Reviews: flholst

Location Norway, Gender Male, Age 40

Byron Beach Resort, Byron Bay, Australia
21st Mar 2016

Come for whatever brings you to Byron, stay for the hammocks :-D Not in the middle of town, but the shuttle is frequent and the walk isn't exactly daunting.

The Pickled Frog, Hobart, Australia
23rd Oct 2015

Vintage Place - Azorean Guest House, Ponta Delgada, Portugal
1st Dec 2014

Envoy Hostel, Yerevan, Armenia
21st Aug 2014

As I spent most of my time in Yerevan with local friends, the hostel was just a place to sleep (and maybe have breakfast). It certainly served that purpose very well and I'm sure it would have worked out socially as well, had I needed it :-)

Amistat Beach Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
7.7
23rd Jun 2014

First appearance was a bit too "party hostel" for my taste, but Sant Joan was more hectic than average. The school/sports team groups of kids are not a plus in my book.

Hostel Paradis, Nice, France
21st Jun 2014

Perfect location. A bit of a climb to the fifth floor (the elevator only goes to third), but the aircon in the room was a very nice reward. Plus for providing towels. I'd stay there again :-)

Ostello Bello, Milan, Italy
16th Jun 2014

Nice place, nice bar, nice people. A free drink to welcome while sorting out the paperwork is a nice touch, and all you need is close by and/or easy to get to. I'd be very happy to come back here :-)

St Christopher's Village, London, England
8.0
5th Jun 2014

Jorplace, The Hague, Netherlands
13th Apr 2014

Excellent welcome with a big, friendly smile. All my needs taken care of. Low season, so a bit empty, but I still had a nice few days in Haag/Scheveningen.

Dear Frederik, Thank you for leaving a review, it alwasy helps us and in your case makes our work worthwhile, thanks! We hope to see you some other time again at Jorplace and if so, send us an email with this message and you'll get a nice discount ;). Wish you all the best! Jorcrew

Heart Of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6.3
10th Apr 2014

If second-hand marihuana smoke and (window) shopping for prostitutes is your thing, then the location smack in the middle of the red light district is perfect. I'll probably look elsewhere for my next visit.

Residence Rooms, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
5th Oct 2013

I guess it was low season, but still there were hostels where the common rooms were substantially more lively.

15th Sep 2013

I showed upset the door at 6 in the morning, "fresh" off the night train. I was immediately invited in, offered a couch to catch up on some zzz's plus use of the showers and baggage room. And then they pointed me in the right direction for exploring Bratislava and catching the free walking tour. A very warm welcome afforded a slightly weary traveller.

It is always a pleasure for us to give our guests a little extra service. We are happy if you are...

Circus Hostel, Berlin, Germany
11th Sep 2013

Circus came highly recommendede and it didn't disappoint. Easy to find in a good location with a anice crowd and helpful and smiling staff from the first email contact to beyond checkout.

Oban Backpackers, Oban, Scotland
5th Jul 2013

I only stayed for one night, so my sense of the atmosphere and facilities is rather limited. Then again, the impression I did get was enough for me to regret not having more time in Oban and the hostel.

11th Jul 2012

I stayed twiced in July after a very pleasant stay last summer. The atmosphere was as good as previously with wine-fuelled chatting to fellow travellers in the backyard. Good company always seems readily availabe and the staff are helpful and had everything laid out for my late arrival. I'll definitely come back if I find myself in Toulouse again.

3 Penguins, Moscow, Russia
9.0
28th May 2011

Chosen on the back of other people's ratings, location and its name (I love 3 Ducks in Paris), 3 penguins did not let me down. Even though the sign was stolen, it was easy to find this smallish hostel-in-a-flat. A brief call, and the staff was at the door. I was given sheets, towels, WiFi access, city directions and a code for the door - all delivered with a smile. The location was perfect for my brief exploration of red Square and the centre during a transit stay. I'll definitely be back :-)

This is Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
9.3
1st Dec 2010

I had a thoroughly enjoyable time in Lisbon, in no small part thanks to the excellent hostel staff. Not only were they helpful in suggesting activities and communal dinners, but when a walking tour fell through, they went out of their way to sort everything out for me. The only drawback was that sound/noise carries easily through the building, but after a glass or two of port, I'm not likely to mind :-) Also, if you don't trust your fellow travellers, you might miss having a locker. I didn't.

• Norway,
4th Oct 2009

A nice hostel with a good vibe and crowd in one of the whitewashed medina alleyways. Sadly the roof terrace was closed for rebuilding, but the management compensated by throwing a free dinner and a round of drinks on the house. Would like to see the end result up top some day. Fresh linen after a few days, and even my dirty laundry got folded neatly - somewhat to my embarassment :-) Friendly and helpful staff that remembered your name. Big plus for free computers and wifi! Good DVD selection.