We hiked to the building and waited. Andrea met us later and gave good restaurant recommendations and was very nice. Really just like an apartment up 4 flights of stairs. Location is not great for walking or Metro.

RC Miguel Angel

Madrid, Spain

Great location but very safe. 2 blocks from the Palace one way and 2 blocks from Plaza del Sol the other. Great night life and shopping area. Great boutiques right downstairs. I had read in some reviews that the staff spoke little English. One worker spoke well but the others not at all. Very clean and quiet. I was in a 6 person room and everyone was quiet and respectful. Overall it is in the middle of everything but very, very safe. There was a nice kitchen and even washing machine. Great!