Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Absoloot Value Accommodation

Queenstown, New Zealand

One of the best places I've stayed whilst travelling around the South island.

• 14th Apr 2014

Auckland, New Zealand

• 2nd Jan 2014

Globetrotters International

Cairns, Australia

I will start with a positive, the female dorm is really nicely laid out. But the communication was terrible, especially considering they love posting notes everywhere about the rules and regulations, though noone seems to be enforcing it. I emailed to sat I arrived at 6am so what should I do,no reply,so sat outside on the pavement until a guest let me in.guy in office admitted he didnt really know what he was doing, it showed. Place could be great, have stayed in much better for less money.

• 8th Dec 2013

Rockhampton Backpackers YHA

Rockhampton, Australia

The transfer from the greyhound stop to backpackers was really great, I arrived at 8pm and was still collected. The backpackers itself feels quite dated and could do with some attention, especially the air conditioning in the rooms. Most likely you will just be stopping a night on your way along the coast, so for somewhere to lay your head this is all you need.

• 4th Dec 2013

The Friendly Hostel

Hervey Bay, Australia

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in, wish I had been staying for longer. It's not in the centre of Airlie Beach which for me was perfect. Best nights sleep I've had in a long time! Possibly to do with the champagne I won in their nightly quiz.

• 2nd Dec 2013

Landing Pads Brunswick

Melbourne, Australia

Landing pads feels more like a large house share then a hostel, after a day I felt quite at home. Great location for trams into the city, and if you're a coffee lover like me great coffee is only a stones throw away. My favourite addition to the house was Toby the cat, really made the place feel like a home. With a mix of people who are travelling through and working in Melbourne you're sure of someone to have a drink with and explore the city, or just relax and watch one of many films on the tv

• 5th Nov 2013

Ca' Zora

Venice, Italy

Great location, very cosy room. If I was to stay again I would request a self catering room; it felt like we were inconveniencing the owners to have breakfast. On our last day they were very kind and let us keep our key so we could collect our luggage later on.

• 22nd Oct 2012

Thank your for your review! We have to disagree with you, we are not bothered at all serving breakfasts in the mornings! Why should we? Actually it's a chance to have a chat with our guests and know them better!