Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Incredible staff who go above and beyond to assist, even if it's 4am and you just learned your 6am flight out of Krakow is cancelled. Thanks guys! Only thing I can criticize is pack earplugs if you're a light sleeper, as the walls are super thin between the 4 bedroom dorms at least.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Hey ! I hope you got to your destination safely and we will be more than glad to have you in Krakow again :) Take care

Base Camp Anchorage

Anchorage, USA

Great hostel with nice people! I recommend *not* renting bikes here though if you can help it- mine was pretty bad, and I wish I'd spent a few more bucks to rent one elsewhere.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Nice enough hostel, but definitely pack earplugs on the weekends- the bar downstairs is NOISY! I imagine this isn't as big an issue on weekdays though.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Hungary

Hi there, thanks for your review. Yes it can get a bit noisy on a weekend as we a very central and amoung some of York's most popular bars and restaurants. We always have earplugs to hand if you need a better sleep.

Pal's Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This was, to be honest, a very nice apartment for six people, BUT my friends checked out on my behalf as I had to leave early, and they were told at reception the 10% was a commissioning fee and not a deposit, which is NOT TRUE on Hostelworld! So they paid, as they had to catch a flight... .

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

She booked their apartment, paid the deposit. On the last morning she left earlier than her friends. She left her part of the amount due to us to her friends. It was 1/6 of the total price minus the deposit she had already paid. So we asked her friends to pay their 'total' share of the whole amount (5 times 1/6). That's how we got the amount payable for us. There were no tricks at all:)

Francesco's

Ios, Greece

Great location- one of the best views ever from a hostel!- and lots of fun people. Had a great time with folks on the terrace in the evenings and around midnight everyone went out together- of course if you turn in early be prepared to be waken up when everyone gets home, but who expects something else in Ios? Beach is 5min away by bus. Not too many folks as I was there last weekend of the season, but I still enjoyed this place.

• 20th Sep 2013

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Hard to believe this place charges you for wifi in the room although it's free in the bar- odd thing for a hostel to do! Unbeatable location and bar is lively on the weekend with locals. Enjoyed my stay.

• 27th Apr 2013
  • Hungary

Hi Yvette Thank you for your comments! Perhaps here there was some sort of lack of information. If you LIKE us on Facebook you get free WIFI in your room. Cheers and kind regards, Maxi, Danhostel Copenhagen Downtown

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

Like many who travel to hostels, I was incredibly curious to see what makes this top the list of best hostel in the world for so many years. The answer is yes the hostel itself is great in so many ways, but they realize what makes hostels memorable are the people you meet and organize great activities etc accordingly! Great spot and staff and breakfast too. :) Can be noisy if you have the room by the stairwell door w people returning late at night, don't forget earplugs.

• 1st Feb 2013

Le 2 Terrazze

Verona, Italy

A nice B&B in Verona- can be a little hard to find at first as there is no proper sign and instead it's just listed outside on the apartment buzzers, so keep your eyes peeled!

• 12th Oct 2012

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel truly deserves its reputation as you couldn't ask for a better location (both in terms of within Istanbul and kicking back drinks on the rooftop terrace overlooking the Bosporus), more friendly or attentive staff, or excellent free things along the way. If you're the sort of traveler who wants to kick back and exchange tales and ideas with people from around the world, THIS is the hostel to go to in Istanbul.

• 4th Apr 2012

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I've been to a few hostels in Edinburgh on previous trips- this is a fine enough big hostel (though the hot water didn't always work on the upper floor!) but the location can't be beat and the staff were quite nice.

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Place could use a new coat of paint and can be noisy at night (not a weekend to forget your earplugs!) but it's under new management so we'll see how things evolve. And the single rooms are for a price that can't be beat in this part of Europe.

A strange complaint for a hostel in Quebec, but w no AC this place was STIFLING this past week- hard time sleeping during my time here! Likely a rare issue tho.

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

Great hostel with lovely people and lots going on. My six person room was definitely on the crowded side though.

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

I stayed at this Barnacles location two years ago on my first trip to Dublin and knew to come here the night before catching my flight home to the USA as it has the best location of any hostel in the city. Hostel itself is great just definitely feels more like a brand hotel than a quirky spot if that's what you prefer in your hostels, and weekends are often full of drunk locals for whom it's cheaper to reserve a bunk than a cab.

Great hostel in a great location, and Fergus is awesome. Will certainly have fond memories of Kilkenny!

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

The bar was good fun but the hostel itself had some of the worst facilities I'd seen- six people crammed into a tiny room so tightly it resembled a chicken coop, and this was only possible by them using shorter than normal beds! (My feet were touching the end and I am 5'5," no idea what tall guys would do.) Also I am really not a fan of push button showers and sinks.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Without question the best chain in the business- open more hostels guys!!! Only thing I really wish is that wifi went into the rooms as well as right now you can only use it on the first floor (which can get crowded) or the bar (which can get noisy). I don't think the breakfast is worth it for what you pay for.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

I have been to nearly 50 countries on six continents and this hostel is now tied for my favorite. What else can you say about the only hostel I've been to with a sauna and a putting green? Oh yes, that the location was excellent, the food/drink as well, and they organize great tours! Only complaint is the Wifi was EXTREMELY slow while I was here, as in you'd have to sit around several minutes waiting for a page to load. I suspect this is a temporary network issue however.

Lee Garden Guest House

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A little on the pricey side but great value for your money in the heart of Hong Kong. Amazing location and our room was cleaned every day.

This is a hostel I felt got a lot of the ideas right but messed up on the details- location is a beautiful spot along the water but it's far from the main city, room was cleaned every day but not thoroughly, all bunks had cages to lock up stuff but they were impossible to open without waking everyone in the room! (oiling might help on the latter?)

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

After six months of travel this is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in. Only minor complaint is I couldn't get the wifi to work and that you had to pay for it anyway.

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

First hostel in Europe with no free wifi! Picked up a free signal in the hallway to the left of the computer room though.

Neptunes Town Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

Great location and nice staff

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

Stayed at another hostel in Galway as well and trust me, this one's the best of the bunch!

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

Great facilities though the common room is often overrun with groups of drunken pregaming guys hitting on girls so I avoided it in the early evenings.

Hostel Posillipo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Lovely hostel- great location and staff.