Reviews: stokesy2464094

Royal Mile Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Paying so much for a dorm room was a necessary evil in a stupidly expensive city, even more expensive during "Fringe". Hostel was fine though, Aussie girl at reception was really nice and helpful, best thing was the location.

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

Walking to the room was like walking through a smelly prison. The room itself also smelled really bad, although it was nice enough inside, albeit aging. Staff unhelpful especially in the morning trying to get a taxi to the bus terminal. Basically got shoved into their mates rip off taxi. We later found out that by walking 5 minutes we could have got a standard public taxi that would have cost way cheaper.

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

The AC room was really good. Location in a quiet area but a nice short walk to everything. They provided a taxi and driver at good prices to go anywhere outside the old town. Staff mostly very helpful. Great value for money.

Lazy Bird Guest House

Incheon, South Korea

I had a great stay here. The guesthouse is a lovely place and a much cheaper alternative than staying in an airport hotel. I arrived late at night (after the check in deadline) but the owners were kind enough to come and pick me up. I then got a ride to the airport first thing in the morning. I was the only guest and was upgraded to the private room. The room was warm (Korean winter, that is good), clean, and had a nice bathroom, living room and kitchen.

Osaka Hana Hostel

Osaka, Japan

Amazing place to stay in Osaka. Cheaper than some others too and has great facilities. Wifi in the rooms work well. Great staff. Great location at Shinsaibashi.

Thank you so much for your great comment!! Hope to see you again! Arigato-gozaimashita!!

What a lovely guesthouse. The staff were really nice and helpful. It was a really old style Japanese house but with a modern flavour. Our private room was beautiful. The free coffee and stuff was a really nice touch. Good wifi too. Close to anything you need in Nara. Less than a 5 min walk from the KintetsuNara station.

Hostel 64 Osaka

Osaka, Japan

The hostel was fine, secure and the room was very nice. There were subway stations within walking distance that gave transport to areas with more stuff to do, like restaurants, cafe's and things. The breakfast the hostel gave was alright. The value of this hostel though, for me, was pretty poor. There are cheaper hostels in Shinsaibashi, much closer to everything and at a more convenient subway station. For the price, they should really provide wifi on each floor for the rooms.

Guest House Bola-Bola

Kyoto, Japan

Really really nice stay. The location was what I was looking for, out of the new city and in a really local neighbourhood. Price cheap and the room etc was lovely. I'd definitely stay here again if I went to Kyoto.

Kiss & Fly B&B

Incheon, South Korea

Really nice place. The owner was lovely and wish I could have spent more time talking to him. My score is slightly lower than I guess it would give as a solo traveller as I stayed with my girlfriend in the private room, and could have got a similar priced motel with AC right next to the station, but this is a very small thing. Great access to the airport for early flight! Overall, really pleased and I'd stay there again!

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

Amazing. Just, amazing. Quite easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Thank you to the staff especially Greg and Jeff, who were always on hand to help with anything. Thanks to the other guests who were there during my 10 day stay, the atmosphere in the hostel was friendly, outgoing, so easy to meet people. They did a few nights with a happy hour and live music in the restaurant/bar area which was brilliant. Good food, especially the breakfasts. I'll be back!

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

I loved this hostel - everything a single traveller could wish for. Great staff, real community feel so it is very easy to meet people, bus stop right outside which takes you into the centre (Chinatown, White House, Museums etc).

BambooStix Backpacker Resort

Alappuzha, India

It was a really lovely place, but I was the only person staying there which made it a lot less fun than it could have been. I'd like to go back during high season!

Mystique Moments

New Delhi, India

Couldn't have asked for a better start to my India trip. Despite arriving 24 hours early Manu was very helpful and accommodating. Met some other travellers to continue on with. The hotel is quite far from the centre, but the staff provide lots of help, metro is easy, and besides, the local area gives a real taste of local Delhi life! Room was slightly dirty (lots of dust), but for the price, the staff and it being a 6 bed dorm, I cant complain! Very good and definitely recommended! Sean

Red Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

Fantastic! Staff were brilliant, location was great. Very clean and cool decorations. We got fresh bedding both nights there, and even a room with just 2 single beds in on 1 of the nights. Definitely will be back when in Valencia. Plus, at that price, WOW!!!